BRM Reviews the 7/17/2014 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 7/17/2014 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 20th, '14, 11:46

COLIN CASSADY & ENZO AMORE vs. THE VAUDVILLANS- no rating. Eh segment
Vaudvillains win in about two minutes when the Legionnaires come out and distract Colin & Enzo.

ASCENSION PROMO- okay

HYPE FOR NEXT WEEK’S WOMEN’S TITLE MATCH- very good

CJ PARKER vs. XAVIER WOODS- 4/10
The babyface announcer claims that last week Woods “saw through” what CJ Parker was trying to do, and that Parker’s “apology” was insincere and intended to make fun of Woods. I did not feel that way at all, I have not heard of anyone else seeing it that way, either.
Regal called CJ Parker a “shower-dodger”
The match was okay for the time it got, but they f*cked up the finish because they were too far away from the ropes for Parker to hold them for leverage... so what was supposed to be a dirty pin was actually 100% clean. The babyface announcer still tried to sell it as if it was dirty.

DEVIN TAYLOR INTERVIEWS TYSON KIDD- good promo
For some reason I didn’t realize just how short Devin is until just now (she’s 5’3’’). Speaking of short, cute girls…

ALEXA BLISS! vs. SASHA BANKS- 2/10 (but awesome for the time it got)
We got an inset promo from Alexa Bliss! in which she said that last time they met, Sasha “felt the sting of my bling.” She also said that Sasha underestimated her “because I’m so small and so nice.” I can’t decide if I loved this promo or hated it, but it definitely fits with the gimmick.
When she blew her pixie dust at the camera, one of the announcers declared it to be a “glitter blizzard,” which would be an awesome name for her finisher (especially if is something like a Tornado DDT).
Sasha is an awesome heel and Alexa is a great babyface. Bliss tried to win with various roll-ups because that’s what worked for her last time, while Sasha worked over Alexa’s back and won via submission. Please give these women more time (and maybe give Alexa Bliss! a win that isn’t by roll-up?)

DEVIN TAYLOR INTERVIEWS TYLER BREEZE- Good promo by Breeze, and a good segment to keep his title shot at Neville on our minds.

TYLER BREEZE MUSIC VIDEO- less fun the second time (although that “Dedicated to all my fans… even the uggos” will never get old).

Adam Rose was described as “the magnetic superstar.” This is clearly untrue because if it was true, he should get stick to the ringposts.

NATTIE AFTER LAST WEEK’S SHOW- “I don’t want to talk about it right now.” PERFECT!

DEVIN TAYLOR INTERVIEWS TYSON KIDD- great!
Nattie is a former Divas’ Champion. She can take care of herself. Accidents happen in that ring. PERFECT!
Also, based on Devin’s height, TJ is short, too.

ADAM ROSE vs. JASON JORDAN/JORDON (his video said one but the graphic said the other)- 4/10
Based on an in-set promo Jason appears to believe that either the Rosebuds abducted his tag team partner, or they are leading him down a destructive path of drug use.

DEVIN TAYLOR INTERVIEWS KALYSTO- fun.
HOLY SH*T HE’S AS SHORT AS DEVIN!
Then the Vaudvillans showed up and we learned that El Local is no longer teaming with Kalysto, but Kalysto will find a new partner and we’ll have a tag match next week.

TYSON KIDD vs. SAMI ZAYN- 7/10

A good show from NXT.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3