BRM Reviews the 12/4/2013 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 12/4/2013 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 9th, '13, 10:32

NXT WOMEN'S TITLE MATCH: Paige(c) vs. Natalya- 6.5/10
Aside from the boob cups, Nattie's top is just off-flesh-colored and sparkly... and it looks SEXY AS HELL.
So during a commercial, Nattie apparently did something really heelish when Paige offered her a handshake, which set Paige off angrily... and we never even got a replay of it.
They had a really interesting dynamic going where Nattie really wasn't doing anything super-illegal, but her body language just read as a heel, whereas Paige would occasionally pull Nattie's hair to get out of a hold, but Nattie's almost heelish vibe gave Paige's illegal actions more of a scrappy babyface feel.

Anyway, this was a very good match. I might need to look back again, but I'm almost certain that this will be WWE's Women's match of the year.

Renee Young- "I can almost guarantee you that Paige does not twerk."

TYLER BREEZE, ALEXANDER RUSEV, & LANA BACKSTAGE- Very good.
I laughed my ass off at Breeze calling Kassius Ohno an "uggo," though I'm sure that the "kind of a fatty" line was someone poking some insider fun at Ohno's supposed conditioning issues.
They also did a much better job with Lana talking to Rusev this week. Rather it all being in Bulgarian or Russian or whatever, they through in some English words "you will CRUSH Ohno" so that those of us without a background in Slavic languages actually had some idea what she was saying.

SEGMENT WITH SYLVESTER LEFORT, SCOTT DAWSON, & MOJO RAWLEY (GO TERPS!)- good segment.
Mojo is representing with both the Maryland red and black and Underarmor gear. He says he wants to be NXT Champ. Lefort offers to help him, but Mojo claims that Lefort is a parasite who stiff Dawson on hiss paycheck and is bad for Dawson's career. Dawson and Lefort were great here, with Lefort denying the claims and Dawson believing him. Dawson challenges Rawley to a match next week.

AIDEN ENGLISH SQUASH- squash

CESARO & BYRON SAXTON SEGMENT-
Cesaro invites Byron up to the stage and actually apologizes for harassing him last week. "As a sign of good will" he then "invites" (more like forces through intimidation) Saxton to do the "We the People!" salute. Byron doesn't to it with enough enthusiasm for Cesaro's liking, so Cesaro starts choking him, hoping to draw out William Regal. When Regal doesn't show, Cesaro demands that Byron tell him where William Regal is. Byron doesn't know, so Cesaro gives him a big slap than sends him rolling down the ramp.

SAMI ZAYN PROMO FROM AFTER LAST WEEK'S SHOW- Kruger jumps him from behind.

Byron Saxton was replaced on commentary by Top Phillips, and Alex Riley, also doing commentary, immediately asks Phillips "where were you when that was happening?" (referring to Cesaro bullying Byron). So Alex Riley, trained wrestler, is demanding to know why this pip squeak third string announcer didn't help defend someone from a bully? YOU WERE SITTING RIGHT THERE, ASSHOLE!

TYSON KIDD vs. LEO KRUGER- 3.5/10
Shouldn't his wife be out here to support him in his match? And shouldn't he have been out there to support her in her title match?
This looked like it was going to be a great match, but it ended quickly when Zayn distracted Kruger.

HUNICO & CAMACHO PROMO- decent

NXT TITLE MATCH: No Dallas(c) vs. Adrian Neville- 5/10
How the hell did they not hype this up. I completely forgot that it was happening.
Anyway, they had an okay match with a disappointing finish. Bo just didn't seem beaten enough to purposely take the countout. I did like the way they did it, though, as it plays well into Bo's gimmick of being a heel who thinks he is fooling people into thinking he is a babyface. Still, the match was nowhere near good enough for a main event.

Not sure who tonight's ring announcer is, but she sucks. Her voice has this annoying, almost childlike inflection.

An okay episode of NXT.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3