Kirbs2002 Reviews SHIMMER 3

STARDOM, Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling, SHINE, etc.
kirbs2002

Kirbs2002 Reviews SHIMMER 3

Post by kirbs2002 » Feb 12th, '11, 22:06

Production value has taken a hit in this one with generic music being played over canned crowd cheering during wrestler entrances/exits. What the devil?!

1. Rain vs. Nikki Roxx. Time of match 9:14. Balanced match that seemed to go pretty quickly. 6.5 out of 10.

2. Amber O'Neal vs. Cindy Rogers vs. Tiana Ringer in a three-way elimination match. Time of match 7:20 Early part of the match was spent with Ringer and O'Neal double teaming Rogers. The match was fast paced and technical with several near falls. 6 out of 10.

3. Lorelei Lee vs. Malia Hosaka. Time of match 11:53. Did I ever mention that Malia Hosaka is an obnoxious, loudmouthed you-know-what? This match seemed rather stiff at times and moved rather deliberately. 6.5 out of 10. After the match Malia Hosaka starts beating donw Lorelei Lee and Lexie Fyfe joins her. Cindy Rogers finally shoos them out of the ring. Malia leaves to the back and a little while after, Lorelei Lee and Cindy Rogers leave together, leading into...

4. Lexie Fyfe vs. MsChif. Time of match 10:35. Mostly consisted of submission holds and dirty tactics by both women. Crucial story-building element at the end of this one. 6.5 out of 10.

Result below.
Hidden text.
Cheerleader Melissa butts in at the end to distract MsChif, allowing Lexie Fyfe to hit the Attitude Adjuster and get the win.
5. Cheerleader Melissa vs. Shantelle Taylor. Time of match 17:40. Amazingly balanced and exciting match. Easily the best one so far. 8 out of 10.

6. Allison Danger vs. Rebecca Knox. Time of match 22:55. Holy S**T! Dirtiest heel action ever with Knox faking a ankle injury which just about everyone thought was legit. Was a clean, well-fought match until that happened, but then turned into a hard-hitting brawl. 8.5 out of 10. (And a best heel action ever nomination to Knox)

7. Sara Del Rey vs. Daizee Haze. Time of match 19:50. Amazing match between these two. Definitely the best one of the night. 9 out of 10.

8. Sara Del Rey makes an okay promo saying that she wants to prove to Mercedes Martinez that she's the number one woman in Shimmer in a rematch with no time limit.

9. Prazak announces that during the main event a rematch was signed between MsChif and Melissa under falls count anywhere rules.

Overall a good show. Better than volume 2 with some amazing matches near the end. The only real knock on this one is mentioned in the intro. I hope that was a one-time thing.
Reality TV is faker than "fake" wrestling!

"The views that I'm about to express are not necessarily those of anyone else but myself, but they ought to be and, in fact, they probably are"

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Kirbs2002 Reviews SHIMMER 3

Post by cero2k » Jun 9th, '12, 14:07

I'm watching this show right now, i lol at the "Pick the Phone" chant when a phone started ringing mid match :P