BRM Reviews the 10/9/2013 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 10/9/2013 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 20th, '13, 22:36

ANTONIO CESARO vs. LEO KRUGER- 6.75/10
A good, clean heel vs. heel match in which both guys look strong. I like this because the lack of cheating leaves both guys as heels 9because we feel no more sympathy for the one than the other).
Well... I spoke too soon. Claudio attacks Kruger after the match.

SANTANA GARRETT vs. CHARLOTTE (w/Bailey)- 1.5/10
Yeah... Charlotte's not that good yet. Her finish looked like crap... which is especially frustrating when he hit a nice F-5 right before that. Just use the F-5!

On commentary, the announcers are all talking up how big a deal it would be if Santana could beat Charlotte all because she is Flair's daughter. Her being Flair's daughter is irrelevant. She has only had like four matches! Just because she is Flair's offspring doesn't automatically make her good (see: David Flair).

SUMMER RAE PROMO- good. She brags about taking out Paige, then Paige comes out and attacks her and Sasha Banks from behind. The heels eventually use the numbers game to gt the advantage, and Emma comes out to make the save. I'm not sure why any of the other three babyfaces who were in the ring a few seconds ago didn't turn around and help their fellow babyface, but hey, if it means more screen time for Emma, I'll take it! LONG LIVE THE EMMALUTION!

MOJO RAWLEY PROMO- decent

SUMMER RAE BACKSTAGE PROMO- good. And we'll get a tag match next week between Summer Rae & Sasha and Emma and Paige!

DANNY BURCH vs. MOJO RAWLEY (GO TERPS!)- good squash

PAIGE & EMMA PROMO- challenge accepted!

ENZO AMORE & COLLIN CASSIDY vs. SCOTT DAWSON & ALEXANDER RUSEV (w/Sylvester Lefort)- squash.
GREAT pre-match promo by Cassidy & Amore! These guys are ridiculously entertaining. Like goofy babyface Jersey Shore guys. SO MUCH FUN! I can definitely see them fitting into a sort of babyface 3MB jobber role (although a 7-foot tall jobber is more than a bit weird).

SAMI ZAYN, & BO DALLAS BACKSTAGE- good
Sami says that he doesn't dislike Bo, which make me question my support of him. Bo then comes in and makes an amusing Star Wars reference. THIS IS SO BACKWARDS AND CONFUSING! WHAT THE F*CK IS GOING ON?!
Anyway, at least we are getting an NXT Title match of out this.

AIDEN ENGLISH vs. ROB VAN DAM (w/Ricardo Rodriguez)- 3.75/10
Of all of the NXT guys to put RVD against, they choose this guy? Since getting this new gimmick all he has done is squashed some jobbers. Losing to RVD like this will do nothing but kill his momentum.
As if that wasn't bad enough, they only gave this match about seven minutes, and they spent over half of it on the shine, so English barely had time to get any heat.

Overall... an okay episode of NXT. There were WAY too many matches (seriously! SIX matches in a one hour show!) The segments were all good, though and set up for next week, and Kruger vs. Cesaro was great.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3