2 Cents: The Rollins/Ospreay Twitter War

Get your opinions out
Forum rules
All Topics must start with "2 cents:" continued by the wrestler, event, segment, match being talked about.

example:
2 cents: John Cena
NWK2000

2 Cents: The Rollins/Ospreay Twitter War

Post by NWK2000 » Jun 25th, '19, 11:40

Let me just say, I love both guys in this. I think Seth and Will both deserve to be in the conversation for "Best in the World right now". But I feel for Seth most in this, because Seth, not to mention several other people in the company (Becky, Kofi, AJ, Joe, Kevin, Sami) all consistently put on great performances, that get shit on because the booking is bad. And the booking IS bad, don't mistake my words, I just don't think it's fair to dog on guys who are being given lemons and making lemonade night after night. Will benefits from the fortune of being in a company where people are pleased with.

This, and it just exposes how ridiculously stupid the fans are, dogging to one side or the other, making comparisons like "When (Seth) was 26 you were losing to people like Jinder Mahal while Will was winning Best of the Super Juniors at 26." Like how deluded and absorbed in stupid bull crap can they be? We all find success in our own way as both guys but the key of the matter is both guys take pride in what they do, and I think that kind of zeal for the performance art that they practice should be celebrated, not compared/contrasted.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

NWK2000

Re: 2 Cents: The Rollins/Ospreay Twitter War

Post by NWK2000 » Jun 25th, '19, 12:07

[tweet][/tweet]
The tweet I referenced

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 25th, '19, 12:29

Other than Seth, no one is really comparing the talent of the wrestlers. Fans don't shit on the wrestlers, the constant complain is always against booking/creative/Vince.

What Seth is out there saying is that they're the best and untouchable and NO ONE is better than them, and he did that just a couple of hours before he went out there to have a 4.5/10 match on a main event of WWE. (1) you can't say WWE is the best in the world when both ratings and ticket sells are going down based completely on the lack of quality of their shows. (2) He can't say that no one in the world is going out there as much as he is having top quality matches because (2.1) There are TON of wrestlers wrestling more matches than Rollins, and (2.2) at a higher level of quality, Ospreay JUST finished the BOSJ with all his matches getting better ratings by the fans than all of Rollins' year.

What is Rollins' response to all of this? Calling Ospreay 'little guy' when Ospreay is only 3 yrs younger than Rollins and THE SAME SIZE! bringing in Ricochet 'we have a better version of you' when Ricochet had nothing to do with this, and up for argument, is not better than Will Ospreay in 2019. And then we he realizes that oh wait, Ospreay does have more matches this year, 'bUt mY bANk AcCouNt!' like if he was the one selling the tickets, motherfucker, that's all Saudi/FOX money!

Rollins is a dumbass that is way high up on the FED's ass. It's not even about defending your brand or being proud of what you've achieved. This is the type of tweets that actually shoves fans into tribalism, instead of saying 'Wrestling is great right now', it's 'We're the best and no one can touch us'. instead of 'Ospreay is a little guy', he could have said "Let's wrestle one day Ospreay" and have the fans all wet themselves together.

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Jun 25th, '19, 12:47

Certainly, Seth should be less aggressive about it. I'm just saying with the amount of man hours he (and every other wrestler) puts into their company, and I mean travel, workouts, personal appearances, house shows, live events, pay per views, if they feel personally attacked when someone attacks their brand, even if the criticism is valid, I think those feelings are valid.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 25th, '19, 13:11

NWK2000 wrote: Jun 25th, '19, 12:47 Certainly, Seth should be less aggressive about it. I'm just saying with the amount of man hours he (and every other wrestler) puts into their company, and I mean travel, workouts, personal appearances, house shows, live events, pay per views, if they feel personally attacked when someone attacks their brand, even if the criticism is valid, I think those feelings are valid.
if they're mad about the comments the brand gets, then do something about it, not start flame wars with fans and other wrestlers. Go to Vince, as a group of talent and say 'Dude, what the fuck are we doing here?' WWE can't survive without their talent, and they have the power to tell their boss to fix this shit.

Also, if they're being 'insulted' by that, given the work, then they're a bunch of snowflakes and Rollins has surely forgotten that NO ONE hassles as much as an indie wrestler. He may be a hard worker, but assuming that they're the hardest working crew in the universe is BS.

This came out today, it's an interview of Rollins talking about Amrbrose leaving. He just sounds like he completely drank the Flavor-Aid. I would assume he's trying to get married to Aurora Levesque in the future.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/284 ... um=twitter

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Jun 25th, '19, 14:02

cero2k wrote: Jun 25th, '19, 13:11
NWK2000 wrote: Jun 25th, '19, 12:47 Certainly, Seth should be less aggressive about it. I'm just saying with the amount of man hours he (and every other wrestler) puts into their company, and I mean travel, workouts, personal appearances, house shows, live events, pay per views, if they feel personally attacked when someone attacks their brand, even if the criticism is valid, I think those feelings are valid.
if they're mad about the comments the brand gets, then do something about it, not start flame wars with fans and other wrestlers. Go to Vince, as a group of talent and say 'Dude, what the fuck are we doing here?' WWE can't survive without their talent, and they have the power to tell their boss to fix this shit.

Also, if they're being 'insulted' by that, given the work, then they're a bunch of snowflakes and Rollins has surely forgotten that NO ONE hassles as much as an indie wrestler. He may be a hard worker, but assuming that they're the hardest working crew in the universe is BS.

This came out today, it's an interview of Rollins talking about Amrbrose leaving. He just sounds like he completely drank the Flavor-Aid. I would assume he's trying to get married to Aurora Levesque in the future.

Oh, trust me, I say this with the complete understanding that he's a presumptuous asshole, especially in that interview, but I think people should be free to do whatever it takes to inspire them to do the best they can at their chosen field. If that means taking a huge risk and going into uncharted waters (Moxley) or putting your life on the line doing some crazy dive (Ospreay) or pumping yourself up by looking in the mirror and saying, "fuck the haters and the shitty booking, myself and my colleagues are the best in the world" then do that.

That said, Seth overstepped his bounds by personally insulting Will, and it's only goaded mouthbreathers to add to the fire. But I think lost in that is the key take away, is that everyone has passion for their work, and it just manifests differently.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jun 25th, '19, 15:23

It's all "Facebook Drama". No heat, just two dudes dogging one another. I think it's all a huge rub for Ospreay, and Rollins knows that. How many casual fans are looking up "Will Ospreay" today to find out who the hell he is?
NWK2000 wrote: Jun 25th, '19, 11:40 I just don't think it's fair to dog on guys who are being given lemons and making lemonade night after night.
...and I think this is why Seth brought up bank accounts.

Hindsight is 20/20, probably shouldn't have went there, but I think the point goes back to our McDonald's vs Five Guys discussion a few weeks ago. You don't go to Mickey D's expecting a great burger, and you don't go to WWE expecting a great match. Ronald McDonald is going to put his food over as the best ever, but anyone that's ever been to Five Guys knows he's full of shit. I feel like this was one of those moments where Seth knew he had to say something - like "I mean if you wanna talk numbers, I'm pretty sure I wrestled in front of more people in one night than you have in 2019", but it came out all wrong.

Usually people in Rollins position can just go into character when put under fire like that, but Rollins doesn't have a character...

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 25th, '19, 18:32

NWK2000 wrote: Jun 25th, '19, 12:07 [tweet][/tweet]
The tweet I referenced
This poster is a moron, because at even younger than that Seth Rollins was the ROH World Champion while Will Ospreay was someone people in his home country had barely heard of.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 25th, '19, 18:33

cero2k wrote: Jun 25th, '19, 13:11

This.
Both sides are wrong and stupid, but Rollins seems a little more so.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 25th, '19, 20:06

just a dump of updates, at least it's really entertaining when you don't go into the fan comments

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jun 26th, '19, 10:48

Hahaha! Rollins sending Twitter Threats to Wade Keller should shut everyone up.

Why let a fire burn out when you can piss on it instead? Rollins just needs to shut up... you've been given the wheel, ratings are plummeting, arenas are seeing more and more tarps, and you're busy getting somebody in another company over faster than Austin at KOTR. If Vince even knows what's going on, he's pointing at a computer screen telling people that this is why they never made Ryback champion.

Experiment failed. Turn it over to AJ anytime please...

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 26th, '19, 11:06

Bob-O wrote: Jun 26th, '19, 10:48

Why let a fire burn out when you can piss on it instead?
was this ever more appropriate?

BURRRNNN IT DOWW!N

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 3rd, '19, 10:47

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » Jul 3rd, '19, 17:35

I was enjoying this. It was like Mean Girls with wrestling

"You know what everyone says about you? That you're a Indy nobody and a less talented version of me. So you can take your Storm Breaker and shove it up your - *gets hit by yellow school bus *

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » Jul 3rd, '19, 17:36

Apparently Nandos fixes everything!

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jul 4th, '19, 05:38

cero2k wrote: Jul 3rd, '19, 10:47
-At Raw Monday

Seth: "Vince, do you still have my phone? I think I left it in your office last Monday..."

Vince: "Sure do Pal, here ya go. Who's Will Ocean Spray? And, people are mad you now..."