2 cents: Shane Douglas

Get your opinions out
Forum rules
All Topics must start with "2 cents:" continued by the wrestler, event, segment, match being talked about.

example:
2 cents: John Cena
RedSon

2 cents: Shane Douglas

Post by RedSon » Apr 29th, '13, 15:56

was watching that cm punk debut video on shane douglas, which lead me to the ecw title promo and some other stuff. i think this could be a good one for 2 cents, shane douglas, what's your opinion on him?

i never really liked his wrestling style, like he had nothing outstanding, he was just another generic nwa guy, but his mic work was always great in my humble opinion
The Man That Gravity Forgot!

badnewzxl

Re: 2 cents: Shane Douglas

Post by badnewzxl » Apr 29th, '13, 16:41

I think he should have remained in ECW after he spiked the NWA title; his runs in WWF and WCW afterwards really tarnished his legacy, imo. H was spose to be the leader of the rebels; selling out twice (esp to WCW, whom he shat all over almost every chance he got) just damaged that mystique.

He was always mediocre in the ring, but his charisma made up for it enough. His greatest assets were (1) his ability to work the crowd and (2) Francine =p~

He was absolutely terrible in WCW in 99 and 2000; even when he was hanging out with Saturn, Beniot, and Malenko. That may be the most disappointing faction I can remember; it did nothing for any of those guys....

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 29th, '13, 17:01

i'm with redson, never liked him in the ring, especially since the things i've seen the most is his ECW stuff and i always thought that he didn't belong there, weirdly enough cuz he had really good presence. Maybe if he had feuded with Benoit, Malenko, or Eddie more.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Apr 29th, '13, 17:57

Alex Riley reminds me a lot of Shane Douglas when it comes to his presence; maybe he too needs to be placed in an environment where he's a top dog. I think alex Riley could excel pretty well in TNA

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 29th, '13, 20:13

badnewzxl wrote:
He was always mediocre in the ring, but his charisma made up for it enough.
This.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3