2 Cents: Hulk Hogan

Get your opinions out
Forum rules
All Topics must start with "2 cents:" continued by the wrestler, event, segment, match being talked about.

example:
2 cents: John Cena
cero2k
Site Admin

2 Cents: Hulk Hogan

Post by cero2k » Jan 21st, '13, 10:35

This could be interesting. Hulk Hogan, the most iconic figure in wrestling history. Do you like him? Do you hate him? why? what are your two cents on the Hulkster?

Big Red Machine

Re: 2 Cents: Hulk Hogan

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 21st, '13, 11:48

A decent worker with tons of charisma whose ego was a major factor in ruining an entire promotion. He has also completely failed to adapt to the modern style of promos, and as a result he makes Impact hard to watch because of obnoxious barely-coherent rambling which rarely makes sense, and when it does there is no guarantee that it won't completely contradict the storyline that he is trying to sell!
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jan 21st, '13, 16:03

Easily one of the most charismatic wrestlers of all time; def one of the most popular. However, he's become such a clown over the last 15 years that he's ruined his legacy. He's a total media whore (reality shows, Rent-A-Center commercials, sex tapes, you name it) and he brings riff raff a LOT of the time (Nasty Boys, Brooke Hogan).

When I see Hogan, I sigh

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Jan 21st, '13, 19:52

I used to be a fan until he just appeared too much and was just terrible. Prior to TNA i was a fan but he decided to wrestle again in TNA which no one wanted. All i have to say to Hulk for now is to just go away, i don't watch wrestling much anymore and he's part of the reason why. TNA was something good then they got flushed down the toilet.

Yes he is the biggest name associated with wrestling but he's left a sour taste in my mouth in recent years......take that last line which ever way you want. Front or back, dirty or clean, naughty or nice. ;)

Big Bad Booty Daddy

Post by Big Bad Booty Daddy » Feb 3rd, '13, 08:19

Dont get me wrong ill always be a big Hogan fan, problem that i have is the whole thing that interested me in TNA in the first place was the fact, it had some really good talent, some really exciting matches like Ultimate X. The Knockouts division was pretty good and they had a decent tag division.

Hogan comes in and whether they were his ideas or not they decided to pretty much get rid of the tag division completely. Change the 6 sided ring which made it different to a normal 4 sided, Knockouts division now consists of about 5/6 wrestlers max to to which about 3/4 only seem to get constant tv time. The knockouts tag belts are a joke and have the longest reigning champs out of all the holders and one ISNT even a Knockout.

Brooke Hogan is getting far too much tv time for my liking, Thought she was meant to be "the boss" of the knockouts division or somehing, yet she seems to have done nothing except bring that female ref in and get pounded by Bully Ray since she arrived.

Hogan seems to say one thing one minute and another thing the next week.

Shogun Rua

Post by Shogun Rua » Feb 3rd, '13, 11:13

Was a huge Hogan fan when I was younger, but over the years my respect for him has depleted.

His match with Shawn Micheals at SummerSlam (can't remember the year) was probably one of the best matches he's ever had in his career, but Hogan was being a dick about it and wouldn't lose to HBK EVEN THOUGH he wasn't going to be staying very long. He was supposed to lose at the next WWE PPV, but claimed to be injured.

Fast forward, he goes to TNA, and the first thing he does is get rid of their unique ring. Then, he brings along all of his hangers on.

Hogan could do so many other things, but he just can't stand to be out of the spotlight, and it's almost sad to see.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 3rd, '13, 13:45

Big Bad Booty Daddy wrote:Dont get me wrong ill always be a big Hogan fan, problem that i have is the whole thing that interested me in TNA in the first place was the fact, it had some really good talent, some really exciting matches like Ultimate X. The Knockouts division was pretty good and they had a decent tag division.

Hogan comes in and whether they were his ideas or not they decided to pretty much get rid of the tag division completely. Change the 6 sided ring which made it different to a normal 4 sided, Knockouts division now consists of about 5/6 wrestlers max to to which about 3/4 only seem to get constant tv time. The knockouts tag belts are a joke and have the longest reigning champs out of all the holders and one ISNT even a Knockout.

Brooke Hogan is getting far too much tv time for my liking, Thought she was meant to be "the boss" of the knockouts division or somehing, yet she seems to have done nothing except bring that female ref in and get pounded by Bully Ray since she arrived.

Interesting and all...But 9/10ths of it was what Hogan's done since being in TNA and not your opinion of him. :-\
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Feb 3rd, '13, 22:06

Hogan's a legend, without question.... when he's working for Vince McMahon.

Any time Hogan ventures outside the WWE Umbrella he comes across like a Has Been or a Nostalgia Bit. Vince knows Hulk and knows how to promote him, he knows how to make him look like a legend. Hogan has no idea how to promote himself (or anything else for that matter). Hogan's egotistical character only works on the biggest stage, even in WCW it took a heel turn and piggybacking on a game changing angle to make him relevant again.

Flair never seemed to have this problem, I never felt like Rock or Austin needed McMahon, but Hogan does for some reason. Without him he just slides further and further into irrelevancy. He'll be sitting beside Warrior and Damien Demento shooting YouTube videos before long I'm afraid...

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 3rd, '13, 23:18

Bob-O wrote:Hogan's a legend, without question.... when he's working for Vince McMahon.
this is true, not that Hogan needs him, but more as Vince is the only man to able to control Hogan

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Feb 4th, '13, 02:48

cero2k wrote:
Bob-O wrote:Hogan's a legend, without question.... when he's working for Vince McMahon.
this is true, not that Hogan needs him, but more as Vince is the only man to able to control Hogan
This is true, but Hollywood Hogan was excellent, too; despite the chaos and abuse of influence

RedSon

Post by RedSon » Feb 6th, '13, 16:52

that jabroni!

hogan was, is and will be the most iconic wrestler ever, maybe only contested against santo. i don't really have a problem with him staying involved in wrestling as long as he doesn't half-ass it.
The Man That Gravity Forgot!

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Feb 9th, '13, 06:20

here's some food for thought; an idea of how Hogan has tarnished his image:

Charlamagne the God calls Funkmaster Flex "Flex Hogan" as an insult. SONIC and KD know what I'm talkin about

Big Bad Booty Daddy

Post by Big Bad Booty Daddy » Feb 12th, '13, 09:36

KILLdozer wrote:
Big Bad Booty Daddy wrote:Dont get me wrong ill always be a big Hogan fan, problem that i have is the whole thing that interested me in TNA in the first place was the fact, it had some really good talent, some really exciting matches like Ultimate X. The Knockouts division was pretty good and they had a decent tag division.

Interesting and all...But 9/10ths of it was what Hogan's done since being in TNA and not your opinion of him. :-\

/:) /:)

Big Bad Booty Daddy

Post by Big Bad Booty Daddy » Feb 12th, '13, 09:36

badnewzxl wrote:here's some food for thought; an idea of how Hogan has tarnished his image:

Charlamagne the God calls Funkmaster Flex "Flex Hogan" as an insult. SONIC and KD know what I'm talkin about

Whos KD??

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 12th, '13, 09:48

Big Bad Booty Daddy wrote:
badnewzxl wrote:here's some food for thought; an idea of how Hogan has tarnished his image:

Whos KD??
Dozer

Big Bad Booty Daddy

Post by Big Bad Booty Daddy » Feb 12th, '13, 13:35

cero2k wrote:

Whos KD??
Dozer

Oh right

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 12th, '13, 21:35

KILLdozer wrote:

/:) /:)
You seriously giving me the raised eyebrows? This is all you said about what you think of Hogan:

"Hogan seems to say one thing one minute and another thing the next week"

"Dont get me wrong ill always be a big Hogan fan"

The rest is LITERALLY nothing but how he's fucked things up since coming to TNA...What's there to raise your eyebrows about? :p

Big Bad Booty Daddy

Post by Big Bad Booty Daddy » Feb 14th, '13, 14:07

KILLdozer wrote:
You seriously giving me the raised eyebrows? This is all you said about what you think of Hogan:

"Hogan seems to say one thing one minute and another thing the next week"

"Dont get me wrong ill always be a big Hogan fan"

The rest is LITERALLY nothing but how he's F'ed things up since coming to TNA...What's there to raise your eyebrows about? :p
Just interesting thats all!!

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 15th, '13, 14:19

Why are you "yelling", lol, I was just generally confused as to how that was your opinion on Hogan.

Big Bad Booty Daddy

Post by Big Bad Booty Daddy » Feb 15th, '13, 14:33

KILLdozer wrote:Why are you "yelling", lol, I was just generally confused as to how that was your opinion on Hogan.

I wasnt yelling, its just amusing