Cero Reviews NJPW Best of the Super Jr. 24 Day 13

NJPW, RevPro, CMLL, DDT, etc
cero2k
Site Admin

Cero Reviews NJPW Best of the Super Jr. 24 Day 13

Post by cero2k » Jun 2nd, '17, 19:42

NJPW Best of the Super Jr. 24 Day 13
June 1st, 2017

Suzuki-Gun (Taichi and Taka Michinoku) vs Jyushin "Thunder" Liger and Hirai Kawato - 5/10
You know, after last night's match, they should really keep Suzuki-Gun and Liger apart at least until they can make it a heated match, especially since they're not ignoring what happened last night. This was virtually the same match from day 11 with Dragon Lee and Umino, the only real difference was that Liger kept kicking and slapping Kawato to fire up. But as like that other match, Suzuki-Gun dominated the rookie, Liger had a comeback, but Kawato ended up falling against the heels. It was a fine opener, I enjoy young lions.

Taguchi Japan (Dragon Lee, Ricochet, and Juice Robinson) vs Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI, EVIL, and Himoru Takahashi) - 7/10
Great match, tons of action back and forward. Personally loved Ricochet and SANADA getting it on, and you can never go wrong with Dragon Lee and Takahashi.

At one point, SANADA put Dragon Lee in that package-trap-thing, which Dragon botched, so the camera just had to cut away while SANADA kicked him. Ref also botched the finish calling for a kick out, SANADA just followed with a dragon sleeper for the quick tap out.

Bullet Club (GoD & Bad Luck Fale) vs War Machine & David Finlay - 5.5/10
Pretty much the same thing as yesterday, but the babyfaces had a lot more control during this match. Fale once again defeated Finlay.

Bullet Club (Kenny Omega, Yujiro Takahashi, and Marty Scurll) vs CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Gedo, and Will Ospreay) - 6.5/10
Not sure if I don't pay enough attention, but Marty wearing tights instead of trunks feels new to me. Also similar to the previous match between these guys, but this time the only kept Okada out until he come in to fight Omega, with whom he had a long segment, but no real strong offense. At the end of the match, Yujiro and Scurll took out Gedo while Okada was selling the leg outside. There's been a lot of Okada finding himself in the losing side and with Omega standing tall over him.

BOSJ 24 Block B
Desperado (6) w/Taka Michinoku vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru (6) w/Taichi - 6.5/10
This is a fight that I wanted a lot from Block B. Desperado, chair in hand, Kanemaru, with the whisky bottle. Up until this match I hadn't thought about how these guys decide who to ask to be a second, and if the other feels bad for not being asked.

Match started quite nice inside the ring, clean breaks and all, then Taichi and Taka got involved and things got chaotic. Desperado and Kanemaru started brawling outside, Taichi and Taka started getting in each other's face. Once they made it back inside the ring, they were having a good back and forward match, some cheating here and there. Most interesting thing happened towards the end, when Desperado and Kanemaru are fighting outside. Desperado has a chair and among the chaos (or maybe on purpose) attacks Taichi AND Taka with the chair before hitting Kanemaru. Finished followed when they're both trying to make the 20 count, but Kanemaru pushes Taka on top of Desperado and only Kanemaru makes the ring. Considering the amount of countout teases these last weeks, they should have done this mid-way the tournament for a bigger reaction.

Post-match - They teased Desperado being pissed at the other Suzuki-Gun juniors, but he tags along.

BOSJ 24 Block B
Ryusuke Taguchi (6) vs ACH (6) - 6/10
Right after Taguchi had the match of the tournament last show, we're back to comedy Taguchi. It was a good match and all, but it really bothers me that even if all the block B has the same amount of points, there is no urgency between these two to win the match. Desperado and Kanemaru had that pressure, why can't these two? Anyway, first half of the match was comedy, second half was Taguchi working ACH's leg, ACH working Tauchi's ass and dick. Finish was Taguchi rolling up ACH for the anti-climatic win.

BOSJ 24 Block B
Tiger Mask IV (6) vs BUSHI (6) - 7.5/10
Literally the first move of the match was a tombstone piledriver and a kick out, so i'm just going to assume that Tiger Mask is calling out Taker for a retirement match. This was a straight up wrestled match, not a lot of cheating nor comedy. BUSHI focused on Tiger's leg all match, especially since it SHOULD be weak from Tiger's previous matches that mostly worked the leg. At one point there was a ref bump, in which BUSHI hit a codebreaker into a chair, but because of the ref bump, he didn't get a pin, it did however open up Tiger to be later hit by the MX for the win. I liked this match a lot.

BOSJ 24 Block B
KUSHIDA (6) vs Volador Jr (6) - 8.5/10
Awesome match, where KUSHIDA worked on Volador's arm (which he actually injured since day 1) and Volador using all his aerial offense to fight KUSHIDA and somewhat work his neck. Finish saw KUSHIDA hit Volador with La Mistica and follow up with the KUSHIDA Lock instead, and transition it to the Back to the Future for the win.

Post-match - Will Ospreay comes out, he says that he's happy because last year he lost to KUSHIDA twice, and since KUSHIDA has been losing a lot. So Ospreay says that KUSHIDA need to prove he can get his title back, but Ospreay needs to prove that be can indeed defeat KUSHIDA. Tells KUSHIDA to bring his best because 'it won't be enough', i loved that line. KUSHIDA responded 'Let's go crazy'. Can't freaking wait!

OVERALL THOUGHTS
Not the best Block B show, like I mentioned in the ACH/Taguchi mask, it really bothered me that they didn't show more urgency in the wrestlers to win their matches as they did in Block A. I think there's also the lack of real story since they all had 6 points and you really had to follow the math to get excited about who could win or lose. I would suggest just watching the last two fights, and maybe Desperado/Kanemaru if you like them.