BRM Reviews the 4/10/2014 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 4/10/2014 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » May 6th, '14, 12:51

DANNY BURCH vs. ADAM ROSE- almost a squash

DEVIN INTERVIEWS THE REF FROM LAST WEEK'S MAIN EVENT- good.
He explains the ref stoppage finish to those who might not have seen the finish before.

DEVIN INTERVIEWS COREY GRAVES- great promo by Graves

They tease that Bo will have a big announcement tonight. I hope he has decided to retire.

BAYLEY vs. SASHA BANKS (w/Charlotte & Summer Rae on a Stick)- 4/10
Well... you can't say that Alex Riley doesn't hit his bullet points, because he said the phrase "strong and powerful women" approximately fourteen times in the first minute of this match.

SYLVESTER LEFORT vs. MOJO RAWLEY (GO TERPS!)-squash
Can we get a real match on this show, please?

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- very good
Brodus Clay assaulted Lefort, giving him a powerbomb. This prompted a "Better than Batista!" chant. He then gave him a huge diving splash and cut a very good promo. Then Adrian Neville came out and cut a promo on Brodus. They get ready to fight, but then Brodus walks off, getting some heat. Riley did a good job come up with a BS reason for why Brodus did this ("he wasn't warmed up yet")

OLIVER GREY & CAMACHO BACKSTAGE SEGMENT-
All of a sudden Camacho has decided to become well-spoken and wear a suit. He did a decent job making this an evolution of his character (meaning that this Camacho and the Camacho we have always seen are the same character), but this is something that should have been done with a bunch of vignettes. Doing it this way just seems like it is a change out of nowhere.
Anyway, Camacho cuts a promo on Adam Rose, and Grey gets annoyed and challenges Camacho to a match next week.

NXT FAN ACCESS- looks like SO MUCH FUN!

KHALI, KAYLEY & CJ PARKER- okay
CJ Parker was Good. Khali actually dodged CJ's question about whether or not he recycles, so I'll assume that he doesn't... and a babyface should always recycle! Anyway, we're getting CJ Parker vs. Khali next week. I don't want to see Kahli at all, so I'm unhappy with this.

BO DALLAS WANTS TO OCCUPY NXT- FANTASTIC!
Bo wants to copy Dragon and get a title shot, so he asks for his Bo-lievers to Occupy NXT. The fans respond by booing and turning their backs to the ring, so Bo has a mental breakdown. This was AWESOME.
We cut to a commercial, and when we come back, Bo is still in the ring, almost crying. Just when I thought this couldn't get any better, JBL comes out and tells Bo "you don't have enough people to occupy a see-saw." He then books the following match...

BO DALLAS vs. JUSTIN GABRIEL- 6.5/10
Alex Riley was a great heel commentator here, but his bickering with Tensai was horribly annoying. Bo winning this match seemed like a big mistake, but I can't put my finger on why.

Overall, not a good episode of NXT. All you need to see is the Bo stuff.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3