2 Cents: EVOLVE

Get your opinions out
Forum rules
All Topics must start with "2 cents:" continued by the wrestler, event, segment, match being talked about.

example:
2 cents: John Cena
yourcrapsweak

2 Cents: EVOLVE

Post by yourcrapsweak » Nov 27th, '11, 09:06

What's your opinion on EVOLVE Wrestling? Not really the merge with DGUSA, but just the concept of EVOLVE?
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: 2 Cents: EVOLVE

Post by cero2k » Nov 27th, '11, 10:01

i like it for what it is. I don't really follow it for the storylines, the angles or anything, just the wrestling. that being the case, i like it, they usually deliver.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 27th, '11, 11:33

Failed concept. It just limits is own angles WAY too much. The only angle I found interesting was the thing between Cide and Moxley.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Nov 27th, '11, 16:54

Big Red Machine wrote:Failed concept. It just limits is own angles WAY too much. The only angle I found interesting was the thing between Cide and Moxley.
What about the Steen angle from Evolve 9? The whole thing is it's not about angles. If you watch the shows, very rarely are there defined heels and faces, but instead they're just guys going out and wrestling.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 27th, '11, 18:13

yourcrapsweak wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Failed concept. It just limits is own angles WAY too much. The only angle I found interesting was the thing between Cide and Moxley.
What about the Steen angle from Evolve 9? The whole thing is it's not about angles. If you watch the shows, very rarely are there defined heels and faces, but instead they're just guys going out and wrestling.
The Steen angle from Evolve 9 just seemed like Steen's character in Evolve, rather than an Evolve angle.

I like having faces and heels.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Nov 27th, '11, 18:24

Big Red Machine wrote:The Steen angle from Evolve 9 just seemed like Steen's character in Evolve, rather than an Evolve angle.

Did you see Evolve 9? Because he did start something with Bobby Fish.
-Kevin Steen

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 27th, '11, 18:29

yourcrapsweak wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:The Steen angle from Evolve 9 just seemed like Steen's character in Evolve, rather than an Evolve angle.

Yeah, but it felt like a rip-off of the Steen vs. ROH angle, but with a lamer reason. I also didn't like that they just did a No DQs match with no prior company approval or anything. It just seems so anti-Evolve.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Nov 27th, '11, 20:21

Big Red Machine wrote:
yourcrapsweak wrote:

Yeah, but it felt like a rip-off of the Steen vs. ROH angle, but with a lamer reason. I also didn't like that they just did a No DQs match with no prior company approval or anything. It just seems so anti-Evolve.
I felt the same way about the impromptu "unsanctioned" three-way. It was a stem off of the ROH angle, and I think Gabe knew that letting Steen leech off that angle would get Evolve over, but I did like the way they played it off to make it more tied into Evolve itself, instead of just talking about ROH the whole time.
-Kevin Steen