BRM Reviews the 8/28/2013 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 8/28/2013 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 2nd, '13, 18:22

THE ASCENSION BEAT UP COREY GRAVES – GREAT! Not only are the Ascension finally doing something after two incarnations and two years of squash matches, but they jumped Graves from behind, which will hopefully cut down on the pop they get for having such a cool entrance.

TYLER BREEZE vs. C.J. PARKER- 2/10
Tyler Breeze gets the win after hitting CJ Parker with his CELL PHONE. A brand news 2013 cell phone. That was stupid.

EMMA PROMO- was okay until the end, when she called Renee Young a “silly rabbit” (while seeming completely ignorant of Trix) for not knowing that “Dance Dance Emmalutioin” is a thing.

SUMMER RAE vs. EMMA- 4/10
Apparently I, too, am a silly rabbit for not knowing that this was a thing, but I am officially an Emmacrat.
I love the look of total disgust of Summer Rae’s face when she has to walk through the field of bubbles left over from Emma’s entrance. Summer Rae is going tom be a HUGE star in WWE.
Emma doing the tarantula (one of her own signature moves, under the name “dilemma”) got “ECW!” chants. Really NXT crowd? Really?
The match was short but fun. These two have good chemistry and I’d love to see what they could do with more time.

THAT F*CKING BITCH Summer Rae just jumped Emma from behind and poured bubble fluid into her her eyes! I HATE SUMMER RAE SO MUCH!

BACKSTAGE SEGMENT WITH THE DAWSON, LEFORT, AMORE, & CASSIDY- AWESOME! These guys are so much fun!

SASHA BANKS & SUMMER RAE BACKSTAGE- FANTASTIC! Summer Rae is a going to be a star, and I love the fact that she is influencing the Divas division down in NXT in some ways more than Paige is. This segment did a good job of setting the seeds to turn Sasha heel and make her Summer Rae’s lackey so that the babyfaces have someone to beat up while Summer Rae gets to escape with her heat (and, of course, Sasha can finally get fed up with it and turn babyface… if Summer Rae stays down in NXT long enough).

ENZO AMORE (w/Colin Cassidy) vs. SCOTT DAWSON (w/Sylvester Lefort)- 2.25/10

Alexander Rusev randomly attacks Colin Cassidy on the outside. Umm… okay…

SEGMENT WITH SAMI ZAYN, BO DALLAS & THE REAL AMERICANS- great stuff. I would have enjoyed this a lot more if Bo hadn’t been involved in it, but at least this seems to be leading towards Zayn beating Bo for the NXT Title.

ADRIAN NEVILLE vs. CONNOR O’BRIEN (w/Rick Victor)- 5.5/10
A good “power vs. speed” match, but not close to main event quality. I also thought it was a very bad idea to but Neville over here, especially without a roll-up. The feud has barely started and already the babyfaces are beating the heels so easily? Why not give Ascension a tainted win to set up for a title shot?

AFTERMATH- the Ascension beat Neville up after the match. Graves tries to make the save, but he gets beaten up, too.

Overall, an okay show from NXT. In the ring it was pretty bad, but it had some awesome segments on it.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: BRM Reviews the 8/28/2013 NXT

Post by cero2k » Sep 2nd, '13, 19:02

Big Red Machine wrote: ADRIAN NEVILLE vs. CONNOR O’BRIEN (w/Rick Victor)- 5.5/10
A good “power vs. speed” match, but not close to main event quality. I also thought it was a very bad idea to but Neville over here, especially without a roll-up. The feud has barely started and already the babyfaces are beating the heels so easily? Why not give Ascension a tainted win to set up for a title shot?
that would be really anti-climatic for O'Brien, maybe Rick Victor, but not O' Brien. I just don't see a team like The Ascension doing roll ups at this stage (or pretty much any stage) of their career. It would be like Lord Of Darkness Undertaker winning with roll ups. just plain weird

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 2nd, '13, 19:27

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: ADRIAN NEVILLE vs. CONNOR O’BRIEN (w/Rick Victor)- 5.5/10
that would be really anti-climatic for O'Brien, maybe Rick Victor, but not O' Brien. I just don't see a team like The Ascension doing roll ups at this stage (or pretty much any stage) of their career. It would be like Lord Of Darkness Undertaker winning with roll ups. just plain weird
Oh no. I was saying that if Neville is going to win (and he shouldn't have) it probably should have been by roll-up.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 2nd, '13, 22:49

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote: that would be really anti-climatic for O'Brien, maybe Rick Victor, but not O' Brien. I just don't see a team like The Ascension doing roll ups at this stage (or pretty much any stage) of their career. It would be like Lord Of Darkness Undertaker winning with roll ups. just plain weird
Oh no. I was saying that if Neville is going to win (and he shouldn't have) it probably should have been by roll-up.
ohh ok, i thought you meant for O'Brien to go over with a dirty finish. or even have Graves come out before the pin to create some distraction that actually allows PAC to get the upper hand or something