2 cents: inVasion

Get your opinions out
Forum rules
All Topics must start with "2 cents:" continued by the wrestler, event, segment, match being talked about.

example:
2 cents: John Cena
cero2k
Site Admin

2 cents: inVasion

Post by cero2k » Jul 1st, '11, 11:59

You remember that?? Where were you when WWF bought WCW and thus ignited the now historic InVasion angle. What did you think of it? was it good?? bad?? would you have changed something??

Verdun

Re: 2 cents: inVasion

Post by Verdun » Jul 1st, '11, 12:26

It had potential, but after the initial shock subsided it just sort of dragged on its heels.
Lady Luck is smiling...

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Jul 1st, '11, 12:38

Verdun wrote:It had potential, but after the initial shock subsided it just sort of dragged on its heels.
Very much this.

When it first started people were buzzing about it then it just dragged on for them to do a Survivor Series match. They should have had Heyman & Bischoff be the non wrestlers who lead the Alliance instead of having it be Steph & Shane. I always felt like it when from ECW/WCW vs WWF to Kids vs Daddy.

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Post by Lynas » Jul 1st, '11, 15:06

I stand very much alone in my enjoyment of this angle... okay granted... it's a shame they couldn't have used some bigger WCW names... but nonetheless... enjoyable.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jul 19th, '11, 08:20

In my opinion, The inVasion angle is the biggest disappointment WWE has ever produced. More disappointing than Vader's run. More disappointing than the current state of the Divas. More disappointing than The Gobledygooker. I've blogged on this numerous times.

Long story short, no, WWE did not have WCW's bigger stars to work with (Hall, Nash, Sting, Steiner, Goldberg...). But, they could have done SO MUCH MORE with the guys they did get in the purchase. DDP, Booker, and Storm had enough star power to make something truly epic not to mention a huge flowthrough to Vince's bottom line. With the right push and build to the angle we FINALLY could of had WCW vs WWF. Instead we got Vince vs his kids (again), featuring all of WWE's guys. After BUYING HIS RIVAL, it was as if he thought there was still something to prove instead of giving us what we all wanted.
Last edited by Bob-O on Jul 19th, '11, 09:44, edited 1 time in total.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 19th, '11, 08:24

Bob-O wrote:In my opinion, The inVasion angle is the biggest disappointment WWE has ever produced. More disappointing than Vader's run. More disappointing than the current state of the Divas. More disappointing than The Gobledygooker. I've blogged on this numerous times.

Long story short, no, WWE did not have WCW's bigger stars to work with (Hall, Nash, Sting, Steiner, Goldberg...). But, they could have done SO MUCH MORE with the guys they did get in the purchase. DDP, Booker, and Storm had enough star power to make something truly epic not to mention a huge flowthrough to Vince's bottom line. With the right push and build to the angle we FINALLY could of had WCW vs WWF. Instead we got Shane vs his kids (again), featuring all of WWE's guys. After BUYING HIS RIVAL, it was as if he thought there was still something to prove instead of giving us what we all wanted.
yep,horrible
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 19th, '11, 21:36

Bob-O wrote:In my opinion, The inVasion angle is the biggest disappointment WWE has ever produced. More disappointing than Vader's run. More disappointing than the current state of the Divas. More disappointing than The Gobledygooker. I've blogged on this numerous times.

Long story short, no, WWE did not have WCW's bigger stars to work with (Hall, Nash, Sting, Steiner, Goldberg...). But, they could have done SO MUCH MORE with the guys they did get in the purchase. DDP, Booker, and Storm had enough star power to make something truly epic not to mention a huge flowthrough to Vince's bottom line. With the right push and build to the angle we FINALLY could of had WCW vs WWF. Instead we got Vince vs his kids (again), featuring all of WWE's guys. After BUYING HIS RIVAL, it was as if he thought there was still something to prove instead of giving us what we all wanted.
I don't think there was much that Vince could have done. THE ONLY stars he had were DDP, Booker, and RVD. Others, like Rhino, Awesome, and Storm, could have become stars with the right push... but that push would have needed to take place first, before the actual Invasion started. Those guys had to right away be ready to be seen as being on the same level as guys like Angle, Rock, Taker, & Austin. Aside from DDP and Booker T, none of them were close to that. That is why there had to be so many defectors.

And don't' forget the major positive of the Invasion angle: It made Chris Jericho a star.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Jul 20th, '11, 06:08

Would have actually been better if it was WWF v WCW v ECW... & included all the top stars... anyone else notice that when the Alliance occurred that WCW was SEVERELY outnumbered?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 20th, '11, 10:30

ECWFlairfan wrote:Would have actually been better if it was WWF v WCW v ECW... & included all the top stars... anyone else notice that when the Alliance occurred that WCW was SEVERELY outnumbered?
Yeah. Because Vince had all of the contracts of the WWF guys. The WCW guys had an option of going or not, and most of the big stars chose to sit at home on their asses instead of wrestle for the fans.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3