BRM Reviews the 4/24/2014 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 4/24/2014 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » May 7th, '14, 17:27

JBL & PAIGE BACKSTAGE- JBL says that being the Divas Champion on the main roster means that she has to vacate the NXT Women’s Title. Paige is unhappy with this. JBL emphasized how big of an impact Paige has made and assures her that he will make sure that the next champion was as worthy as she was by having a tournament.
This was AWESOME. Paige was upset about having to forfeit a title that she worked so hard for, but JBL put her over HUGE while making a tough but reasonable decision.

TRAVIS TYLER vs. ALEXANDER RUSEV (w/Lana)- squash. I just wish we could get something other than a squash. The crowd so much about this that they sang Adam Rose’s theme song.

ADAM ROSE PROMO- okay.

SASHA BANKS & CHARLOTTE vs. EMMA & PAIGE- 3.5/10
Oh come on! You couldn’t even show us Paige’s entrance? You just made such a big deal about how awesome she is, and last week you made a big deal about Emma’s mystery partner… and you don’t even show her entrance?! Was the Ruxev squash really that important?
Tensai said “when you have a bad knee a and a Flair in the ring, bad things can happen…” and then Charlotte hit a sort of flipping cutter to get the pin. I laughed uproariously.

TYSON KIDD vs. MASON RYAN- 4.5/10
It’s great to see Tyson Kidd finally getting a push in WWE developmental at age 33, after eight years with the company, one world tag team title, and a run as the top champion in their previous developmental territory seven years ago.

TYSON KIDD PROMO- the emotion and the words weren’t bad. They just felt too scripted.

TYLER BREEZE vs. ANGELO DAWKINS- 3/10
If Urchel were a wrestler, he would be Angelo Dawkins. They let Dawkins look good… then have him get beat in barely a few minutes. What’s even the point?

BRODUS KNOCKS NEVILLE’S TEETH OUT- apparently this happened after last week’s show. It’s a decent angle, I guess.

THE USOS & SAMI ZAYN vs. THE ASCENSION & COREY GRAVES- 7/10
I know it is corny and kind of racist, but I popped for the “Samoans have hard heads” spot. The match was fun.

An okay episode of NXT saved by a great main event. Tensai’s commentary, to borrow a phrase from The Rock “absolutely sucked.” He couldn’t even remember the “Total” in “Total Divas.” I actually enjoyed Alex Riley constantly out-witting him… and that’s impressive when you consider how bad Riley is.

STUPID ANNOUNCER QUOTES:
1. Someone said that Emma has been “with the Raw brand.”
What is this? 2004?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3