BRM Reviews NXT Takeover (NATTIE VS. CHARLOTTE!)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews NXT Takeover (NATTIE VS. CHARLOTTE!)

Post by Big Red Machine » May 30th, '14, 14:57

NXT Takeover (5/29/2014)- Winter Park, FL

ADAM ROSE vs. CAMACHO- 3.75/10
Rose and the Exotic Express made their entrance the whole way into the building, which was a nice touch to make this show feel bigger. His entrance is cool, but other than that, I find Adam Rose to be extremely annoying.

SAMI ZAYN VIDEO PACKAGE- AMAZING!

NXT TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The Ascension(c) vs. El Local & Kalysto- 5.5/10
Local and especially Kalysto looked good. Unfortunately, the Ascension won, dooming us to more months of boring repetitive squash matches.

TYLER BREEZE VIDEO PACKAGE- fantastic! Except for the part where he made Alexa Bliss sad. I didn't like that at all!

WINNER BECOMES #1 CONTENDER TO THE NXT TITLE: Sami Zayn vs. Tyler Breeze- 8.25/10
There is a man holding up a sign that says "Breeze is my dad." The man holding the sign up appears to b at least ten years older than Tyler Breeze, so I'm not really sure how that works out. Something else I'm not really sure of is how the two guys who just lost a #1 contendership match are getting the chance to earn another title shot so soon, but whatever.
Sami Zayn never cease to amaze me. Between pulling out new moves and his awesome selling, Sami makes every big match feel big. If h is not the top babyface in the WWE at some point, I will be very surprised. Tyler Breeze was awesome, too.

THE HARTS STRATEGIZE- this might well be the first time we have ever seen TJ and Nattie talking strategy backstage (and Bret Hart was there, too). There is no reason for this not to happen more awesome.

RUSEV & MOJO RAWLEY SEGMNET- Rusev totally sucks at flag-waving.
Mojo Rawley then came out waving an American flag and cut a promo telling Rusev that he wanted to "shove that flag right up your Putin." Then Mojo charged out to the ring... and got totally destroyed. Yeah. All of that build and all of those squashes just to job him out to a guy already on the main roster.

PAIGE SPEECH- She thanks the fans and puts over the NXT Women's Title. She also appears to have gotten something resembling a tan.

TOURNAMENT FINALS TO CROWN A NEW NXT WOMEN'S CHAMPION: Charlotte (w/Ric Flair) vs. Natalya (Bret Hart)- 8.5/10
I was surprised and amused by Flair doing the BFF snapping pose at the top of the ramp. I was not surprised that he did not attempt Charlotte's front handspring. It would have been awesome if he had hit it, though.
Nattie does what is probably my favorite "Woo!" in wrestling history.
The match was totally awesome and full of emotion. Best women's match in WWE in decades, if not ever.

NXT TITLE VIDEO PACKAGE- good.

The showed us a shot of Christian and Cesaro watching from the stands... and being the consummate heel, the 6'5 Cesaro has chosen a seat directly in front of a little girl who cannot possibly see over him.

TJ & NATTIE BACKSTAGE- no words necessary. PERFECT.

NXT TITLE MATCH: Adrian Neville(c) vs. Tyson Kidd- 8.25/10
Good storytelling and great wrestling. Tyson snubs Neville on a post-match handshake.

An amazing show from NXT. This will definitely be sen as a breakout moment in the career of Charlotte and Breeze (and Hopefully Nattie and Tyson, too, if WWE starts to use them well)... and possibly even women's wrestling in the WWE as a whole.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

NWK2000

Re: BRM Reviews NXT Takeover (NATTIE VS. CHARLOTTE!)

Post by NWK2000 » May 30th, '14, 18:51

I agree with all of this, except for Rusev, I think Rusev squashing an undefeated guy makes Rusev look hard as hell. Plus it's to further an angle, and I think this will be the feud that will start Mojo's rise as a top babyface.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » May 30th, '14, 21:25

NWK2000 wrote:I agree with all of this, except for Rusev, I think Rusev squashing an undefeated guy makes Rusev look hard as hell. Plus it's to further an angle, and I think this will be the feud that will start Mojo's rise as a top babyface.

I disagree; I think this was merely another stepping stone towards Big E v. Rusev in a flag match. No no ain't gonna do Jack!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 31st, '14, 19:29

NWK2000 wrote:I agree with all of this, except for Rusev, I think Rusev squashing an undefeated guy makes Rusev look hard as hell. Plus it's to further an angle, and I think this will be the feud that will start Mojo's rise as a top babyface.
But it doesn't make sense to have Mojo feud with Rusev, as one of them would have to lose, and Mojo's match-type doesn't take losing well while Rusev is a big main roster heel, so having him lose to Mojo would be silly.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » May 31st, '14, 21:01

I never really saw Mojo as an unbeatable babyface type anyway, and I'm a massive Rusev mark, so this is a win/win for me.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 31st, '14, 23:02

Big Red Machine wrote:
But it doesn't make sense to have Mojo feud with Rusev, as one of them would have to lose, and Mojo's match-type doesn't take losing well while Rusev is a big main roster heel, so having him lose to Mojo would be silly.
i actually think it builds on Mojo's character to stay hyped even when losing, so i can see him losing matches every now and then

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 1st, '14, 00:20

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
i actually think it builds on Mojo's character to stay hyped even when losing, so i can see him losing matches every now and then
Yeah... but have him at least look competitive. Don't have him get destroyed with no effort.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation