2 Cents: The SHIELD

Get your opinions out
Forum rules
All Topics must start with "2 cents:" continued by the wrestler, event, segment, match being talked about.

example:
2 cents: John Cena
cero2k
Site Admin

2 Cents: The SHIELD

Post by cero2k » Dec 5th, '12, 12:08

Ambrose, Rollings, and Reigns. We prayed and prayed for their debut, now they're here. As a group set out to bring HONOR back to WWE. What's your opinion so far on this trio? are you liking their debut?

badnewzxl

Re: 2 Cents: The SHIELD

Post by badnewzxl » Dec 5th, '12, 23:09

LOVE it! I don't think I've ever looked forward to a group breaking up more than I do with this group....

RedSon

Post by RedSon » Dec 7th, '12, 12:10

so far so good. i just wonder why they have soo many bags in the attire. what are they keeping in there!?
The Man That Gravity Forgot!

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Dec 7th, '12, 15:39

RedSon wrote:so far so good. i just wonder why they have soo many bags in the attire. what are they keeping in there!?
It's supposed to be "tactical" gear, I think lol.

I don't like them together, just because I don't see how this "shield against injustice" thing is going to make sense once they decide to reveal it. I'm worried the angle here is going to end up being a stupid way to use great guys. If that makes any sense.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 8th, '12, 00:10

Serujuunin wrote:I don't like them together
My problem when they first debuted was "Hey! Oh no no no... Ambrose and Rollins HATE each other!!!!"

Their FCW feud was so good it ruins the pairing for me.

Aside from that, which I'll eventually get over, I like it. I like that they've been brought in to work with Punk and (loosely) Daniel Bryan. My only issue is that Ambrose should be getting more mic time. Enough of the beat downs (ENOUGH of the three man Power Bombs!), let Ambrose so what he does best and get some heat that way.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » May 31st, '13, 01:18

I think it's fitting to bump this. We're 6 months in and we've got the US Champion and the Tag Team Champions. They've been booked as unstoppable for last 6 MONTHS. Before the gold we've seen them collectively defeat Ryback, John Cena, Big Show, Randy Orton, Kane, Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, Jinder Mahal, Kofi Kingston, they beat down The Rock and gave The Undertaker his exit to go make more babies with Michell McCool.

Kofi is out of action. Hell No lost their rematch. With nothing on the forefront, where do you see The Shield going from here?

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » May 31st, '13, 03:41

Bob-O wrote:I think it's fitting to bump this. We're 6 months in and we've got the US Champion and the Tag Team Champions. They've been booked as unstoppable for last 6 MONTHS. Before the gold we've seen them collectively defeat Ryback, John Cena, Big Show, Randy Orton, Kane, Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, Jinder Mahal, Kofi Kingston, they beat down The Rock and gave The Undertaker his exit to go make more babies with Michell McCool.

Kofi is out of action. Hell No lost their rematch. With nothing on the forefront, where do you see The Shield going from here?
The only part i disagree with is the "unstoppable" part; I think they've shown strength in numbers better than any group in WWE. However, individually within the WWE they aren't any different from anyone else. That's why I like them; just like the Steiners in WCW in the sense that as a team they were ELITE, but as individuals they need work. It points out the variations in pro wrestling; exposes how strengths and weaknesses can be exploited.

From here, I simply see the Shield members ushering in that new age of superstars we saw coming when Punk crossed his legs on the RAW Stage two years ago. I think this is the second big step in giving us a TRUE new era in pro wrestling....

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 31st, '13, 07:18

Bob-O wrote:
Serujuunin wrote:I don't like them together
My problem when they first debuted was "Hey! Oh no no no... Ambrose and Rollins HATE each other!!!!"

Their FCW feud was so good it ruins the pairing for me.
I don't think they hate each other at all. I think there is certainly a rivalry there, but no hate. If they hated each other, Rollins would not have earnestly been encouraging Ambrose to step up his game like he did to build up to their FCW Title match.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 31st, '13, 07:21

badnewzxl wrote:
The only part i disagree with is the "unstoppable" part; I think they've shown strength in numbers better than any group in WWE. However, individually within the WWE they aren't any different from anyone else. That's why I like them; just like the Steiners in WCW in the sense that as a team they were ELITE, but as individuals they need work. It points out the variations in pro wrestling; exposes how strengths and weaknesses can be exploited.
THIS!
badnewzxl wrote: From here, I simply see the Shield members ushering in that new age of superstars we saw coming when Punk crossed his legs on the RAW Stage two years ago. I think this is the second big step in giving us a TRUE new era in pro wrestling....
This one I will believe when they show that they can give someone else a solid push. Based on everything that has happened with Cesaro, Axel, and even guys like Kofi and Swagger over the years, I don't have much faith that WWE really knows how to push someone anymore. I'm still not convinced that this isn't a blind squirrel finally finding a nut.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3