BRM Reviews the 2/12/2014 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 2/12/2014 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 18th, '14, 10:40

NATALYA, BAYLEY, & EMMA vs. SUMMER RAE, SASHA BANKS, & ALICIA FOX (w/Charlotte)- 5.25/10
So the BFF's did a simultaneous sassy entrance pose, and Alicia Fox was clearly not invited. That made me laugh. Team No Last Names gets the win when Emma makes Alicia Fox tap to the Emma Lock after the BFF's walk out on her, saying they don't want her in their group. I would have much preferred for Fox to tap first, then the other girls leave her and say that they don't want her because that makes Emma's win more clean.
If I've said it once, I've said it a million times: Summer Rae is a fantastic heel.

COLIN CASSIDY vs. AIDEN ENGLISH- 0.5/10
That was surprising. English, the heel won cleanly, quickly, and decisively.

SAMI ZAYN & ANTONIO CESARO SEGMENT- awesome! A charismatic babyface who wants a match, a dastardly heel who doesn't want it but attacks the babyface anyway, and then a big announcement by an authority figure who announces that the match will happen on the promotion's biggest show so far. What more could you ask for? (Well...a better name for the big show than Arrival, but other than that, what else can you ask for?)

TYE DILLINGER vs. CJ PARKER- squash

CJ PARKER PROMO- FANTASTIC & FUN! There's a heel turn for you! Parker has now added some green rage into his gimmick and cut a awesome promo officially turning himself heel.

THE WYATTS SQUASH SOME NOBODIES- BAD!
They had build up the Wyatt's return all night as if it would be something big. Instead we just got a squash, meaning that we ended the show with two straight squashes. Making matters worse, the evil heel Wyatts, who are top heels in WWE... got a huge babyface reaction here. WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?!

Clearly all of their focus right now is building towards Arrival, which is where it should be, but with a one hour show, that means that the in-ring product is suffering, and I am worried that they are trying to do too much at Arrival. They have one hour, and they've already got three huge matches announced. After Emma vs. Paige for the Women's Title, Zayn vs. Cesaro, and the Ladder Match for the NXT Title, do they even have time for anything else on that show? They seem to be building stuff up for for it (English vs. Cassidy again, and a possible Ryan vs. Lefort's guy match), but I don't think there will be time for it.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3