2 Cents: Curtis Axel

Get your opinions out
Forum rules
All Topics must start with "2 cents:" continued by the wrestler, event, segment, match being talked about.

example:
2 cents: John Cena
Bob-O

2 Cents: Curtis Axel

Post by Bob-O » May 31st, '13, 00:30

Well, we got what we all wanted. They changed Micheal McGillicutty's name. They're acknowledging his heritage. He's a "Heyman Guy". What do you think?

Many are thinking he's got a rocket tied to his back, that he's got the support of many backstage (including a nice rub from The Rock). Other's speculate that this is nothing but a rib on Heyman because... let's face it... Vince hates him.

Honestly, I'm not feeling it. Yet, anyway. I love the concept, but I don't think he's gonna pull it off. I still see Mike McGillicutty, a guy with a bad haircut that can't cut a promo. He's got a great dropkick, but so does Ziggler. He's got Paul Heyman, but so did Tommy Dreamer.

Thoughts?

Big Red Machine

Re: 2 Cents: Curtis Axel

Post by Big Red Machine » May 31st, '13, 07:16

I think they have really botched his push so far, as the only impressive thing they have done is have him last a few minutes against Cena. The way they did things made it look like all of the damage to Hunter was really done by Brock the previous night.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 31st, '13, 09:43

I like the idea, but i'm not really liking the push, it's like they're afraid to push him. they give him two big matches where he won by technicalities, he just doesn't seem like the next big thing if he keeps winning like that. When he debuted and he fought Triple H, i thought that we would see Heyman fire him the next monday for losing to Triple H, kinda like AW changing from Primo and Epico to the PTP. I do like his attitude, the segment with Bret Hart was nice.

Also, why Curtis? why not just Curt?? hell, if they wanted to reference his legacy, Axel Hennig sounds soo much better.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Aug 18th, '13, 16:25

I can't for the life of me get behind him. I can't figure out what it is, but I just don't care. I don't even heel hate him. I just want to turn my tv off when he comes on.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Aug 18th, '13, 16:40

I think once he gets into an actual feud, he'll take off. I think they need to go ahead and put him in a program with Kofi or Cody after Summerslam. We need to see what he can do in a feud.

As of now, tho; SOLID worker...