ROH Releases Two-Disc “Women of Honor” DVD

STARDOM, Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling, SHINE, etc.
cero2k
Site Admin

ROH Releases Two-Disc “Women of Honor” DVD

Post by cero2k » Nov 10th, '12, 09:20

Source: diva-dirt.com

Ring of Honor have released a new DVD about the Women of Honor.

The two-disc set showcases some of the most notable women’s matches from the promotion’s tenure, featuring the likes of Kharma, Lacey, Daizee Haze, MsChif, Sara Del Rey, Allison Danger, Serena Deeb and more.

Check out the press release and match descriptions below:
Since its inception, Ring of Honor has prided itself on presenting the absolute best in professional wrestling. From Strong Style to Hardcore and everything in-between, ROH has been defined by its stylistic diversity and that includes giving the woman of professional wrestling a platform to present their craft.
The strongest, toughest, most athletic women in the wrestling world have all set foot in Ring of Honor to square off with one another. At times they have even been tested against the opposite sex in some of the most violent matches ROH has seen, but the Women of Honor have always stepped up to the challenge.Now in this 2-Disc collection, you can experience the tenacity of the Women of Honor for yourself as they battle to prove just who is the best. This set includes an astounding 33 matches from Ring of Honor’s video library.

Disc 1

1. Alexis Laree vs. Persephonie… Retribution: Round Robin Challenge II 4/26/03

2. Alexis Laree vs. Sumie Sakai …Wrestlerave ’03 6/28/03

3. Allison Danger vs. Sarah Stock… The Conclusion (On Uncensored DVD) 11/28/03

4. Lacey vs. Daizee Haze vs. Tracy Brooks vs. Allison Danger…3rd Anniversary Celebration Pt. 3 Pre-Show 2/26/05

5. Allison Danger vs. Lacey vs. Daizee Haze vs. Mercedes Martinez… Best In The World 3/25/06

6. MsChif vs. Cheerleader Melissa vs. Allison Danger vs. Daizee Haze vs. Lacey vs. Rain… Supercard Of Honor 3/31/06

7. Allison Danger, Daizee Haze & MsChif vs. Lacey, Rain & Cheerleader Melissa… Better Than Our Best 4/1/06

8. Sara Del Ray vs. Daizee Haze… Destiny 6/3/06

9. Mercedes Martinez vs. Daizee Haze… Honor Reclaims Boston 11/3/06

10. Lacey vs. Nikki Roxx vs. Allison Danger vs. Daizee Haze… Black Friday Fallout 11/24/06

11. Jimmy Jacobs, Brent Albright & Lacey vs. Colt Cabana, BJ Whitmer & Daizee Haze (No DQ Match)…Dedicated 1/26/07

12. Allison Danger & Sara Del Ray vs. Daizee Haze & Alexa Thatcher… Fifth Year Festival: NYC 2/16/07

13. Colt Cabana, BJ Whitmer, & Daizee Haze vs. Adam Pearce, Jimmy Jacobs, & Lacey (Street Fight)…

Fifth Year Festival: Philly 2/17/07

14. Lacey vs. Daizee Haze…Fifth Year Festival: Dayton 2/23/07

15. Sara Del Ray & Allison Danger vs. MsChif & Serena …Fifth Year Festival: Chicago 2/24/07

16. Sara Del Ray & Allison Danger vs. Jetta & Eden Black… Fifth Year Festival: Finale 3/4/07

Disc 2

17. Jimmy Jacobs & Lacey vs. BJ Whitmer & Daizee Haze (Anything Goes Match)… All Star Extravaganza III 3/30/07

18. Lacey & Rain vs. Sara Del Rey & Allison Danger… The Battle Of St. Paul 4/27/07

19. Daizee Haze vs. Nikki Roxx… Reborn Again 5/11/07

20. Sara Del Rey vs. Daizee Haze… Respect Is Earned 5/12/07

21. Lacey & Rain vs Daizee Haze & MsChif…Driven 6/23/07

22. Lacey vs. Daizee Haze…Death Before Dishonor V- Night 1 8/10/07

23. Sara Del Rey vs. Lacey… Death Before Dishonor V- Night 2 8/11/07

24. Amazing Kong & Daizee Haze vs. Lacey & Sara Del Rey… Man Up 9/15/07

25. Lacey vs. Daizee Haze vs. Sara Del Rey ( Three Way Dance)… Rising Above 12/29/07

26. Sara Del Rey vs. Daizee Haze…6th Anniversary Show 2/23/08

27. MsChif vs. Daizee Haze vs. Lacey vs. Ashley Lane ….Return Engagement 4/19/08

28. Sara Del Rey vs. Jennifer Blake…Northern Navigation 7/25/08

29. Daizee Haze vs. Madison Eagles… Driven (2008) 9/19/08

30. Sara Del Rey vs. MsChif… Rising Above 2008 11/22/08

31. Sara Del Ray vs. Amazing Kong… Supercard of Honor V 5/8/10

32. Sara Del Ray & Serena Deeb vs. Amazing Kong & Daizee Haze… Final Battle 2010 12/18/10

33. Daizee Haze & Tomoka Nakagawa vs. Hiroyo Matsumoto & Ayumi Kurihara…Honor Takes Center Stage Chapter 2 4/2/11

yourcrapsweak

Re: ROH Releases Two-Disc “Women of Honor” DVD

Post by yourcrapsweak » Nov 10th, '12, 12:00

It looks like they just put every woman's match ever in ROH on this set... Lol.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 10th, '12, 15:34

yourcrapsweak wrote:It looks like they just put every woman's match ever in ROH on this set... Lol.
Which is pretty much exactly what they did. I LOLed when I saw them advertising it as having an "astounding" 33 matches. They could fit that many matches on because they almost never gave the women more than seven or eight minutes.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 10th, '12, 17:48

yourcrapsweak wrote:It looks like they just put every woman's match ever in ROH on this set... Lol.
this has pretty much been the case of every compilation they've made

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 10th, '12, 21:30

cero2k wrote:
Yup. It really pisses me off.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 11th, '12, 14:47

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote:
i would imagine that being that you've made an effort to buy every show.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 11th, '12, 15:37

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote: this has pretty much been the case of every compilation they've made
i would imagine that being that you've made an effort to buy every show.
It's not that. It is more that the whole concept of a "Best of" DVD is that the matches are actually THE BEST (or at least are awesome). I thought that the Homicide one and the first Davey one they put out was spectacular. Tons of awesome matches that you could definitely say are either Davey's best in ROH or were important to his career (like his debut match or the match against Jack at GBH V)
. I get annoyed when they do something like the Jay Lethal compilation disc two was just every match he had had in ROH since returning, or the WGTT compilation where they just put their first eight matches in the company on the DVD... event the f*cking HDnet squash match against the Bravados!)

In their defense, they have stopped calling them "Best of"s, so I can't fault them for poor match choice. I just don't think that the compilations are a good idea because you want to see the actual shows to get people invested in storylines because that is what creates attachment to the product. I also think is just shows a lack of effort on ROH's part. It makes it feel a lot more like they are trying to put out as many DVDs as possible in the hopes that people will buy them rather than trying to put out a quality DVD.

I think that they have been doing a much better job when they have put out the "themed" DVDs, like the Year One DVD, which just had the absolutely perfect choice of matches to help someone get the feel of the first year of ROH and the Dragon vs. Nigel one looks great. I think they need to continue along these lines and maybe try to do storyline specific DVDs like one chronically the Steen (& Corino) vs. Generico (& Cabana) feud to help build up to Final Battle.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation