2 Cents....The Bullet Club

Get your opinions out
Forum rules
All Topics must start with "2 cents:" continued by the wrestler, event, segment, match being talked about.

example:
2 cents: John Cena
cero2k
Site Admin

2 Cents....The Bullet Club

Post by cero2k » May 13th, '16, 10:11

We had Prince Devitt's Bullet Club, We had AJ Style's Bullet Club, and now Omega's Bullet Club.
It's been through so much, remember when Jarrett was in Bullet Club? Remember when Chase Owens was in Bullet Club? Remember when Mephisto was in Bullet Club?

Anyway, just wanted to hear what are your 2 cents on the Bullet Club, you're free to talk on each of the eras or just current.

Personally, I stopped caring about it when AJ left NJPW, after that BC in Japan doesn't feel the same, ROH's is a joke, and WWE's feels like a cheap copy, the kind of thing we would make fun of TNA for copying WWE.

Big Red Machine

Re: 2 Cents....The Bullet Club

Post by Big Red Machine » May 13th, '16, 11:51

Devitt's Bullet Clubs was great, but I thought AJ's was better for two reasons:
1) AJ being a heavyweight let them feel like they had a lot more influence.
2) Yujiro joining the group made them a little bit different from just another group of Gaijin heels.

I also thought that Gallows & Anderson's long tag title reign gave the heavyweight tag division something worth fighting for. I can't say that it wasn't stale while they were champs because it was... but it did feel like whenever they lost it would at least feel important. Maybe something similar could have happeend with the Jr. tag titles but they let those continue to be a revolving door rather than leaving them on the Bucks.

Omega's Bullet Club is pretty lame. The turn on AJ and Omega being elevated was great, but everything else feels so stale or irrelevant. We know by now that the Jr. tag division is irrelevant and the NEVER Openweight Trios Titles are joke, so the Bucks don't matter, (and I honestly think that having the Bucks and Omega around them actually hurts all three guys). The Guerrillas of Destiny feel like a cheap replacement for Gallows & Anderson. And I'm not even sure what Cody, Yujrio, and Fale have been doing recently.
The faction is clearly the secondary heel group now that Los Ingobernables de Japon has taken off. The Ingobernables presence also causes fans to make obvious comparisons between the two groups which just draws attention to how stale Bullet Club is right now.

The ROH Bullet Club is even worse. They're Mt. Rushmore with Bullet Club shirts on, so it comes across like a copy of not one but TWO completely stale acts. They are the top heel group in ROH... except that their booking is controlled by New Japan who are insanely overprotective so that limits what ROH can do to reverse the already prevalent issue that their stars are almost always made to look completely inferior to the New Japan guys.
Furthermore, their entire existence is a mistake. At this point it seems clear that no matter what you do, the fans aren't going to boo the Bucks, so why the f*ck would you make them heels?
Keeping Cole off of these shows also hurt the booking a lot. Cole should have been the guy jobbing to Naito while Kyle got a big win to set him up for a shot at Lethal. ROH actually had stuff brewing before this PPV, but this Bullet Club sh*t upended all of it.

WWE's version of Bullet Club... wouldn't be so bad if they weren't calling it "The Club." That right there turns it from an interesting storyline that makes allusions to past events in another promotion and instead turns it into a clear- as you put it: TNA style- rip-off that looks completely second rate because they can't use the real name.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » May 14th, '16, 20:53

Like TNA with the NWO-"Gonna get The Band up in here!".
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 14th, '16, 21:35

KILLdozer wrote:Like TNA with the NWO-"Gonna get The Band up in here!".
that is exactly how i feel about The Club

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » May 18th, '16, 18:33

I don't know anything about them from other promotions, but I feel like they're being lost in the shuffle right now with the angle they're in. It's a big debut, and it should be celebrated just for that, but they're making it about AJ and not about Gallows and Anderson, which takes away from them. They should have just come in on their own first and gotten a chance to stand out in the Tag Team Division to people like me before they got stuck with AJ, so it seemed more like an alliance and less like two guys in AJs shadow. But that's only because I don't know anything about them.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 18th, '16, 20:10

Serujuunin wrote:I don't know anything about them from other promotions, but I feel like they're being lost in the shuffle right now with the angle they're in. It's a big debut, and it should be celebrated just for that, but they're making it about AJ and not about Gallows and Anderson, which takes away from them. They should have just come in on their own first and gotten a chance to stand out in the Tag Team Division to people like me before they got stuck with AJ, so it seemed more like an alliance and less like two guys in AJs shadow. But that's only because I don't know anything about them.
I thought they were going a good job of not making them feel secondary to AJ until the PPV. The story they were telling was more of a "will they interfere (supposedly) against AJ's orders?" which made them into their own unit within the three-man unit and made them an important part of the story. After the PPV, though, it felt like the entire story shifted to just being "The Club vs. The Bloodline," which lowers Anderson & Gallows to the supporting level The Usos have been at (though having them get beaten left and right hasn't helped, either).
I loved the build to Payback this year, but the finishes on that show and how they have been followed up on this month have shown that that was just a case of a blind squirrel finally finding a nut. What we have been getting since the PPV (and this feud and the Women's Title feud are the two most blatant cases of it) has in no way built from what we saw at the PPV. They just hit their magically reset button and Gallows and Anderson have been the two worst victims of it.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3