2 Cents: WWE Network

Get your opinions out
Forum rules
All Topics must start with "2 cents:" continued by the wrestler, event, segment, match being talked about.

example:
2 cents: John Cena
yourcrapsweak

2 Cents: WWE Network

Post by yourcrapsweak » Sep 24th, '11, 13:15

I'm sure we all have ideas, and I can see this topic really blowing up. What's your opinion on the WWE Network?

Would you like to see original programming? (Sitcoms, new exclusive live shows, Confidential-like shows?)

Could they show old shows all the time?

New documentaries or exclusive sit-down interveiws?

Advertise current WWE DVD's by showing parts of them, or perhaps the whole thing?

I was thinking if they showed the documentaries they have on Netflix but not show the whole thing, it could really boost DVD sales.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Robert Randall

Re: 2 Cents: WWE Network

Post by Robert Randall » Sep 24th, '11, 13:21

just thought I'd share my idea from the other topic..

another idea for programming here. I just watched Rey Mysterio: Life Of A Masked Man and I think they could air others like it on the WWE Network. Have Matt Striker sit down and Interview a superstar or diva so we can learn more about them as a person coming into the business and hear some of their experiences. Aside from the interview, they had some matches in between but I don't feel that's needed (the whole thing was 2 hours including matches) . you could cut the matches out and you'd have about an hour or so of an interview to air.
when I say I'm the ish, I'm not being cocky or conceited, I'm merely telling you what others told me "Rob, you're the ish"

Styles

Post by Styles » Sep 26th, '11, 08:01

All their current programming, including their rewind shows. (Afterburn etc...)

Well Vintage WWE would be a must, you could also show (Post watershed on say a Tuesday)... Great WWE Raws or Smackdowns.

Also with WCW & ECW's back catalogue, a huge world is open there, old WCW/ECW PPV's or 30 minute rivalry recap shows.

FCW would be good to use as a run-in for Smackdown or similar.

Tough Enough will also be featured when that returns.

I vote they could do a WWE Cribs style show. Who wouldn't wanna see what kinda car Josh Matthews drives!?

You could do 5 minute interviews with the wrestlers.

I'd love to see legends bios too. BioTV in the UK regularly runs Steve Austin, Mick Foley & The Rock Bios, I'd love to see more.

Legends of the Roundtable would also be an awesome show for the network. It's non-kayfabe, but it's fuckin awesome.

During a weekday, they'll either have to have teleshopping or cooking shows, because nobody else will watch it.

However, Night times and weekends are top markets. and it'd be so easy to fill that time up with all the above I just mentioned.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Sep 28th, '11, 12:02

Styles wrote:I vote they could do a WWE Cribs style show. Who wouldn't wanna see what kinda car Josh Matthews drives!?
I don't remember if it was WWF or WCW that did this, but one of them did this for a few weeks in 10 minute segments. I only remember Booker T because he had a picture of himself shaking hands with Mohammed Ali hanging on his wall and a putting green in his back yard. I'd love to see a whole show like this!
Styles wrote:Also with WCW & ECW's back catalogue, a huge world is open there, old WCW/ECW PPV's or 30 minute rivalry recap shows.
Their library runs WAY deeper than that...
Wikipedia wrote: For years WWE has engaged in a campaign of purchasing libraries of defunct wrestling promotions. The first significant purchases took place in 2001, when they bought the complete historical archives of their former competitor World Championship Wrestling.[3] The purchase of Extreme Championship Wrestling in 2003[4] gave the company the majority of all national professional wrestling content available at the time.

American Wrestling Association (AWA) (1957-1991)
Georgia Championship Wrestling (1944-1985)
Extreme Championship Wrestling (ECW) (1994-2001) and its predecessor
-Eastern Championship Wrestling (1992-1994)
Ohio Valley Wrestling (1998-2008)
Florida Championship Wrestling (2007-present)
Smoky Mountain Wrestling (1992-1995)
Stampede Wrestling (1948-1989)[2]
Ultimate Pro Wrestling (1998-2007)
Championship Wrestling from Florida (1961-1987)
World Championship Wrestling (WCW)(1988-2001)
Jim Crockett Promotions (1931-1988) which by the end included
-Eastern States Championship Wrestling (1945-1973)
-Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling (1973-1988)
-Central States Wrestling (c. early 1950s-1986)
-Championship Wrestling from Georgia (1984-1985)
-St. Louis Wrestling Club (1959-1985)
World Class Championship Wrestling (WCCW)(1966-1988)
Maple Leaf Wrestling (1930-1995)

I'm sure they could scrape together something worth watching out of that! :D

Styles

Post by Styles » Sep 29th, '11, 02:51

Bob-O wrote:
I'm sure they could scrape together something worth watching out of that! :D
With whats available to them and if they had a decent enough planning comittee, I believe the WWE Network could work, because they could air all their own old films too. ASWELL as air TV shows that have featured their stars in the series (Hangar 13 for example).

There's a huge market out there for this. They just have to grab it right.