BRM Reviews the 8/14/2013 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 8/14/2013 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 27th, '13, 22:06

PAUL HEYMAN PROMO- Heyman has come to NXT to start scouting a new Paul Heyman Guy. PERFECT!
Heyman then cut an awesome heel promo saying that Curtis Axel wouldn’t defend the IC Title tonight… then Big E. Langston showed up! Axel also does some good heel stuff, then we got…

WWE INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE MATCH: Curtis Axel(c) (w/Paul Heyman) vs. Big E. Langston- 5.75/10
Well… we knew it wasn’t going to end clean, but I hoped we would at least get a cheating finish, rather than the blatant DQ. Big E. lays Axel out at the end of the segment anyway. Maybe they’ll make something of this in later weeks, but I doubt it.

William Regal pointed out that if you combined Paul Heyman and Big E. Langston’s hair, you would have one complete head of hair. AWESOME!

SAMI ZAYN PROMO- AWESOME!
Also, Sami Zayn is a snazzy dresser. El Generico was not. Therefore they cannot possibly be the same person.

MASON RYAN vs. SCOTT DAWSON (w/Sylvester Lefort)- squash
Mason Ryan is UNBEATABLE!

Apparently Summer Rae injured Emma after the dace-off last week and is now getting her title shot. BOO! I hope Paige kicks her ass!
NXT WOMEN’S TITLE MATCH: Paige(c) vs. Summer Rae- 4.5/10
F*ck Fandango. Summer Rae deserves a push a lot more than he does. She is an AWESOME heel. Also, she’s really hot, but mostly an AWESOME heel.

AJ & BAILEY SEGMENT- yeah… this Bailey chick pisses me off. Is her gimmick that she is a nervous thirteen year old boy talking to a hot chick? Because that what she comes across as. I would much rather see the AJ vs. AJ’s Mom match that AJ teased.

EMMA BEATS UP SUMMER RAE DURING THE COMMERCIAL- Hooray! Long live the Emmalution!

THE SHIELD vs. XAVIER WOODS, ADRIAN NEVILLE, & COREY GRAVES- 7.25/10

CESARO ACCEPTS SAMI ZAYN’S CHALLENGE- great promo! I wasn’t too fond of Sami jumping him at the end, but hearing Cesaro shout “ZAYN!” in primal rage was totally worth it!

A very good episode of NXT.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: BRM Reviews the 8/14/2013 NXT

Post by cero2k » Aug 27th, '13, 23:23

Big Red Machine wrote:
AJ & BAILEY SEGMENT- yeah… this Bailey chick pisses me off. Is her gimmick that she is a nervous thirteen year old boy talking to a hot chick? Because that what she comes across as. I would much rather see the AJ vs. AJ’s Mom match that AJ teased.
noooo! she's a wrestling fan girl! don't you remember how she was marking out with Ric Flair? I also loved how they executed this segment, a cool reason to get Bailey a title shot and a match with AJ, and then a great reason to have AJ legit pissed at the lovable Bailey

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 27th, '13, 23:27

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
noooo! she's a wrestling fan girl! don't you remember how she was marking out with Ric Flair? I also loved how they executed this segment, a cool reason to get Bailey a title shot and a match with AJ, and then a great reason to have AJ legit pissed at the lovable Bailey
She's just a mentally damaged version of 2010 AJ.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 27th, '13, 23:35

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
I took it as a non-sexual version of Mickie James :P

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 28th, '13, 00:53

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote: noooo! she's a wrestling fan girl! don't you remember how she was marking out with Ric Flair? I also loved how they executed this segment, a cool reason to get Bailey a title shot and a match with AJ, and then a great reason to have AJ legit pissed at the lovable Bailey
Not at all. Even without the sexual obsession, Mickie had a real psycho vibe. This chick isn't even close to that.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 28th, '13, 10:33

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: She's just a mentally damaged version of 2010 AJ.
Not at all. Even without the sexual obsession, Mickie had a real psycho vibe. This chick isn't even close to that.
so Eva Mendez' debut with Beth Phoenix? I don't know, i just see her as a huge wrestling fan that has a bunch of idols. actually, this is a non-mentally disabled Eugene :-?