2 Cents: The Viking Experience

Get your opinions out
Forum rules
All Topics must start with "2 cents:" continued by the wrestler, event, segment, match being talked about.

example:
2 cents: John Cena
Serujuunin

Re: 2 Cents: The Viking Experience

Post by Serujuunin » Apr 22nd, '19, 17:51

Big Red Machine wrote: Apr 22nd, '19, 15:23 Well... now we've got a new name to debate: The Viking Raiders

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/12593 ... e.html?p=1
I like this much better tbh.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Apr 22nd, '19, 19:32

Big Red Machine wrote: Apr 22nd, '19, 15:23 Well... now we've got a new name to debate: The Viking Raiders

NO!

No got-dang way! "War Raiders", just didn't really mean much..."Viking Experience", isn't really a tag team name at all....and...

"Viking Raiders"???!?!

What is this? Vince McMahon likes Minnesota Vikings AND Oakland Raiders BOTH equally, so he couldn't decide?

Really though, Viking Raiders...just don't go together...plus it's kind of somewhat redundant...
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 22nd, '19, 21:06

KILLdozer wrote: Apr 22nd, '19, 19:32

Really though, Viking Raiders...just don't go together...plus it's kind of somewhat redundant...
I definitely agree with this. There is definitely something about it that feels very dry.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Apr 22nd, '19, 22:18

Big Red Machine wrote: Apr 22nd, '19, 21:06
KILLdozer wrote: Apr 22nd, '19, 19:32

I definitely agree with this. There is definitely something about it that feels very dry.
It takes too long to get out in a heated or important moment, for the love of Pete!

XIV

Post by XIV » Apr 22nd, '19, 23:38

Now they’ve called their finishing move the Viking Experience just so Cole can shout it out in his annoying tone.

Viking Raiders is dry. Are they Vikings who raid? Are they guys who raid Vikings? It’s just a bit shit.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 23rd, '19, 00:05

XIV wrote: Apr 22nd, '19, 23:38 Now they’ve called their finishing move the Viking Experience just so Cole can shout it out in his annoying tone.

Viking Raiders is dry. Are they Vikings who raid? Are they guys who raid Vikings? It’s just a bit shit.
They are Vikings who raid. If they were guys who raid Vikings it would be "Viking-Raiders."
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Apr 23rd, '19, 03:48

Don't Vikings ALWAYS raid anyways though?!? Redundant, as I said.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 23rd, '19, 08:46

KILLdozer wrote: Apr 23rd, '19, 03:48 Don't Vikings ALWAYS raid anyways though?!? Redundant, as I said.
nah, sometimes they farm, sometimes they sing

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Apr 23rd, '19, 10:14

Thankfully WWE likes to drop halves of names. At this point I could live with The Vikings or The Raiders, but I am so far and beyond over them and this shit. These assholes have an entire subdivision of their company called CREATIVE, people that get paid to BE CREATIVE, and this is what they come up with for a team that should be a HUGE deal.

It sounds stupid. They look stupid. But hey, at least we're talking about them right?

Raiding is something I do to my cupboard for snacks. It's something fraternities did to sororities' underwear drawers in hilarious 80's movies. It's the name of a hilariously bad football team out in California. It's stupid, it sucks, and I hate it.

Wikipedia tells me that one of Ivar's aliases was Warbeard Hanson. I could settle for half of that. Doesn't infringe on any copyrights... sounds cool...

"The Hansons"

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Apr 23rd, '19, 10:17

Yeah since The Vikings and The Raiders were already taken they said "alright then! We'll have both!!!!".

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 23rd, '19, 10:18

Bob-O wrote: Apr 23rd, '19, 10:14 It's the name of a hilariously bad football team out in California. It's stupid, it sucks, and I hate it.

you just wait for next year's superbowl between Minnesota Vikings and Canberra Raiders (let's be realistic, that's more credible than the Oakland raiders in a superbowl)

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Apr 23rd, '19, 12:55

So was the idea that you can't be sayin' "War'? Nevermind maniacs like Mcintrye and Strowman sayin' they're gonna do all kinds of over the line things, on the show where it's essentially revolving around nothing but guys fightin' each other until one can literally no longer fight Anymore...

So does that mean no more War Games? Lol.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Apr 23rd, '19, 13:06

These motha' fuckers comin' out here lookin' like The Barbarians from Diablo III...

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 23rd, '19, 14:06

KILLdozer wrote: Apr 23rd, '19, 12:55 So was the idea that you can't be sayin' "War'? Nevermind maniacs like Mcintrye and Strowman sayin' they're gonna do all kinds of over the line things, on the show where it's essentially revolving around nothing but guys fightin' each other until one can literally no longer fight Anymore...

I don't think that was the reason at all. Ember Moon is the 'War Goddess'. This is just Vince not liking the name one day and wanting to change it

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Apr 23rd, '19, 18:24

cero2k wrote: Apr 23rd, '19, 14:06
KILLdozer wrote: Apr 23rd, '19, 12:55 So was the idea that you can't be sayin' "War'? Nevermind maniacs like Mcintrye and Strowman sayin' they're gonna do all kinds of over the line things, on the show where it's essentially revolving around nothing but guys fightin' each other until one can literally no longer fight Anymore...

I don't think that was the reason at all. Ember Moon is the 'War Goddess'. This is just Vince not liking the name one day and wanting to change it
Right, Vince didn't like the name, but nobody ever came out and said why.

As much as I'm bitching, I don't find it too far fetched that Vince doesn't want arenas full of fans chanting War! War! War!

Especially with the Saudi show coming up, I'm sure he's already gearing up for the next John Oliver report. Ember Moon's nickname is one thing, these guys use the word like R-Truth uses "What's Up!?" A lot of fun in context; but how often does that happen when the media is trying to prove a point? I could absolutely see him liking the concept and the spirit, but trying to come up with a different word to encompass it.

They haven't done that yet. But this is two iterations of a team lacking the word they've always tried to get the fans to chant. Seems odd is all.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Apr 23rd, '19, 21:27

Bob-O wrote: Apr 23rd, '19, 18:24
cero2k wrote: Apr 23rd, '19, 14:06

Right, Vince didn't like the name, but nobody ever came out and said why.

As much as I'm bitching, I don't find it too far fetched that Vince doesn't want arenas full of fans chanting War! War! War!

Especially with the Saudi show coming up, I'm sure he's already gearing up for the next John Oliver report. Ember Moon's nickname is one thing, these guys use the word like R-Truth uses "What's Up!?" A lot of fun in context; but how often does that happen when the media is trying to prove a point? I could absolutely see him liking the concept and the spirit, but trying to come up with a different word to encompass it.

They haven't done that yet. But this is two iterations of a team lacking the word they've always tried to get the fans to chant. Seems odd is all.
I didn't like that chant one bit...

It just seemed so strange and out of place on a wrestling show...plus the manner everyone went about it...no thank you lol.

XIV

Post by XIV » Apr 23rd, '19, 23:23

cero2k wrote: Apr 23rd, '19, 08:46
KILLdozer wrote: Apr 23rd, '19, 03:48 Don't Vikings ALWAYS raid anyways though?!? Redundant, as I said.
nah, sometimes they farm, sometimes they sing
Pillage the village, leave no spillage.
Have A Nice Day!

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Apr 24th, '19, 18:09

They might be "The Viking Warriors" now...

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 24th, '19, 18:22

Bob-O wrote: Apr 24th, '19, 18:09 They might be "The Viking Warriors" now...

god fucking dammit. What's next? War Warriors? Viking Cowboys? 49r's Experience ?

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Apr 24th, '19, 18:45

Pretty sure it's trolling at this point. That one might be the best though...