BRM Reviews NJPW G1 Climax 25: Day 12 (Great)

NJPW, RevPro, CMLL, DDT, etc
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews NJPW G1 Climax 25: Day 12 (Great)

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 7th, '15, 17:49

NJPW G1 Climax 25: Day 12 (8/7/2015)- Hamamatsu, Japan

YOHEI KOMATSU vs. JAY WHITE- 4.5/10
A good little six minute match from the young boys.

TETSUYA NAITO & DAVID FINLAY JR. vs. CHAOS (Toru Yano, & YOSHI-HASHI)- 2/10
Boring as hell.

CAPTAIN NEW JAPAN, HIROYOSHI TENZAN, TOGI MAKABE, & KOTA IBUSHI vs. BULLET CLUB (AJ Styles, Bad Luck Fale, Doc Gallows, & Tama Tonga- 6.5/10
Fun.

MASCARA DORADA, HIROSHI TANAHASHI, & KSUHIDA vs. JUSHIN “THUNDER” LIGER, KATSUYORI SHIBATA, & RYUSUKE TAGUCHI- 7.5/10
GREAT match, and it got me totally psyched for Tanahashi vs. Shibata match as well as wanting to see Mascara Dorada take on either of the two junior heavyweights on the opposite side of this match.

G1 CLIMAX 25 BLOCK B MATCH: Yuji Nagata vs. Michael Elgin- 5.75
The fans were very impressed with Elgin’s displays of strength during his stalling suplex. The match… could have been better. If Nagata is working over Elgin’s arm, Elgin probably should have had some more trouble with those power moves.

G1 CLIMAX 25 BLOCK B MATCH: Tomoaki Honma vs. Karl Anderson (w/Tama Tonga)- 6/10
The finish made Honma look like an idiot. I mean more than the average Honma match does.

G1 CLIMAX 25 BLOCK B MATCH: Satoshi Kojima vs. Hirooki Goto- 7.5/10

G1 CLIMAX 25 BLOCK B MATCH: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Yujiro Takahashi (w/Cody Hall)- 7.25/10
Good stuff. Yujiro works over Nakamura’s arm, so Nakamura has to make a comeback using his legs.

G1 CLIMAX 25 BLOCK B MATCH: Kazuchika Okada (w/Gedo) vs. Tomohiro Ishii- 8.5/10
AWESOME match with some great nearfalls and reversals. They also cut the standard dumb Ishii spots down to just one (the one where he backs the other guy across the ring while no-selling forearms to the head), but even that spot was done in such a way as to make it more palatable to me (they did a lot less forearms than usual and Ishii would thrust his head forward so it seemed like he was blocking the forearms with it)

Great show from New Japan, although I thought it was odd that Nakamura vs. Yujiro was the semi-main over Goto vs. Kojima. I know that Nakamura is Nakamura, but he’s only facing Yujiro while Goto the IC Champion, is facing a guy with a much bigger name that Yujiro.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3