BRM Reviews wXw We Love Wrestling #15

NJPW, RevPro, CMLL, DDT, etc
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews wXw We Love Wrestling #15

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 5th, '21, 22:07

wXw We Love Wrestling #15 (6/11/2021)- Oberhausen, Germany

DENNIS DULLNIG PROMO- good
He seemed to be mocking Hektor Invictus’s promo style while vowing to beat Paris up in Hektor’s name to relieve Hektor’s supposed disappointment in him for losing his wXw Shotgun Title match last week. He was also wearing Hektor’s vest.

DENNIS “CASH” DULLNIG vs. PARIS- no rating, okay segment
Dullnig is doing Hektor’s entrance pose now, too. He dominated Paris for two minutes and had the match won but decided to pose instead of going for a pin, so he got rolled up, giving Paris his first win in wXw.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- decent
Dullnig is on the verge of losing it. He pushed Dan the interviewer away, then shouted about how Hektor will be unhappy about this shameful defeat.

DAN INTERVIEWS THE ARROWS OF HUNGARY- good
They’re getting frustrated with their failures but vow to one day become the wXw World Tag Team Champions. Dan tried to tell them that they deserve it but was shouted down with “no! We will work for it and earn it!” That made me smile.
They said they would beat Rott & Flott because they have been a team for much longer. Dover said he has an idea.

ARROWS OF HUNGARY vs. ROTT & FLOTT- 6.5/10
Good back and forth stuff leading into a heel turn at the finish for the Arrows of Hungary when Dover used one of their scary entrance masks with the horns on it as a weapon. Icarus appeared to not know that this happened, but I think he’s playing dumb for the cameras because he was the one who had the referee’s attention at the time. This is the beginning of a much-needed turn, as I think Rott & Flott were arguably the top heels in the division, and they’re nobodies. This dirty loss will feed Rott & Flott’s claim that management have it out for them.

THE ARROWS OF HUNGARY TRY TO AVOID DAN THE INTERVIEWER, BUT ARE CONFRONTED BY AVALANCHE INSTEAD- bad due to a language issue
Avalanche gave them a long speech trying to tell them that cheating is not the way, but his command of negatives in English was not good enough so when he was trying to talk them up he kept saying the opposite of what he meant. His big finish was to tell them that they haven’t won the titles because they don’t have the killer instinct, but that just doesn’t ring true to me. I have never looked at the Arrows of Hungary and thought “these guys don’t have the killer instinct that you need to succeed in wrestling.” They wrestle like hard-nosed badasses.

DAN INTERVIEWS IVA KOLASKY- meh
Speaking of people whose English isn’t so good, Iva Kolasky felt like she had memorized a script for “how to cut a promo like a generic, humble young babyface,” and even then she still screwed some words up. The fact that she screwed some of the words up is the only way I am able to discount the possibility that she isn’t a robot trying to infiltrate us humans. wXw really needs to let these people talk in their native languages and just subtitle it so that they can speak with the necessary emotion. I’m sure the Arrows of Hungary would have been more than glad to translate her Hungarian into English for the titles, and someone else could translate it from that English into German for the subtitles in the German version.

TAYRA GATES vs. IVA KOLASKY- 2.5/10
This was one of those matches where they were going step too slow for things to look good. Not good.

LEVANIEL PROMO- fine
He definitely feels like an undercard act… and there’s nothing wrong with that, so long as you don’t push him any higher than that.

LEVANIEL vs. VINCENT HEISENBERG (w/Baby Allison & Maggot)- 4.75/10
This was great for what it was, which was a fiery and popular but ultimately expendable going up against the big, scary heel monster. Levaniel showed a lot more fire than I was expecting to see based on his earlier promo, and young Heisenberg was excellent in his role. I really hope that Baby Allison grabbing Levaniel’s leg to distract him to set up the big boot was meant as a way to set up a rematch so that I can see these two wrestle each other again.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- GREAT!
The heels went to injure Levaniel with weapons but Senza Volto and Aigle Blanc made the save, getting the chair away from Heisenberg. Maggot metaphorically hid behind his injury while Allison literally hid behind Maggot.
In the only flaw in this, Heisenberg came back and had to catch and hold a chair up in front of his face to be taken out by a Van Daminator in a way that… well… looked like he was trying to set himself up to get hit by a Van Daminator. Senza got right up in Maggot and Allison’s faces and said that he and Aigle Blanc are honorable men and won’t hurt Maggot while he is injured, but they are counting the days until he’ll be healthy, and when “you’re clear, we’ll be here!” Tremendous babyface stuff. Avalanche is the top babyface right now, but if not for Avalanche’s tenure with the company, Senza would be giving him quite the run for his money.

IN DIE RAUCHERLOUNGE WITH BOBBY GUNNS & PRINCE AHURA EARLIER TODAY- fine
Ahura is confident about his ability to defeat The Rotation. Bobby Gunns, the “King of Smoke Style” is not smoking, and says that they need to get serious.
Then NORMAN HARRAS RETURNED! He’s dressed like a high-schooler instead of his usual slick clothes, and looks like he hasn’t slept in a long time. He gets yelled at for disappearing but he notes that Bobby Gunns also disappeared after losing his title and then losing the rematch. Norman wants a rematch with Prince Ahura, claiming that Ahura “cheated” in their Shotgun Title match. Ahura did nothing of the sort. He did arguably wage something of a psychological warfare campaign by anonymously harassing Norman (pun not intended), but the only reason that worked was that Norman, in his arrogance, refused to let Andy Jackson tell him who his next opponent would be.
The off-screen interviewer tells Norman that the Shotgun Title doesn’t have an automatic rematch clause like the Unified World Wrestling Title does. They argued, and Ahura made fun of Norman’s poor appearance. Norman walked out.

DAN INTERVIEWS TEAM wXw WRESTLING ACADEMY- fine
He asks for comment on last week’s “miscommunication” in the main event. They say they’ve talked it out and it’s all water under the bridge. Avalanche noted that when he realized he wouldn’t be able to use the counter he wanted, he decided to tap out rather than risk suffering serious damage to his ankle, which was a callback to a segment last year where young, idealistic but arrogant Anil questioned Avalanche’s heart when Avalanche had made the same decision (in the same hold, against the same guy), which led to Avalanche scolding him and challenging him to a match where he destroyed Anil, and Anil’s reaction to this loss- returning to the dojo, hat in hand, was the beginning of them becoming mentor and protégé rather than just teacher and student.
Dan then asked Avalanche about his scolding the Arrows of Hungary earlier, and he explained what he was trying to say earlier, but in a much calmer way.

PETER TIHANYI & THE ROTATION vs. TEAM wXw WRESTLING ACADEMY (“The Avalanche” Robert Dreissker & Anil Marik)- 6/10
Did I miss something where The Rotation’s Shotgun Title shot was rescheduled, or is the title not being defended every week anymore?
Avalanche & Anil worked perfectly together and won clean when Avalanche pinned Tihanyi.

ANDY JACKSON INTERVIEWS TRISTAN ARCHER- meh

DAN INTERVIEWS MICHAEL KNIGHT- meh
Well…someone’s not telling the truth. Archer said he hadn’t wrested Knight before but Knight says they have wrestled each other in Belgium. Knight was also asked about there being a lot of positive response to him on social media from the fanbase. That caught me by surprise. I rarely use Facebook and don’t do any of the other social media so I don’t know if this is true or not, but if it is true, I don’t understand why people would react so positively to Knight that it was worth mentioning as opposed to a lot of the other relative newcomers we’ve seen over the past year (Senza Volto, Aigle Blanc, Stephanie Maze, Fast Time Moodo, Peter Tihanyi) or a newly turned and much improved babyface like Levaniel.
Knight says he wants a big win over the #1 contender tonight to insert himself into the title picture.

MICHAEL KNIGHT vs. TRISTAN ARCHER- 6.75/10
This was a solid match, which Archer won clean, but it didn’t feel like a main event at all.

ANDY JACKSON INTERVIEWS TRISTAN ARCHER- meh
Some build for his wXw Unified World Wrestling Title shot.

This was a very meh show from wXw. The Arrows of Hungary heel turn was good and the Team France/Maggot’s group stuff was excellent, but everything else was “meh” at best. The wrestling in particular was quite weak on this show. It feels like we’re right back to it being a rarity for matches to go more than ten minutes on this show.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3