Cero Reviews STARDOM 5★STAR Grand Prix 2021, 9.23

STARDOM, Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling, SHINE, etc.
cero2k
Site Admin

Cero Reviews STARDOM 5★STAR Grand Prix 2021, 9.23

Post by cero2k » Sep 26th, '21, 21:10

STARDOM 5★STAR Grand Prix 2021, Day 16
September 23, 2021
Toyoma, Japan

Mayu Iwatani vs. Waka Tsukiyama - 6.5/10
A good opener. Iwatani was a good opponent for Tsukiyama, she dominated, left it open to take Tsukiyama's motorcycle submission and is flexible enough to make it look different from the rest, and then took back the match and won. You don't need anything else.

5STAR Grand Prix 2021 Red Block Match
Saki Kashima [4] vs. Himeka [8] - 6.5/10
Good match, one of the few that allowed Kashima to show off. She worked over Himeka's arm with a bunch of submission, Himeka made a comeback, destroyed Kashima's back, and submitted her with a Argentinean backbreaker.

5STAR Grand Prix 2021 Blue Block Match
Ruaka [0] vs. Utami Hayashishita [8] - 7/10
This may have been Ruaka's best performance, but it literally took Hayashishita to improve them, she's that type of seller and strong enough to push and force Ruaka to bring it. I even considered the heel tricks to be more passable because Ruaka had to show some desperation to take on Hayashishita, Match ended with a Konoritsuri Otoshi from Hayashishita.

5STAR Grand Prix 2021 Red Block Match
Koguma [7] vs. Mina Shirakawa [4] - 5/10
I really didn't like this, the more I see of Koguma's cutesy wrestling, the less I like her, I just want to see her go at high speed, and it's not like I don't like cutesy wrestling, I'm a fan of TJPW, but Koguma's in STARDOM feels off, it be like watching Antonio Honda comedy on NJPW.

Donna del Mondo (Maika, Natsupoi & Syuri) vs. Cosmic Angels (Tam Nakano & Unagi Sayaka) & Lady C - 7/10
Good match, but I felt like the pair ups built to nothing though. Tam paired up with Syuri, Sayaka with Maika, and C with Natsupoi for the finish, but none of those are matches for the 25th, nor beyond, I don't see Syuri or Maika going after their counterparts. The wrestling itself was great, even C got a couple of near falls now that she has had a pin, she can use that move for near falls.

Post-match - There seemed to be a confrontation building, but nothing really came off it. There were some mentions of the trios titles, so we may be looking at a DDM vs Cosmic Angels challenge down the line. Not for Osaka though, since both Tam and Sayaka are both busy that night.

OVERALL THOUGHTS
This show was a hour long, the shortest we had, it felt like this show just existed to get some of the missing matches out of the way before heading into the big Ota Ward final day. This was just worth watching if you were following point count, otherwise, a skippable show.

Red Block
Giulia - 3-0-6 -- 6
Natsupoi - 4-1-3 -- 9
Himeka - 5-0-3 -- 10
Mayu Iwatani - 4-1-3 -- 9
Koguma - 4-1-4 -- 9
Momo Watanabe - 6-0-3 -- 12
Fukigen Death - 4-0-4 -- 8
Starlight Kid - 5-2-2 -- 11
Saki Kashima - 2-0-6 -- 4
Mina Shirakawa - 2-0-6 -- 4

Blue Block