2 Cents: Jeff Hardy

Get your opinions out
Forum rules
All Topics must start with "2 cents:" continued by the wrestler, event, segment, match being talked about.

example:
2 cents: John Cena
Big Bad Booty Daddy

2 Cents: Jeff Hardy

Post by Big Bad Booty Daddy » Dec 26th, '11, 04:44

Jeff hardy, i just dont get the hype behind him. Why does he get so many title shots??

Also why when he returns to TNA does he always be one of their top stars, when infact i think their are alot more Superstars on their roster who deserve the chances more then Hardy does!!

Your Opinions???

Serujuunin

Re: 2 Cents: Jeff Hardy

Post by Serujuunin » Dec 26th, '11, 08:44

I'm probably going to surprise a lot of people here with what I have to say.

As much as I love him, he needs to call it quits. There are other guys that deserve the spotlight more than he does. He's had his moment, not just in TNA but in the WWE, and there are guys in TNA that have been working their asses off trying to get where he is.

I understand it's what he loves to do, but he doesn't always need to be in the Title picture. I think he is at this point simply because TNA is infatuated with ex-WWE guys. He's not as capable now as he was when he was younger.

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Dec 26th, '11, 08:57

He's a spot monkey who makes girls wet themselves. It's a recipe for success.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 26th, '11, 09:39

yourcrapsweak wrote:He's a spot monkey who makes girls wet themselves. It's a recipe for success.
This.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Bad Booty Daddy

Post by Big Bad Booty Daddy » Dec 26th, '11, 16:26

yourcrapsweak wrote:He's a spot monkey who makes girls wet themselves. It's a recipe for success.

Yeah i see your point dude!! But id say 90% of wrestling fans are male.

But i dont get why hes getting all these top matches. I just dont get it, maybe its just me :D

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 27th, '11, 07:21

Hardy has proven in WWE that he's a main event draw. He's got numbers to back up his spot (Merch Sales, PPV Buys, Ratings), relevant numbers from the last five years. The only other person on the roster that can talk numbers like Hardy would be Angle, and he's always at the top of the card when he's active. RVD and Anderson aren't even in that league, much less the guys who haven't had the kind of opportunity to produce on that scale.

While it sucks for guys like me who tune in to see guys like Chris Daniels, Samoa Joe, Morgan, AJ, and Pope it's in TNA's best interest to feature guys they KNOW can produce revenue.

They're probably also paying him WAAAAAAY too much money to be mid-carding it up with Robbie E.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 27th, '11, 12:10

Bob-O wrote:Hardy has proven in WWE that he's a main event draw. He's got numbers to back up his spot (Merch Sales, PPV Buys, Ratings), relevant numbers from the last five years. The only other person on the roster that can talk numbers like Hardy would be Angle, and he's always at the top of the card when he's active. RVD and Anderson aren't even in that league, much less the guys who haven't had the kind of opportunity to produce on that scale.

While it sucks for guys like me who tune in to see guys like Chris Daniels, Samoa Joe, Morgan, AJ, and Pope it's in TNA's best interest to feature guys they KNOW can produce revenue.

They're probably also paying him WAAAAAAY too much money to be mid-carding it up with Robbie E.
If someone is such a big draw, though, all they need to do is be on the card. They don't always need to be on top.

And I would argue that RVD is that big a draw.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Bad Booty Daddy

Post by Big Bad Booty Daddy » Dec 27th, '11, 12:31

Bob and BRM very good points.

BUT IMO if you went to a TNA show and asked fans lets say from around 14 onwards who they have come to see AJ STyles or Jeff Hardy i bet 90% would say AJ Styles.

Ok, yes Hardy can put certain bums on seats but as a wrestling fan myself id be like Bob and woud be there to see guys like Daniels, AJ, Storm, Roode ect not Hardy ect.

Ive been watching him recently and i dont even think he is half the wrestler he was when he came to TNA the first time. I find him very boring to watch, the promo's are mediocre and like ive said i dont get why hes such a big hit!!!

Maybe im looking much far into it

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Dec 27th, '11, 13:05

He used to be much more main event worthy than he is now. He needs to retire.

Big Bad Booty Daddy

Post by Big Bad Booty Daddy » Dec 27th, '11, 13:50

Serujuunin wrote:He used to be much more main event worthy than he is now. He needs to retire.

Half of TNA's roster needs to retire

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Dec 27th, '11, 16:14

Big Bad Booty Daddy wrote:
Serujuunin wrote:He used to be much more main event worthy than he is now. He needs to retire.
Half of TNA's roster needs to retire
Haha this is a true story.

Big Bad Booty Daddy

Post by Big Bad Booty Daddy » Dec 28th, '11, 13:43

Shame TNA cant see it!!!

Nic

Post by Nic » Dec 29th, '11, 07:10

I think Hardy is always in the "Title Pic" for the same reason Cena is always in it, kids love Hardy cause he can/used to pull off these insane stunts which the kids loved to watch and is, and kids want someone that can pull off something crazy in the match or dress diff then the norm.

money has a big factor in it as well, he is probably getting way to much money to be a mid-carder, when I took my nephews to watch TNA, Hardy was supposed to be there, and when Jeff Jerrett came out and said Hardy wasn't going to be there the small crowed (couple hundred) and mainly kids boo'd and jeer'd so loud you would think your watch the perfect WM at the biggest arena in the world

like it or not Hardy is most likely the "face of TNA"

and yes I do agree he does need to retire, all the big moves he pulled on a weekly and PPV basis has caught up with him, hell he's wrestling with a busted back, that can only increase his chance of hitting a wheel-chair. and not to mention the drug use has probably destroyed much of his organs.

Hardy is pretty much the new Hogan/Flair he'll wrestle til his dead, just because he loves this sport so much, and sadly we all may watch the demise of Mr. Hardy if he doesn't take much needed time off to heal up.
Simply Psychotic

Outspoken, Blunt, Honest, Upfront, Rude, Cocky, Politically Incorrect since '79

Verdun

Post by Verdun » Dec 29th, '11, 18:52

After watching him for so long, I just got bored of him. He does the same things he's always done and I don't care to watch it anymore.

And if you factor in the personal issues, it just ruins my opinion more.

I'd be happier if he wasn't on TV.
Lady Luck is smiling...