Cero Reviews TJPW Pure Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling 5

STARDOM, Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling, SHINE, etc.
cero2k
Site Admin

Cero Reviews TJPW Pure Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling 5

Post by cero2k » Sep 3rd, '21, 13:42

TJPW Universe Members Show - Pure Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling 5
August 28, 2021
Itabashi Green Hall, Tokyo, Japan

Tonight's show was a bit of a Bizarro world. I'll try to make sense of it.

Opening costume sorting - Tonight's main event is a randomized costume match, with each participant wearing some other roster member's attire. The sorting is random, as we have 5 bags in the ring and each bag has someone's attire and the participants pretty much have to race for which ever they want. We'll get the reveal until the main event.

UpUp Girls Intro - Miyu Yamashita came out with the UUGs. It's not the first time, but it's definitely a bizarro world thing when it happens and we see Yamashita be an idol. Seeing Yamashita try to do the choreography and keep up is the best thing.

Arisu Endo, Haruna Neko, Moka Miyamoto & Suzume vs. Up Up Girls (Hikari Noa, Miu Watanabe & Raku) & Miyu Yamashita - 6.5/10
UUG went to the back, just to come out again from the other side of the venue. Yamashita still played it out like an idol, at least until the other team jumped her and forced her to power up and roar back at them. Match was all over the place, but we did get a really good pair up with Yamashita and Endo, and one with Watanabe and Suzume. At the end, Yamashita got the win over Endo with an AA.

Maki Ito & Yuki Kamifuku vs. Kaya Toribami & Mirai Maiumi - 6.5/10
Maki Itoh and Kamiyu came out to Cruel Angel's Thesis and sang the whole thing while Toribami and Maiumi beat down Kamiyu. Both my heart and brain are melting at the same time!

The match itself was ok, nothing special, Kamiyu still looks awkward at times, but the rest were good. This is one of Maiumi's last matches in the promotion, so it was nice to see her. Itoh submitted Toribami with a Boston Crab.

Hyper Misao & Shin Ultra Shoko vs. BAKURETSU Sisters (Nodoka Tenma & Yuki Aino) - 7/10
In this universe, Tenma and Aino hit their heads and became thugs. Misao was expecting them to be the usual friendly version, but since they turned evil, she asked for help from another dimension, and of course the one to answer was Shin Ultra Shoko!

Match was fun, the Sisters did a lot of spots about them being thugs and using weapons and threatening the citizens around ringside, but at the end, Shoko and Misao got the win over Aino when she hit the Ultra 619 for the win.

Athletic Meet Match
Yuka Sakazaki vs. Nao Kakuta - I don't even know how to rate this.
This wasn't a match, it was a legit 'sporting' 2-out-3 stage competition. Not super athletic, but three legit games that didn't really come off as worked.

First was an obstacle course with dizzy sticks, grabbing a hanging pastry with the mouth, and fetching a candy from a plate of flour, whoever got it first, would do a loop around the ring on the apron, going over the corners. Yuka Sakazaki won this one.

Round two was a Siamese twins race, or is the proper term conjoined twins now? Anyway, it was Suzume and Sakazaki versus Kakuta and Miyamoto. They had to run the ropes 5 times and then run and get a drink from the vending machine outside. They both arrived around the same time, but Kakuta turned in the drink first and she had a better drink anyway. They're 1-1.

Tie breaker was a like a horse fight, but I don't know the name. Sakazaki and Kakuta were carried by a group of three people each and whoever removed their opponent's cap would win. As soon as they started, Kakuta wasn't ready and Sakazaki easily snatched the hat and won.

That was all, it was fun.

Costume Match
Mizuki & Rika Tatsumi vs. Marika Kobashi & Pom Harajuku - 7/10
Pom came out dressed as Miyu Yamashita, which I think is a really good look for her, not to necessarily copy it, but the loose hair and straight wrestling gear looks better than her current look. Marika Kobashi came out as Shoko Nakaijma and she looked great and cute, but Kobashi's normal look is the thing for her. Rika Tatsumi came out as Nodoka Tenma, and she also looked awesome, I love Tatsumi's usual look, gives me some really old school Akira Hokuto era vibes, but I thought that some of the Tenma gear made her look older, taller, and not gonna lie, attractive, I don't think she should necessarily change it all together, but maybe changing the cut of some of her current gear could do the trick. Finally, Mizuki came out as Yuka Sakazaki, her tag team partner, and because I see them together all the time, I wasn't all that surprised, it kinda felt like normal Mizuki.

There wasn't much to the match, the Kobashi and Harajuku is not the strongest of pairings against a team of Mizuki and Tatsumi, so Kobashi had to do a lot of the work. They played around with the moves of their costume counterparts and then went into their own match with their own stuff. At the end, Mizuki got the win with the Cutie Special over Harajuku.

OVERALL THOUGHTS
This wasn't a show that you watch for storylines or workrate, but to have a good time and some happiness, and today September 2, 2021, I really needed a show like this and it worked, you can't watch a TJPW show and not feel good inside.