Cero Reviews TJPW 8th Tokyo Princess Cup 7.24

STARDOM, Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling, SHINE, etc.
cero2k
Site Admin

Cero Reviews TJPW 8th Tokyo Princess Cup 7.24

Post by cero2k » Jul 28th, '21, 21:57

TJPW 8th Tokyo Princess Cup, Day 3
July 24, 2021
Shin-kiba 1st Ring, Tokyo, Japan

Up Up Girls (Hikari Noa & Raku), Pom Harajuku & Suzume vs. Kaya Toribami, Mahiro Kiryu, Maki Ito & Marika Kobashi - 4/10
Ok match, nothing special really, they're building Raku vs Itoh and Kiryu vs Suzume, so they're not exactly hot pair ups. They did some Raku comedy and at the end, she got the win over Kaya with Doctor Yellow.

Hyper Misao vs. Nao Kakuta vs. Arisu Endo - 5/10
This was fun. There did a story of Hyper Misao turning Endo into a superhero so they'd join up against Kakuta, until Misao turned on Endo, rolled her off and got the win. Endo is pretty great for her level of experience.

Moka Miyamoto, Nodoka Tenma & Shoko Nakajima vs. Hakuchumu (Miu Watanabe & Rika Tatsumi) & Yuki Arai - 7.5/10
This was great! It's just a generic undercard multi-person match, but it was 15 minutes of great wrestling, the pair ups just worked out. Nakajima vs Tatsumi was fantastic as expected, it could main event any show in TJPW's calendar. But the pair up that really sealed the deal for me was Miyamoto vs Arai, two of least experienced rookies in the promotion, but they just had a great match with both of them trying to submit each other. Arai came close with a sleeper, but then Miyamoto locked in Rashomon and got the win for her team.

Tomorrow's Kaiju vs White Dragon match is gonna be great!

Tokyo Princess Cup 2021 Second Round Match
Yuki Aino vs. Haruna Neko - 6/10
This may had been Neko's best match I've seen, she's not exactly great and Aino did kinda carry her to a decent match. The one problem I had here was that Neko did get way too much offense, this should had been Aino working on her and Neko having some hope spots. Aino eventually won with a Venus DDT in a really predictable result.

Mizuki vs. Mirai Maiumi - 7.5/10
This was great, a great clash of styles and levels. Mizuki is a high flying speed demon, with way more experience that Mirai, but she is also considerably smaller than Mirai. So a match between a high flying and a brawler eventually came down to a submission match since it was both women's best approach at avoiding the other's proficiency. At the end, experience prevailed and Mizuki got the win with the Cutie Special.

Miyu Yamashita vs. Yuki Kamifuku - 5/10
I was really looking forward to this match, this is something that I would had liked to see as a title match main event one day for a lesser show, I thought that Yamashita could carry Kamiyu into a good match, but this was one the case, at least for this match. What we had instead was Yamashita running over Kamiyu, that's at least how it felt like. Kamiyu did have some offense in and while it was good, it didn't really feel like it turned the tide at any point, and at the end, Yamashita won with a Skull Kick. Not expecting a Kamiyu win here, but a least a more competitive match like Kakuta had in the first day.

It's Yamashita vs Mizuki next!

Post-match - Yamashita cut her winner's promo pretending to put over Kamiyu.

OVERALL THOUGHTS
Best show so far, that 6-person match and Mizuki vs Mirai really pushed this to my 'favorite so far' position, but tomorrow's card looks even better. Like I mentioned, we need to get over the first round rookie bump and then we're getting the best pair ups possible.