BRM Reviews the 3/20/2014 NXT (boring)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 3/20/2014 NXT (boring)

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 21st, '14, 13:58

BULL DEMPSEY vs. MOJO RAWLEY (GO TERPS!)-
Rob Gronkowski was in the crowd, wearing a Mojo Rawley shirt.
Dempsey bills himself as “the last of the old warriors” and as a “throwback.” He looks exactly like what I would image Michael Elgin would look like if he came up in the 70’s.
Dempsey got a lot of offense in, but then Mojo put him down with a few power moves. He REALLY needs a new finisher, though.

DEVIN TAYLOR INTERVIEWS CJ PARKER- a good promo (he says he will “humanely dispose of Mojo Rawley”), but Parker wearing a vest—suit and tie just doesn’t work.

TYLER BREEZE vs. SAMI ZAYN- no rating.
Sami’s music just doesn’t fit him. Graves jumped Zayn from behind, and Regal made sure to point out that not only did Graves jump him from behind, but he did so right after Zayn had high-fived a little girl. Then Regal said that such an act was so despicable that even he, who self-identifies as a “villain” would not have done it. AWESOME.
The match doesn’t happen because Zane can’t compete.

SEGMENT WITH SHEAMUS AND AIDEN ENGLISH-
Apparently FCW has now been 100% ret-conned into NXT. English interrupts Sheamus, and they set up for a match.

ADAM ROSE vs. CAMACHO- no rating.
Apparently Rose’s party-goers each only have one costume. On commentary, Renee Young expressed her desire to go to one of Adam Rose’s parties. William Regal said that he had an open invitation to one and he would take her. I DEMAND a vignette of William Regal at an Adam Rose Party.
The crowd kept trying to sing Rose’s theme song. The only other thing I have ever seen get over this quickly is the Funkasaurus. When Camacho cut Rose off, the fans chanted “PARTY POOPER!” at him.
The match was short and wasn’t close to good, but it did what it was supposed to, which is get Rose over.

BAILEY (w/Natalya) vs. SASHA BANKS (w/Charlotte & Summer Rae on a Stick)- 1/10
What was the point of Charlotte getting heat on Nattie on the outside if Bailey was going to win a few seconds later?

HYPE FOR “VENGEANCE WEEK”- good, but there are too many matches for just one hour.

SHEAMUS vs. AIDEN ENGLISH- 4/10
They do a pre-match segment with Sheamus ,making fun of English then singing an Irish song. The crowd was into it, but I was board as hell. The match started when English jumped Sheamus from behind.
So English got the heat, used a bunch of sleepers, and cut off a few hope spots. Then Sheamus made the comeback and won with the Brogue kick. I remained bored.

A very boring episode of NXT.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3