BRM Reviews the 12/12/2018 NXT (great!)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 12/12/2018 NXT (great!)

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 12th, '18, 22:21

UNDISPUTED ERA PROMO- good
Cole did pretty much all of the talking

EC III vs. BOBBY FISH (w/Undisputed Era)- 6/10
Fish went after EC III’s injured leg. Undisputed Era tried to interfere but EC III fought them off and got a win via small package.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- good
Undisputed Era attacked EC III after the match but Heavy Machinery came out to make the save. They hit O’Reilly with their finisher, then Otis Dozovic hit Kyle with The Worm (but without the goofy jumping around first. He just did the goofy move).

DAKOTA KAI & IO SHIRAI PRESS CONFERENCE-fine
They want a tag team match against Jessamyn Duke & Marina Shafir next week.

They showed us an angle from a house show where The Mighty attacked Burch & Lorcan from behind after a match. These two teams are wrestling next. This was good, although them showing this to us this week instead of last week when the angle happened “two weeks ago” was a little odd.

DANNY BURCH & ONEY LORCAN vs. THE MIGHTY- 7/10
An intense tag team brawl!

The Aleister Black vs. Johnny Gargano cage match will take place next week!

JOHNNY GARGANO PROMO- awesome

DIJAKOVIC VIDEO PACKAGE- Odd. Now he’s talking about a “we” and doing things for “them.” Also, he’ll be here next week.

CATHY KELLEY INTERVIEWS THE THREE HORSEWOMEN- Baszler was good, but even better were Duke and Shafir, who responded to Cathy asking them for comment about Dakota & Io’s challenge by laughing uproariously.

Lacey Evans defeated Xi Lia to qualify for the #1 contendership match two weeks from now.

#1 CONTENDERSHIP QUALIFIER: Mia Yim vs. Reina Gonzalez- 6.25/10
Has Reina ever even won a match in NXT?
They had a good big-woman vs. small-woman match. I really enjoy Gonzalez’s work in the ring. The “female Stan Hansen” thing definitely fits her. Mia won with Eat Defeat, which is a move that no one should use because it looks so dumb.

ALEISTER BLACK PROMO- good build to next week’s cage match against Johnny Gargano.

NXT NORTH AMERICAN TITLE MATCH: Ricochet(c) vs. Tyler Breeze- 8/10
TYLER BREEZE IS BACK HOME! Please tell us he can stay, Papa Paul. Please?
Breeze got a great pop, and was definitely a big enough surprise to warrant the two weeks of secrecy in their hyping of this match.

A great episode of NXT. It both delivered the goods this week and got me extremely excited for next week’s show. That cage match and the Io/Dakota vs. Horsemen tag is an exciting one-two punch, plus Dijak should have a fun squash. Why can’t regular NXT be the one to put out two shows a week instead of NXT UK?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: BRM Reviews the 12/12/2018 NXT (great!)

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 13th, '18, 21:15

Burch and Lorcan...amazing-two bald white dudes...

I'm pretty sure that's racist actually.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 14th, '18, 09:58

Only watched Tyler Breeze's entrance, and for a second, it reminded me why i used to like NXT and considered starting to watch it again, and then commentary started talking and all was lost. so much wasted potential with Breeze

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 14th, '18, 10:10

cero2k wrote: Dec 14th, '18, 09:58 Only watched Tyler Breeze's entrance, and for a second, it reminded me why i used to like NXT and considered starting to watch it again, and then commentary started talking and all was lost. so much wasted potential with Breeze
The commentary turned you off? Really? I think they're the best trio the company has (with Nigel, Percy, and Vic Joseph on 205 Live coming in second).

But yeah. Breeze is one of those sad what-ifs. It's one of those eye-opening reminders of exactly how limited Vince's vision is. All of the Vince-supporter fanboys have always loved to say that indy guys would never get over because they spent all match doing their flips and/or holds but had no "character." Well Tyler Breeze was a f*cking CHARACTER. And Vince still never gave him a chance because he was "too small."
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 14th, '18, 10:39

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 14th, '18, 10:10
cero2k wrote: Dec 14th, '18, 09:58 Only watched Tyler Breeze's entrance, and for a second, it reminded me why i used to like NXT and considered starting to watch it again, and then commentary started talking and all was lost. so much wasted potential with Breeze
The commentary turned you off? Really? I think they're the best trio the company has (with Nigel, Percy, and Vic Joseph on 205 Live coming in second).

But yeah. Breeze is one of those sad what-ifs. It's one of those eye-opening reminders of exactly how limited Vince's vision is. All of the Vince-supporter fanboys have always loved to say that indy guys would never get over because they spent all match doing their flips and/or holds but had no "character." Well Tyler Breeze was a f*cking CHARACTER. And Vince still never gave him a chance because he was "too small."
I'm the one person in the world that can't stand WWE Mauro. It's just the verbiage that I can't take, no matter the show, it always sounds so fake to me.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 14th, '18, 14:09

cero2k wrote: Dec 14th, '18, 10:39

I'm the one person in the world that can't stand WWE Mauro. It's just the verbiage that I can't take, no matter the show, it always sounds so fake to me.
I've been saying that. He's impossible. Too many slogans, pop culture references, the volume of the over top style...the whole nine yards.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 14th, '18, 16:40

Furthermore...too many metaphors, too many similes, and then it's even worse when the too many metaphors, too many similes, get mixed in with the pop culture references from today's latest trends...like when he compares Kairi Sane to the latest shit Kanye West song or skmetjing...

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 14th, '18, 19:04

Yeah. Without Rinallo I'd say they obviously are. Joseph instead and you've got the best team. He's like a more realistic version of Cole.