2 Cents: Zack Ryder

Get your opinions out
Forum rules
All Topics must start with "2 cents:" continued by the wrestler, event, segment, match being talked about.

example:
2 cents: John Cena
cero2k
Site Admin

2 Cents: Zack Ryder

Post by cero2k » Aug 23rd, '11, 21:02

this guy became an internet sensation by himself. Self proclaimed the Internet Champion....but is he really worth all the hype we've been hearing???

what's your opinion on Zack Ryder

KILLdozer

Re: 2 Cents: Zack Ryder

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 23rd, '11, 21:11

Idk. Majors werent bad,He was great as an edgehead,played that role perfectly..he was decent as a heel at first,but evidently something was holding him back,maybe management just didnt want to push him,who knows,maybe he couldnt get over as a serious heel..once he became a goofball heel it went down hill for him..so lets see where he goes with this face stuff as the assitant to long on SD..hes very well over as a face..dont know how far I see him going though in the title picture...time will tell I suppose
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Aug 23rd, '11, 21:15

I've never seen an episode of his YouTube show, but I like him. I wasn't feeling the character much in WWECW, but I think the YouTube show gave him more than exposure, I think the more important aspect of it is the fine tuning it's done to his character. I like that he's been given the Class Clown role for now and we're getting a break from Santino and Hornswaggle.

Verdun

Post by Verdun » Sep 7th, '11, 11:28

Do people legit like him or only like him because he's a youtube fad?
Lady Luck is smiling...

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 7th, '11, 11:35

Verdun wrote:Do people legit like him or only like him because he's a youtube fad?
I personally like him, i've only seen like 2 or 3 of his shows, and they're not in Claudio's Cafe level to be honest.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Sep 7th, '11, 14:48

I like him for the same reason I like guys like Eric Young, Disco Inferno, and Norman Smiley; he's decent in the ring and VERY entertaining for the lower card. I also really like the Ruff Ryder.

I think WWE should make him start defending the Internet title on NXT and Superstars (you know, their INTERNET SHOWS) and he'll get over even more. I've never seen a single one of his internet shows, but I like the guy. Since he's the WWE's internet sensation, MAKE HIM THE STAR OF THE INTERNET SHOWS!

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Sep 7th, '11, 15:16

badnewzxl wrote:I think WWE should make him start defending the Internet title on NXT and Superstars (you know, their INTERNET SHOWS) and he'll get over even more.
I'm all about a title that'd be defended on Superstars, but not so much NXT. No matter how far from the spotlight they take it or how many weeks they they decide to stretch out the seasons, NXT should be about the rookies.

But, a title defended exclusively on Superstars would be awesome! Have them cut 30 second promos on Raw or Smackdown promoting the defenses. Show little compilations of the matches or feuds... it'd be really cool, not to mention put WAY more traffic to their website than the little blurbs they throw in currently.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Sep 7th, '11, 15:31

Bob-O wrote:
badnewzxl wrote:I think WWE should make him start defending the Internet title on NXT and Superstars (you know, their INTERNET SHOWS) and he'll get over even more.
I'm all about a title that'd be defended on Superstars, but not so much NXT. No matter how far from the spotlight they take it or how many weeks they they decide to stretch out the seasons, NXT should be about the rookies.

But, a title defended exclusively on Superstars would be awesome! Have them cut 30 second promos on Raw or Smackdown promoting the defenses. Show little compilations of the matches or feuds... it'd be really cool, not to mention put WAY more traffic to their website than the little blurbs they throw in currently.
NXT should just become the FCW show; throw guys like Ryder, Hawkins, Reks, Kidd, and some others in there for main events and let them help the developmental guys get ready for one of the main shows. The rookies can then build their exposure while honing their skill so the WWE fans can be acclimated with the characters. This would be a GREAT introduction for guys like Tyler Black and Alex Koslov, both of whom have fans on the internet already.

Since Superstars' matches are taped before RAW & SD!, the Internet champ will already be in the arena for one of those shows and should get to cut a promo promoting his title defenses, feuds, etc. WWE needs to stop promoting these crappy movies they make and tooting their horn about their stupid campaigns and PROMOTE THEIR TALENT!

Shogun Rua

Post by Shogun Rua » Sep 8th, '11, 14:34

I never thought it would happen, but this goofy, low-card, Jersey Shore rip-off clown, is starting to get some respect from me. I liked how on RAW, they introduced him as though he's the guy to keep your eye on for a while, and that video package really hyped him up (especially for people like me, who have never seen his internet show, he has some good promo skills[the best is when he's climbing the fence, saying, "I'm trying to get over!]). I hope they actually go somewhere with him now, because he's got me interested.

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Sep 8th, '11, 15:17

Shogun Rua wrote:Jersey Shore rip-off clown
Jersey Shore started AFTER he debuted this character. He debuted it in May 2009, Jersey Shore started in December 2009. Robbie E is the Jersey Shore rip off character. Ryder's gimmick is based off people in New Jersey because they existed before Jersey Shore.