AAA Triplemania XXVI Review

NJPW, RevPro, CMLL, DDT, etc
DHRainmaker

AAA Triplemania XXVI Review

Post by DHRainmaker » Aug 28th, '18, 22:18

Quick dissclaimer: I can't find the Spanish commentary so I will be reviewing the English commentary and I hate Matt Striker so I may randomly rant about Striker and Vampiro during this review
AAA Triplemania XXVI Review:
Llava A La Gloria Match Dragon Bane, Astrolux and Freelance vs Draztick Boy, Latigo and Aramis: ***1/2 This was essentially 6 guys who had never been in AAA before being given a chance to showcase themselves and boy did they deliver. This was just 8 minutes of non stop action and while maybe they can't do as well in a long match I'd love to see more of these guys going forward

Tribute to Villano III: I didn't understand a word of it but Villano III was a legend and I have no issue with taking time out of a show to pay tribute to a legend at all.
PS SHUT THE F*CK UP STRIKER WHILE THEY ARE PAYING TRIBUTE TO A LEGEND

AAA Cruiserweight Title 4 Way Match Sammy Guevara vs Australian Suicide (C) vs ACH vs Shane Strickland: *** Also a fun match not as good as the opener but still a fun fast paced match
Post Match: Kevin Kross came out and attacked ACH, Strickland and Guevara then offered Australian Suicide a t-shirt and spot in his group MAD. Also Vampiro needs to stop insulting random people on Twitter for saying he sucks and call the action

4 Way Mixed Tag Team match for the AAA World Mixed Tag Team Titles Nino Hamburguesa and Big Mami (C) vs Dinastia and Lady Maravilla vs Hijo del Vikingo and Vanilla vs Angelikal and La Hiedra: ***1/4 This was all action with tons of flips and dives from everyone with the champs retaining after a side slam from Big Mami and a frog Splash from Nino Hamburguesa

4 Way TLC Match to crown #1 Contenders for the AAA Tag Team Titles Mexablood (Flamita and Bandido) vs Team Impact (DJZ and Andrew Everett) vs Team AAA (Aerostar and Drago) vs Team Elite ( Golden Magic and Laredo Kid): ****1/4 This resembled the old TLC matches from the early 2000's, just an insane all out brawl with crazy moves off of ladders some of which I'd never seen before (which in 2018 I didn't know was possible)

Konnan promo: Konnan cut a promo in spanish I don't know what he said but it lead to a Vampiro vs Konnan match being agreed to where the loser leaves Mexico forever

3 way 9 Man tag Team Match El Nuevo Poder Del Norte (Carta Brava jr, Tito Santana and Mocho Cota Jr) vs Team Elite (El Hijo De LA Park, Taurus and Puma King) vs Team AAA (Pimpinela Escarlata, Mamba and Maximo): ** Nothing special really it had some decent action but adding in the fact that I've seen so many all action matches already tonight and dding in too much comedy with the exoticos for my taste and I thought this was skippable at best

(Sidenote: My god Striker and Vampiro go on so many tangents that have nothing to do with this match they make the WWE announcers look good in comparison)
6 Man Tag Team Lumberjack Match OGT'S (Superfly, Averno and Chessman) vs MAD (Juventud Guerrera, Jack Evans and Teddy Hart): **1/2 Same problems as the last match but adding in the fact I'm also not a fan of Lumberjack matches at all

Street Fight Los Mercenarios (Rey Escorpion, El Texano Jr and La Mascara vs Joe Lider, Pagano and Murder Clown: ****1/4 This was just an all out war! Spanish Fly through a Flaming table, slams to people while they have a light tube down there shirt, superbombs into a shopping cart, Texano whipping people with a bullwhip after he lit it on fire etc. Now I can understand some may not like this style of wrestling and honestly I'm not a big fan of this style but when I only watch it once in a while I love this style

Hair vs Mask Lady Shani vs Faby Apache: 1/2* This just never felt like it got going in fact the stuff between the seconds and referees was more entertaining than the match itself and that is never a good thing
Post match: Faby Apache has her head shaved which looked brutal with all the blood in her hair

4 way match for the AAA Mega Championship Jeff Jarrett(C) vs Fenix vs Rich Swann vs Cage: ***1/4 This was a lot of fun almost entirely due to Fenix, Cage and Swann. I was never a fan of Jarrett to begin with and now in 2018 he is not a guy who should be headlining shows regardless of company anymore. The finish I actually liked in the sense that Jarrett won the belt a month ago by having Konnan dress up like La Parka and pretend to come out and take over officiating after a ref bump only to unmask and help Jarrett beat Dr Wagner now one month later thought they'd try it again only this time it's Dr Wagner dressing as Parka and helping Fenix beat Jarrett in a what goes around comes around type of way
Sidenote: Matt Striker and Vampiro's references to songs and bands I hate that aren't even relevant anymore (Cool and The Gang, Flock Of Seagulls etc) they've been doing all night just make me cringe everytime they say it

The rules of the main event are it starts off as a 4 way cage match, everyone fights to escape, once they escape the cage raises, the last 2 remaining have to face one on one and the loser has to unmask
Poker De Ases 4 Way Steel Cage Match LA Park vs El Hijo Del Fantasma vs Pentagon vs Psycho Clown: ***3/4 I enjoyed this Pentagon and Psycho Clown escaped within the first ten minutes so it came down to LA Park vs Fantasma where they brawled all around ringside, put each other through tables etc and ended with heel referee Tirantes Jr getting mad at Fantasma for hitting him so he fast counted Fantasma even though he'd spent the entire match trying to screw over LA Park I thought the way they did it was well done actually
Post match: El Hijo Del Fantasma unmasks and Dr Wagner Jr challenges LA Park to a Mask vs Hair match at next years Triplemania which LA Park rebuffed. I'd assume this was a tease and he'd accept later if this was any other company but from what little I've seen of Lucha I know they don't always deliver matches after they announce them so I don't know what'll happen here

Overall Rating: 7/10 This show was a mixed bag there was some great wrestling (the 6 man street fight, 4 Way TLC Match and Main event), some good stuff (the opener, Mixed Tag Title match, and Mega Title match) and some bad stuff (Faby Apache vs Lady Shani and the announcing from Striker and Vampiro) but I'd say at least 2 of the matches are worth going out of you way to see (three if you like hardcore deathmatch style) and 3 other matches that were enjoyable as well so I can't give this show a thumbs down just skip the women's match and try to find a Spanish version of the show and it's a good show actually... not great but good

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: AAA Triplemania XXVI Review

Post by cero2k » Aug 28th, '18, 22:36

two things i thought

- Vampiro was soo anoyingly trying to get himself over this whole show that it kinda made Striker slightly better for me since every time Striker tried to go into one of his things, Vampiro just shut him up.

- I wasn't a fan of the main event's post match, it made perfect sense and it had to happened here IMO, but I kinda felt they threw Fantasma's mask to the trash just for this, so I kinda felt bad for Fantasma, not to mention having to put up with Park talking shit to his dad right there.

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Aug 29th, '18, 21:04

Great Review DH! Nice and concise !
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

DHRainmaker

Post by DHRainmaker » Aug 29th, '18, 21:10

NWK2000 wrote: Aug 29th, '18, 21:04 Great Review DH! Nice and concise !
Thank you