BRM Reviews wXw We Love Wrestling #28

NJPW, RevPro, CMLL, DDT, etc
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews wXw We Love Wrestling #28

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 18th, '22, 22:48

wXw We Love Wrestling #28 (3/6/2022)- Oberhausen, Germany
The broadcast date for this show is 3/15/2022, but they are acknowledging it as taking place between nights two or three of 16 Carat Gold.

TRISTAN ARCHER’S INTERVIEW IS INTERRUPTED BY FUMINORI ABE- snore
Abe wants a title shot. He’ll get one because Director of Sport Francis Kaspin wants our new champion to defend his title right away, even though Abe hasn’t done anything to earn a title shot. The wrestlers are willing to go right now, but Kaspin says they should wait for the main event because “this match is money.” How is waiting until the main event going to make you any more money on this show? If this match was really money, shouldn’t you book a return date for Abe next month, and do this match then, when you’ve had a month to advertise it?
Archer cut a promo on Abe in which he mostly just recited his catchphrase.

JURN SIMMONS & LEVANIEL vs. GULYAS TESTVEREK (Gulyas Vilmos & Gulyas Osci)- 4/10
Levaniel cut a promo before the match, thanking the fans for supporting him last night, and assuring them that despite he and Jurn having been opponents last night, they will be on the same page tonight.
The babyfaces won a short match cleanly. They had no issues working together.

ORSI vs. AVA EVERETT- 4/10
Everett won cleanly. I’d like to have seen her win more dominantly if Orsi isn’t going to be a regular (and the division certainly needs more regulars right now).

EARLIER TODAY, DAN’S INTERVIEW WITH THE ROTATION, OSKAR MUNCHOW, FEYYAZ AGUILA, & ANIL MARIK WAS INTERRUPTED BY AVALANCHE- great
Anil had wanted to wrestle in the next match to get revenge on Baby Allison, Vincent Heisenberg, & Maggot, but he’s injured, so The Rotation, one of the coaches at the wXw Wrestling Academy, has replaced him with Feyyaz Aguila (who was attacked by the heels in question a few months ago during their feud with Aigle Blanc & Senza Volto).
Head Trainer Avalanche showed up and asked why this match is happening. He asks Anil if embarrassing him and the wXw Wrestling Academy with his actions in the Kafigschlacht in January wasn’t enough. Avalanche was an excellent jerk here, responding to their idealistic “everyone wants the chance to wrestle at 16 Carat Gold weekend” with “not everyone should be allowed to wrestle at 16 Carat Gold weekend.” Avalanche says that he doesn’t approve of this match, but it’s already booked so he can’t stop it, so he warns them that they had better not lose and tarnish the wXw Wrestling Academy’s reputation even further than Anil’s actions already have tarnished it.
OSKAR MUNCHOW, THE ROTATION & FEYYAZ AGUILA vs. VINCENT HEISENBERG, BABY ALLISON & MAGGOT- 4.25/10
Stuff happened. The heels won with a double-team submission in which Allison locked in a Last Chancery kind of move and Maggot added extra leverage by lifting her up, making Feyyaz tap out.

wXw SHOTGUN TITLE MATCH: Ninja Mack(c) vs. Tamas Szabo- 6/10
The action was good for the time this got, but it’s really hard for me to care about these random title matches with people who have done nothing to earn the shot.

MICHAEL SCHENKENBERG, NORMAN HARRAS, VAUGHN VERTIGO, & PSYCHO MIKE vs. NIKITA CHARISMA, LAURANCE ROMAN, SEBASTIEN SUAVE, & DENNIS “CASH” DULLNIG-DUD!
This is the sort of match that bugs me, because I don’t understand why the office would have booked this random match with Rott & Flott and Harras/Roman on opposite sides. The office has issues with both Rott & Flott and Harras, so I suppose you could say it’s the office trolling them- and, now that I think about it, that definitely seems like something Francis Kaspin would do- but I still think it would be best to not have the office engage in such tactics.
This was a bunch of comedy that didn’t land for me. It’s not the outlandish stuff I hate from PWG where it’s guy just doing wacky stuff just to do wacky stuff, because everything here fit into people’s characters, it was just all stupid.

DAN INTERVIEWS IVA KOLASKY- bad
I’ve said this for a while and this promo felt like proof of it. Some people’s English (or German) isn’t good enough to where they can speak the language well while also putting the effort into emoting, and the proper solution to that problem when you’re putting these shows out on a delay so that you can add subtitles to them, is to just let them speak in their native language, and add subtitles, just like you do when someone speaks German on the English version or visa-versa.
Iva was absolutely terrible here, not sounding at all upset about having lost her championship , even though she was telling us that she was. Then, when she was asked about Orsi’s performance and the new champ needing to cheat to beat her and she got so annoyed that she started yelling Hungarian, it was great! I don’t actually know what she said, but the emotions behind it were clear. It they had just let he speak Hungarian the whole time and subtitled it, this would have been great.

IVA KOLASKY vs. GAYA GLASS- 0.5/10
This was short and beginning was a little rough, but by the end it… well… was enough to not be a DUD. Iva was very aggressive and won cleanly. She kicked at Glass after the match as well.

DAN INTERVIEWS BOBBY GUNNS & MICHAEL KNIGHT- good
They’re a new team, but they’re confident they can win the tag titles. They taunt Rott & Flott a bit, as Rott & Flott were the ones who suggested the tag team gauntlet match that they won to earn this title shot.

wXw WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: Stephanie Maze & Fast Time Moodo(c) vs. Bobby Gunns & Michael Knight- 6.5/10
There was some good action here, but it seemed to come to a premature end when Knight was knocked out by a Fast Time Moodo Pedigree. Bobby Gunns (who was outside selling, so he didn’t know Knight was knocked out) actually broke up the pin after that (after they had stalled quite a bit before going for the pin), but the ref called for the bell anyway, and Andy Jackson did a good job of covering by saying that the referee awarded the champs the match by stoppage.
Everyone was checking on Knight afterwards, including Bobby Gunns, which is interesting because Gunns & knight had been in control until Knight accidentally hit Gunns with a strike intended for Fast Time Moodo, so it’s possible that this could actually force a change away from what might have been the originally planned direction, as it’s hard to have Gunns turn on Knight for accidentally hitting him if he is going to show this much compassion to him here after losing the match even when Gunns was able to break up a pin (but that’s just me speculating. I have no idea what the plan for this pairing was or is).

wXw UNIFIED WORLD WRESTLING TITLE MATCH: Tristan Archer(c) vs. Fuminori Abe- 7/10
Archer wins clean as Abe goes back off to Japan.

TRISTAN ARCHER PROMO- fine
He talks about how happy he was to see the fans disappointment when he pinned Levaniel to win the title.

This was a decent little show from wXw given that they taped about six shows that weekend… but there was also no real reason they had to tape this show that same weekend.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3