BRM Reviews the 10/2/2013 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 10/2/2013 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 9th, '13, 09:39

SUMMER RAE & FANDANGO vs. SANTINO MARELLA & EMMA- F*CKING HILARIOUS! Probably the comedy match of the year. Emma and Santino were utterly amazing! The commentary was also hilarious, but in an awkward, almost PWG-ish way. Renee Young spent most of the match talking about Fandango hitting on her and trying to get her to go to Disney World with him. She also made it quite clear that she was jealous because Santino gave Emma his Cobra. After the match, Alex Riley noted how cool it was that "Santino comes down here and he rubs off a little on Emma" and Renee Young and Tony Dawson just look at each other, and Renee throws her hands up in the air as if to ask "WHY would you say that?!" Renee then says "I really hope you guys don't rub off on me"... and by what I'm sure is a coincidence, they immediately they cut away from the announcers.

ASCENSION PROMO- awesome

LUKE HARPER vs. KASSIUS OHNO- 2/10
Wow. That was pretty quick. I guess the office is still angry with Hero.

ENZO AMORE & COLIN CASSIDY PROMO- F*CKING AWESOME! Jersey accents FOR THE WIN!
Cassidy: Scott Dawson, you come out here week after week, dressed like a mechanic. I wouldn't let you fix my car... ever. The only thing you're fixing is to get ya teeth knocked ya t'roat by me an' Enzo.

NXT TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: Adrian Neville & Cory Graves(c) vs. Rick Victor & Connor O'Brian- 5.75/10
The Ascension finally do something important! YAY!

BO DALLAS INVITATIONAL: Bo Dallas vs. An Unnamed Wrestler- great segment.
Being a heel, Bo picks some loser to face, and plays it off as if he is being a nice guy by giving this nobody a chance to earn a title shot. We were never given a name for Bo's opponent, so the crowd just chanted "LET'S GO THIS GUY!" Bo, of course, squashes the jobber, but not before the jobber gets a school boy in, which got a HUGE pop. Bo asks if there are any other challengers, and out comes Leo Kruger... then Cesaro comes out, too. They fight over who will get in the ring with Bo, with Cesaro using some heel trickery to jump Kruger. Then Bo jumps Cesaro. With Cesaro and Kruger both down on the floor and Bo standing tall in the ring, some new guy in a Lucha mask and cape comes out (and no, it's not El Generico). Bo has no problem facing this guy, so the referee rings the bell.

BO DALLAS INVITATIONAL: Bo Dallas vs. Some Random Luchador
Bo goes for a spear but the Luchador leapfrogs him and Bo hits his head on the turnbuckle. The Luchador then hits a HUGE Yakuza Kick in the corner and pins Bo. The Luchador then unmasks himself... AND IT'S SAMI ZAYN! Having Sami Zayn dress up as some sort of generic Luchador... THAT'S F*CKING GENIUS! I love it when WWE comes up with fun, original ideas like this!
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: BRM Reviews the 10/2/2013 NXT

Post by cero2k » Oct 9th, '13, 10:17

Big Red Machine wrote:
Bo goes for a spear but the Luchador leapfrogs him and Bo hits his head on the turnbuckle. The Luchador then hits a HUGE Yakuza Kick in the corner and pins Bo. The Luchador then unmasks himself... AND IT'S SAMI ZAYN! Having Sami Zayn dress up as some sort of generic Luchador... THAT'S F*CKING GENIUS! I love it when WWE comes up with fun, original ideas like this!
that wasn't a generic luchador, it was El Local

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 9th, '13, 10:57

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
I thought El Local was Ricardo Rodriguez?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 9th, '13, 13:25

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
I thought El Local was Ricardo Rodriguez?
yeah, but Sami was using his mask and attire

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 9th, '13, 14:27

Well now you've killed my joke.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation