BRM Reviews the 9/25/2013 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 9/25/2013 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 2nd, '13, 10:36

CJ PARKER & TALKER BREEZE BOTH WANT INTO THE TAG TEAM TURMOIL MATCH- So Maddox makes them partners with each other, which they hate. This was awesome. I laughed my ass off when Breeze called Parker an "uggo."

TAG TEAM TURMOIL MATCH TO DETERMINE #1 CONTENDERS FOR THE NXT TAG TEAM TITLES- 4.25/10
Wait... there were only four teams in this match? Really? I was expecting something big and epic.

BAILEY vs. SASHA BANKS (w/Summer Rae)- 3.25/10
It was what it was. Renee Young was surprisingly good on commentary and Summer Rae was a fantastically awesome heel. Breaking Bailey's headband was just mean and unnecessary.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- Summer Rae cuts a promo saying that Fandango will be at NXT next week and that she and Sasha are going to run wild all over NXT... but she said this in on oddly happy voice. I know she was supposed to be mocking the fans with this voice, but I think it would have come off a lot better as a straight heel promo.
EMMA COMES BACK AND CHASES THE HEELS OFF! YAY!

AIDEN ENGLISH SINGS- If you're going to parody a song, actually parody it. Don't randomly pause in the middle and overemphasize your voice or we can't tell what song your parodying and thus it ceases to be funny! I shouldn't have to go back twice to make sure that what I am hearing really is a parody of Master of the House.

AIDEN ENGLISH vs. BULL DEMPSEY- 0.75/10
One of these men got no entrance at all the other one got to sing for his entrance. No extra points for guessing who won the match.

RENEE YOUNG INTERVIEWS SUMMER RAE- AWESOME!
Summer Rae's promo was awesome by itself, but the reason that the "awesome" is in capital letters is because of this exchange:
Summer Rae: And do you know why the fans will go home happy?
Renee: Because of your outfit?
Summer (annoyed): That question was rhetorical.

SAMI ZAYN vs. EL LOCAL- squash

BO DALLAS MAKES AN ANNOUNCEMENT- Bo announces some sort of "Bo Dallas Invitational" and by the time I started typing this, I totally forgot what the rules are... but apparently Sami Zayn won't be eligible because Bo says so. I HATE YOU, BO!

BRAD MADDOX IN HIS OFFICE- KASSIUS OHNO SHOWS UP!
Brad Maddox calls Ohno a "D+." Ohno threaten to ruin the show, so Maddox gives him a match next week again one of the Wyatts.

TRIPLE H MAKES AN ANNOUNCEMENT- he says he has given Dusty "some time off" and introduces the new interimGM of NXT... JBL! JBL then cuts a good heel promo on Dusty. He also tells a fan "Excuse me, but this isn't Sing-along with the Wrestling God, so shut your mouth!" I cannot wait for next week's show!
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3