BRM Reviews the 4/17/2014 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 4/17/2014 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » May 7th, '14, 14:23

COLIN CASSIDY vs. AIDEN ENGLISH- 3.75/10
Is this feud STILL going on?!
Tonight’s Aiden English parody was Think of Me Fondly from Pahtom, which, based on past experience, will now be stuck in my head for months, so I hope Cassidy kicks English’s ass for this.
Aiden responded to chants of “ENCORE!” by shouting “YOU WISH!” That was awesome. The match itself was pretty hum-drum.

DEVIN TAYLOR INTERVIEWS TYLER BREEZE- AWESOME!
Devin: Tyler, you asked to address the NXT Universe. Is there something you would like to say?
Tyler Breeze: Actually, no. I just thought this episode needed someone who was gorgeous.

PAIGE STUFF- this segment’s awesomeness was inversely proportional to the awesomeness of Paige’s sleeveless zebra-striped turtleneck.

CAMACHO vs. OLIVER GREY- 0.5/10

DEVIN INTERVIEWS BO- He explains the total failure of his attempt to “occupy NXT” last week by saying that all of his Bo-lievers are law-abiding citizens and thus they didn’t want to break any laws, so they didn’t help. AWESOME!

THE ASCENCION vs. WESLEY BLAKE & CAL BISHOP- DUD!
Another boring Ascension squash.

DEVIN INTERVIEWS THE BFF’s- they show dissension. Charlotte rocked.

CJ PARKER PROMO- He apparently believes that the NXT Universe is solely responsible for all of the pollution, littering and animal cruelty in the world. That seems untrue.

CJ PARKER vs. THE GREAT KHALI- 3/10
The Great Khali, over seven feet tall, over four hundred pounds, former World Heavyweight Champion… is having a competitive match with a midcarder in developmental.
I will say that he actually looked much better than normal here.

EMMA PROMO- she is deliberately ambiguous on whether or not she has found a tag partner for next week. With anyone else, this would be pointlessly annoying, but Emma somehow manages to pull it off.

SAMI ZAYN PROMO- great! Sami will be back next week to team with the Usos against Corey Graves & the Ascension.

JASON JORDAN & TYE DILLENGER vs. BARON CORBIN SAWYER FULTON- 4/10
Jordan and Dillenger have matching gear, so they are apparently a new tag team. Both teams actually looked good. Dillenger was Ricky Morton and Jordan was Robert Gibson… and they did a great job with it.

ADRIAN NEVILLE vs. BRODUS CLAY- 5.5/10
Too short. They really should have cut out the Ascension squash and given that match this time. I mean come on. Was the same f*cking boring Ascension squash we have seen every month for the past year really necessary?

Despite having so many short matches, this episode of NXT managed to be entertaining.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3