BRM Reviews the 6/5/2014 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 6/5/2014 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 8th, '14, 12:12

AIDEN ENGLSH vs. MOJO RAWLEY- 1.25/10
Remember how I said that Mojo needs a better finisher? Well I was hoping for something that doesn't involve the ass at all. The leaping butt-butt is not a good finisher.

NATTE PROMO- she puts TJ over and says she will always have his back. He is just having a bit of trouble handling his big loss.

SPECIAL OLYMPICS VIDEO- apparently WWE held a special training session with Special Olympics athletes. The training session was conducted by Xavier Woods and EVA MARIE I don't care how simplistic it is, even if it is just using the gym equipment, but Eva should not be training anyone.

Speaking of the Special Olympics, Bailey is wrestling next...

BAILEY vs. CHARLOTTE (w/Sasha Banks)- 2/10
BOOOO! Bailey sucks! Someone look through the spoilers and tell me the next time Alexa Bliss or Alicia Fox are on TV.
If it wasn't going to effect the finish, why did Summer Rae come out in the middle of the match? Why not have her come out at the end, when it wouldn't distract her friend and almost cost her the match? You could do the same tease with Summer looking like she won't give Charlotte the title belt, but it would make more sense.
Speaking of things that don't make sense, why is Sasha so angry at Summer?
HEEL BEATDOWN ON BAILEY! HOORAY!
Paige and Emma come out to make the save. BOOO! Didn't Paige have to vacate the NXT Women's Title because she was getting called up to the main roster and wouldn't be around to defend the championship anymore? So why is she here all the time? Why not give this spot to Alexa Bliss or even Nattie?

JASON JORDAN & TYE DILLENGER BACKSTAGE- okay... they can sing, but that doesn't make me care about them as characters.

JASON JORDAN & TYE DILLENGER vs. PHILLIP GOULJAR & SOMEONE CUMBERLAND-4/10... entirely too even for what should have been a squash

BFFS BACKSTAGE- If they haven't been using it for months, why is Summer Rae on a Stick stilling lying around the locker room?
The jobbers get squashed

TYLER BREEZE STUFF- he cuts a promo on Sami Zayn, then shows us his new music video... which has apparently won THREE MTV Europe awards

BO DALLAS "TRIBUTE" VIDEO PACKAGE- brings a smile to my face

JUSTIN GABRIEL vs. ADRIAN NEVILLE- 6.5/10

TYSON KIDD & ADRIAN NEVILLE SEGMENT- good. I assume Tyson is turning heel and that will have some repercussions in his marriage with Nattie.

A okay episode of NXT in a vacuum, but coming right after Takeover, this was the wrong show. I don't think they did anywhere near a good enough job of following up on the TJ-Nattie stuff or on the Women's Title match from Takeover for being the HUGE deal that it was.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3