BRM Reviews the 1/1/2014 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 1/1/2014 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 13th, '14, 07:57

KOFI KINGSTON vs. ALEXANDER RUSEV (w/Lana)- 4.75/10
Rusev, an NXT guy, pretty much dominated a legit WWE star like Kofi... and I completely believed it. Once his in-ring work is more polished, Rusev will be a HUGE deal in the WWE.

DEVIN YOUNG INTERVIEW SYLVESTER LEFORT- great.
Lefort is looking for a new client. The first guy he sees is a fat, American version of Togi Makabe, whom he dismisses as being too fat. Then Mason Ryan shows up. Lefort asks him if he is here to audition. Ryan asks "what audition?" Lefort assures Ryan that if he joins up with him, he will make a lot of money... and he holds up a ONE DOLLAR BILL! Ryan looks at the one dollar bill, grabs it, and stuffs it in Lefort's mouth before calling him an idiot and walking away.

WINNER BECOMES #1 CONTENDER TO THE NXT WOMEN'S TITLE: Emma vs. Natalya- 4/10
Nattie survey's Emma's entrance with this brilliant look on her face that clearly says "what the f*ck is this girl doing?"
The match was short, but you can't accuse them of not trying their damnedest to put Emma over. SHe made Nattie tap in clean in the middle of the ring in five minutes!

SING-OFF: Aiden English vs. Colin Cassidy- almost as awesome as Summer Rae and Emma's dance-off from last summer.

TYLER BREEZE vs. MASON RYAN- DUD!
"Prince Pretty" has got to be the single worst nickname I have ever heard. I know there was a distraction, but Ryan went down WAY too quick for someone who is suppposed to be a giant powerhouse

2 OUT OF 3 FALLS MATCH: Sami Zayn vs. Leo Kruger- 6.5/10
Sami wins 2-0. I guess they are duping the Leo Kruger character in favor of Adam Rose.

A decent episode of NXT

STUPID ANNOUNCER QUOTES:
1. Tony Dawson- "That man is a ten time champion here in the WWE! A four-time Intercontinental Champion, three-time United States Champion, and two-time tag team champion."
Do you know who isn't a champion? Tony Dawson. At least not at math (for those wondering, I'm pretty sure ten is the correct number and he just forgot a tag team title reign. Still, it was an obvious mistake that someone should have picked up on).

2. Alex Riley (about Kofi) "this guy has done everything here in the WWE."
Except, you know... win a world title. That seems like a pretty big thing that he has yet to accomplish.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: BRM Reviews the 1/1/2014 NXT

Post by cero2k » Jan 13th, '14, 08:30

Big Red Machine wrote:
"Prince Pretty" has got to be the single worst nickname I have ever heard. I know there was a distraction, but Ryan went down WAY too quick for someone who is suppposed to be a giant powerhouse .
Ever since Rusev beat Ryan, he has been going down a lot, i really don't see Ryan staying much longer with WWE, kinda like they already lost faith in him

Big Red Machine

Re: BRM Reviews the 1/1/2014 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 13th, '14, 09:36

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
"Prince Pretty" has got to be the single worst nickname I have ever heard. I know there was a distraction, but Ryan went down WAY too quick for someone who is suppposed to be a giant powerhouse .
Ever since Rusev beat Ryan, he has been going down a lot, i really don't see Ryan staying much longer with WWE, kinda like they already lost faith in him
Understandable. He's had two chances on the main roster already and didn't stick. He looked good last year in NXT, though.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3