BRM Reviews the 7/31/2013 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 7/31/2013 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 26th, '13, 08:22

OEPNING SEGMENT- Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady want to have a dance party so Tons of Funk come out. The heel don’t like this so they try to run away but Mason Ryan forces them back into the ring where Tons of Funk squash and Mason Ryan destroy them, then dance. This was pointless.

DUSTY & THE DIVAS BACKSTAGE- Dusty puts over Paige and Emma. Summer Rae interrupts and says that she deserves to be champion because she has previously beaten Paige. Paige threatens to “destroy” Summer Rae’s face, so Summer Rae instead turns her attention to Emma. Summer Rae winds up challenging Emma to a dance contest. Dusty calls this idea “the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard,” but then proceeds to book it anyway. Then we got a bit more banter. The writing here was pretty terrible, but all three characters (well, four, if you count Dusty) made it work.

CHARLOTTE vs. SASHA BANKS- 3/10
Yeah, they really should have picked a different name for Flair’s daughter. Every time the ring announcer says “hailing from Charlotte, North Carolina... CHARLOTTE!” it just sounds goofy.

RENEE YOUNG INTERVIEWS TYLER BREEZE- eh.
This dragged on for way too long. The only thing close to entertaining about this was one of the wrestlers walking up in the background and doing some goofy “guy trying to in the camera shot on the news” antics.

WYATT FAMILY VIDEO PACKAGE- awesome and creepy.

AIDEN ENGLISH & MICKIE KEEGAN vs. THE WYATT FAMILY (w/Bray Wyatt)- Squash.
After the match, Bray Wyatt cut an awesome promo. The crowd is WAY too behind the Wyatt Family. Bray said he was going to “bring down the machine” and the crowd started chanting “BRING IT DOWN!” I guess it works perfectly with his cult leader gimmick, though. Apparently this is their last show on NXT, so we got some “thank you Bray” chants.

ADRIAN NEVILLE & COREY GRAVES BACKSTAGE- eh.
I’m not really sure what the point of this was.

SCOTT DAWSON (w/Sylverster Lefort) vs. COREY GRAVES (w/Adrian Neville)- No rating... for now
Dawson lost way too quickly for someone who is supposed to be a top contender for the tag titles, but if it leads to Lefort dumping Dawson and Dylan for a bigger, heel team, it will be good in the long run.
After the match, the Shield show up and cut promos on Graves and Neville. Ambrose was great. Rollins seems to have reverted back to his old struggling on the mic (see most Tyler Black promos from 2008). Shield challenged them to a match, so Neville said he wanted it to be a US Title match and wanted it to be right now. Ambrose wants to do it next week instead.

BO DALLAS & SAMI ZAYN vs. LEO KRUGER & ANTONIO CESARO- 6.75/10
Bo is getting cheered? I don't believe this. It must be being piped in.
Ahh... there are those "NO MORE BO!" chants which I love so much.
At one point early on, Bo stuck his hand out for a tag, and the whole arena started chanting "NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!"

I have to admit, that Bo did a pretty decent job here after getting the hot tag. I still think he is WAY overrated, though. Hopefully Kruger pinning him tonight (with a super-lame looking finisher) will lead to Kruger taking the titles off of him.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: BRM Reviews the 7/31/2013 NXT

Post by cero2k » Aug 26th, '13, 09:12

Bo will eventually have such a beautiful heel turn if they capitalize on all that hate.

you gotta catch up Red, i need to discuss current nxt events with someone!

Big Red Machine

Re: BRM Reviews the 7/31/2013 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 26th, '13, 09:15

cero2k wrote:Bo will eventually have such a beautiful heel turn if they capitalize on all that hate.

you gotta catch up Red, i need to discuss current nxt events with someone!
Okay. I'll start watching now.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3