BRM Reviews the 6/12/2014 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 6/12/2014 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 15th, '14, 13:14

THE BFFS vs. EMMA, PAIGE, & BAYLEY 4/10
Why are the other BFFs being mean to Summer all of a sudden? I don't like this at all!
The match was okay. Emma was the babyface in peril. I don't think Paige was ever even legal. For some reason they are building up BAYLEY as Charlotte's first challenger. Actually, now that I think about it, it's best to get Bayley out of the way early so that women who aren't obnoxious can get higher profile title shots (Alexa Bliss for Women's Champ!)
Oh. That's why the other BFFs are being mean to Summer: Because Summer is kind of a b*tch.

JBL SIGNS MR. NXT TO AN NXT CONTRACT- Mr. NXT assures JBL in a raspy voice that he truly BOlie... BE-lieves that he will make quite the impression

BFFS ARGUE BACKSTAGE-
ALEXA BLISS SHOWS UP! HOORAY! She was given terrible dialogue, but delivered it as well as possible. The result of this is a match between Alexa and Sasha Banks.

COLIN CASSIDAY vs. SYLVESTER LEFORT (w/Marcus Louis)- squash

NATTIE & TJ BACKSTAGE- good

AIDEN ENGLISH ENCOUNTERS A MIME BACKSTAGE- I think Aiden and I are equally confused.

SAMI ZAYN vs. MR. NXT- no rating. Oodles of fun.
Alex Riley ascribing fake legit accolades to Mr. NXT totally killed the gimmick. Mr. NXT immediately got chants of "Bo Leave!" followed by "you can't fool us!" They did everything right here in terms of incorporating Bo's signature moves and having his mask get ripped off in a way that didn't make it seem like Sami was being mean. I laughed my ass off when Bo was hugging the ropes trying to stop the cops from taking him away.

NXT TITLE MATCH: Adrian Neville(c) vs. Tyson Kidd (w/Natalya)- 8/10
"Nattie's husband!" chants for Tyson. Also some random Yoshi Tatsu chants, which were ironically timed considering that this aired on Black Thursday.
Tyson seemed to have the win, but Neville had his feet on the ropes. Tyson hit him with his finishers, but Pac kicked out of them, and also got the ropes off of a sharpshooter. Tyson got frustrated and grabbed a chair, but Nattie stopped him and they argued. This all gave Neville time to recover, and he hit a superkick and a BEAUTIFUL Red Arrow for the win.

Major props are due to Renee Young for calling the other announcers out whenever they were being idiots, earning her the coveted BRM Gold Star of Good Announcing.

An awesome episode of NXT
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3