2 cents: Wrestling Revolution Project

Get your opinions out
Forum rules
All Topics must start with "2 cents:" continued by the wrestler, event, segment, match being talked about.

example:
2 cents: John Cena
badnewzxl

2 cents: Wrestling Revolution Project

Post by badnewzxl » Sep 13th, '11, 07:07

what are you guys' thoughts on the Wrestling Revolution Project?

Here's the backstory straight from the official website (wrestlingrevolutionroject.com):

WRP is a 13-episode seasonal concept built on wrestling storytelling with a complete three act narrative structure. Cutting the cord completely from the modern wrestling industry chronology, it’s the launch of a new universe with new characters and new rules. WRP aims to combine modern, relevant themes with compelling in-ring storytelling to create a unique wrestling television experience.

The WRESTLING REVOLUTION PROJECT will be distributed in both physical and digital media by Image Entertainment throughout North America.

Wrestling fans can officially join the cast of WRP by being a part of the production process on October 11, 12 and 13 in Hollywood, CA. Joining the WRP production will offer fans a unique, one of a kind experience that lifts the curtain on the processes behind both independent filmmaking and professional wrestling. Attendees are not just members of the audience but instead are fully functioning members of the WRP cast, gaining weekly on-screen credit for their participation and contribution towards the product. Additionally, attendees will be front and center in an intimate setting to watch acclaimed performers like Prince Devitt, Colt Cabana, MVP, Kenny Omega and many more as they show their skill inside the squared circle.

Talent includes:
MVP
Prince Devitt
Kenny Omega
Luke Gallows
Sami Callihan
Dr. Luther
Colt Cabana
Amazing Red
Kenny Dykstra
Sheik Abdul Bashir/Daivari
Karl Anderson
and more to come (profiles for each competitor is also available on the site)

And Lance Storm hs signed on as a producer.

Your thoughts?

Styles

Re: 2 cents: Wrestling Revolution Project

Post by Styles » Sep 13th, '11, 08:07

Gonna be worth a watch, but if it's in "seasonal" format it may be quite annoying. Or it could be really good.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Sep 13th, '11, 08:20

I'm thinking it'll be an improvement upon the format of Wrestling Society X; it too will have a crowd of basically plants (it states that the fans will literally be a part of the show as well) but the roster is really what sells this idea for me. Kenny Omega, Prince Devitt, Colt Cabana, Amazing Red, and Sami Callihan; those names just jump out at me. I'm excited to see them all in one place.

I'm confused though; is this thing already set to be televised? What Channel/station do they have a deal with? Or will it just be a web series or dvd? What market(s) are they looking to reach? It's very intriguing....

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 13th, '11, 09:23

I'm intrigued by the Roster and the idea behind it, but at the same time i don't know what to think of the format. I had read that each episode would center around 1 wrestler at a time or something. I'm ok with it being seasonal, with a limited roster and it being narrative, making it year long would become tiresome quickly.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 13th, '11, 12:30

Styles wrote:Gonna be worth a watch, but if it's in "seasonal" format it may be quite annoying. Or it could be really good.
This
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Sep 13th, '11, 20:39

The motherfuckers stole our name. Other than that, I'm intrigued simply by the roster. The concept doesn't really sell me, because I don't fully understand it. I'll have to see it.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Sep 13th, '11, 20:51

yourcrapsweak wrote:The *censored* stole our name. Other than that, I'm intrigued simply by the roster. The concept doesn't really sell me, because I don't fully understand it. I'll have to see it.
I was just about to say the first one who talks about name theft or copyright is gonna get it... :-w
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 13th, '11, 21:07

KILLdozer wrote:
yourcrapsweak wrote:The *censored* stole our name. Other than that, I'm intrigued simply by the roster. The concept doesn't really sell me, because I don't fully understand it. I'll have to see it.
I was just about to say the first one who talks about name theft or copyright is gonna get it... :-w
i'm actually hoping they wanna buy the name out and I become a millionaire

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Sep 13th, '11, 21:11

cero2k wrote:
KILLdozer wrote:
i'm actually hoping they wanna buy the name out and I become a millionaire
nothing wrong with that
When they come, they'll come at what you love.