2 Cents: Mark Henry as World Champ

Get your opinions out
Forum rules
All Topics must start with "2 cents:" continued by the wrestler, event, segment, match being talked about.

example:
2 cents: John Cena
yourcrapsweak

2 Cents: Mark Henry as World Champ

Post by yourcrapsweak » Sep 20th, '11, 15:16

I know we had a thread for Mark Henry in general, but now I'm wondering, how do you all feel about him as world champ? I personally am beginning to have faith in him after his win over Orton. I actually believed it. I never considered myself a huge Henry hater (but I will admit I had a hard time jumping on the bandwagon), but now I'm beginning to see what WWE wants me to see. What are your thoughts?
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Big Red Machine

Re: 2 Cents: Mark Henry as World Champ

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 20th, '11, 18:41

yourcrapsweak wrote:I know we had a thread for Mark Henry in general, but now I'm wondering, how do you all feel about him as world champ? I personally am beginning to have faith in him after his win over Orton. I actually believed it. I never considered myself a huge Henry hater (but I will admit I had a hard time jumping on the bandwagon), but now I'm beginning to see what WWE wants me to see. What are your thoughts?
Exactly this. I never thought he would win, since they always do something like this with him every few years, where he goes on a path of destruction and feuds with a top babyface, then gets beaten and disappears, but when the ref counted three, it didn't seem out of place at all to see Henry standing there with the World Heavyweight Title.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Verdun

Post by Verdun » Sep 20th, '11, 21:11

My opinion is tainted with the my Pro-Christian and Anti-Orton bias which means I'm overjoyed that he's champion.

Bias aside, I think the match was very well done and makes Henry look like a credible champion. He said he would run over Orton and he did. This whole angle and how it was done has me praising Henry and I completely approve of him as World Heavyweight Champion.
Lady Luck is smiling...

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Sep 21st, '11, 08:32

This is prolly the first time I've watched someone unexpectedly win a top title and been happy with it. It didn't seem as though they made him the champ simply bc ppl wouldn't expect it and it made him look strong bc he made Orton fight with everything Orton had.

Congrat's Henry; it took you a while, butyou have arrived! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 21st, '11, 08:49

I can't really make a good judgment on him as champ, but i loved the way he won the title. I had a big feeling he was gonna win, but i didn't think Orton would go down like that, it was awesome. Now i can expect for Orton to say something like i wasn't fully prepared to face someone like you, but now I am, blah blah blah