cero2k
Site Admin

Cero Live Reviews CMLL Homenaje a Dos Leyendas 2018

Post by cero2k » Mar 19th, '18, 10:38

CMLL Homenaje a Dos Leyendas 2018
March 16, 2018
Arena Mexico, Mexico City, Mexico

Audaz, Flyboy, Star Jr vs Disturbio, Templario, Virus - 6/10
First fall was Star over Virus, second was Disturbio over Starman, and final Audaz over Templario on the third fall. Good opener, Virus was most over, Audaz and Templario best workers.

Dalys, Zeuxis, & Seductora vs Marcela, Princesa Sugehit, & Kaho Kobayashi - 6.5/10
First falls was Seductora over Marcela and Zeuxis over Hako. Second was Dalys submitting Sugehit with a Sharpshooter. Hako was the best seller since she wasn’t really working lucha style, fans around me really felt she was getting her ass kicked. Sugehit was super over and Dalys had a good amount of heat. Dalys’ look is imposing in person. Not that Mexico isn't awesome, but she could really make a name worldwide, it can't be long for her to have a run in Stardom.

Guerra de Dinastias
Dinastia Muñoz (Rush, Mistico, and Dragon Lee) vs Generacion Nueva Dinamita (Mascara Año 2000, Sanson, and Forastero) - 8/10
First fall was short, Mistico and Dragon Lee submitted and pinned Sanson and Forastero respectively. Second fall was long since it went to two straight falls as RUSH defeated Mascara Año 2000. This was arguably the most heated match as RUSH and Mistico are just heat magnets right now, one for a good reason, the other because people reject the Mistico mask, but as a heel, he takes that heat and turns it into power like a smaller version of Ms. Marvel.

It’s around 9:30 now, Arena is more than ¾ full.

Mil Mascaras Ceremony - There was a long dance set by the ring girls, doing dances by continents that Mil has wrestled in. Big ovation for Mascaras. Wearing a beautiful mask in silver, red, and green. Maria Alonso said some words. Mascaras said some words about his history and being grateful about for the Mexican crowd. Put over his teachers, Lutteroth and Paco Alonso. Thanks to everyone. They posed with the plaque. None of the family members made it to the ring, but Cien Caras & La Sombra are in the crowd. I am incredibly surprised that in all these years, Mil Mascaras had not been featured for Homenaje a Dos Leyendas.

Niebla Roja, Matt Taven, and Atlantis vs Ultimo Guerrero, Euforia, and Gran Guerrero - 8/10
Guerrero’s win first fall with a triple submission. Taven and Roja win pins over Euforia and Gran for the second fall. Third fall, while everyone was outside doing dives, Atlantis submitted Ultimo with the Atlantida. Crowd was mostly behind the Guerreros. They were hot for Atlantis vs Ultimo. And at least around my area, a lot of heat towards Niebla Roja.

Campeonato Mundial De Parejas de CMLL
Volador and Valiente vs Rey Bucanero and El Terrible w/ Comandante - 7.5/10
First fall was short, Terrible hit a Styles Clash on Volador, Bucanero a submission on Valiente. Second fall was also somewhat short, Valiente alone submitted Bucanero and pinned terrible. Bucanero was gassed out from the beginning of the fall, he looked in terrible shape. Third fall was the longest, lots of heat on Tirantes for his slow counts, but he created some really good near falls that were not unfortunately about the moves that lead to them. Valiente submits Bucanero and Volador rolls up Terrible for the win. Crowd was hot for Volador vs Terrible.

Mask vs mask
Cuatrero w/Sanson def Angel de Oro w/Niebla Roja - 7/10
First fall was all Cuatrero winning with an upside down bearhug. He dominated all 5 minutes.

Cuatrero then jumped Angel before the second started. Fans are mostly behind the dinamita. Cuatrero once again dominated all fall. Out of nowhere, Angel made a 2 move comeback and submitted Cuatrero with a pendulum swing. Another 5 minute-ish round.

Third fall saw Angel make a good comeback and finally start working over Cuatrero. At this point, most of the arena is behind Cuatrero and Angel is getting heavy booes. There was an early stage dive from Angel onto Cuatrero. Then they started trading near falls, teasing the pendulum swing again and other big moves. There was a botch towards the end when Cuatrero is going to counter a Frankensteiner into a powerbomb, but he lost his balance because of the weight and both men fell forward, they landed ok, but the spot was ruined, I don't think it was the finish since they went on for a few more minutes and they still had the better near falls saved. Finish saw Cuatrero hit a one leg codebreaker and a powerbomb for the pin. Huge pop when he won. Sanson interfered a little in the second fall, but that was about it.

Post-match - Angel de Oro had his parents in the ring for the unmasking. It was weird because he was heavily booed all match and when some people wanted to give him credit, a lot of the arena was still high on Cuatrero, and so Angel cut a promo on the fans saying that he learned from his parents that one must know how to lose and pay, and so he’s gonna pay his debt. Angel unmasked and I can see why they went with him unmasking, he looks really really similar to his brother Roja and may I say it, not an ugly mug on this guy, so I can see them as a good looking tag team going forward. That Angel promo was somewhat passive aggressive, like good babyface fire, but you could tell he was slightly annoyed at the fans.

His name is Miguel Angel Chavez Velazco. From Torreon, Coauhila. 29 yrs old. 12 yrs wrestling. None of the other Dinamitas came out to celebrate, at the end, it was Roja and Angel alone in the ring.

OVERALL THOUGHTS
A good easy to watch show by CMLL, there was A LOT of talent missing from the show, but I can't say that they were really needed as all the important matches had enough talent and big names. The main event wasn't a legendary mask vs mask match as some of the ones we've seen in the previous anniversary shows, but overall a really over match.