Did You Know: Jon Moxley....

Forum rules
All Topics in this subsection must start with the prefix "did you know" followed by the name of the topic.

e.g.
Did You Know...The Rock
NWK2000

Did You Know: Jon Moxley....

Post by NWK2000 » May 26th, '19, 12:17

.... Lied to WWE on his way out? He told themhe was retiring, which is why he got such a nice sendoff.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Big Red Machine

Re: Did You Know: Jon Moxley....

Post by Big Red Machine » May 26th, '19, 13:12

NWK2000 wrote: May 26th, '19, 12:17 .... Lied to WWE on his way out? He told themhe was retiring, which is why he got such a nice sendoff.
I had heard something along these lines. If I remember correctly, he is not the first person to pull this trick on them. Victoria did so as well, and I'm pretty sure there is at least one more relatively famous one from farther back that I'm forgetting.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » May 26th, '19, 14:14

I thought he just told them he was taking time off then would weigh his options...
Big Red Machine wrote: May 26th, '19, 13:12
NWK2000 wrote: May 26th, '19, 12:17 .... Lied to WWE on his way out? He told themhe was retiring, which is why he got such a nice sendoff.
I had heard something along these lines. If I remember correctly, he is not the first person to pull this trick on them. Victoria did so as well, and I'm pretty sure there is at least one more relatively famous one from farther back that I'm forgetting.
lol Ric Flair...

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » May 26th, '19, 14:15

Bob-O wrote: May 26th, '19, 14:14 I thought he just told them he was taking time off then would weigh his options...
Big Red Machine wrote: May 26th, '19, 13:12
lol Ric Flair...
Yeah...that "SHIELD, Last chapter and Last Interview" they did, definitely made it seen like he was just leaving.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » May 26th, '19, 20:58

KILLdozer wrote: May 26th, '19, 14:15 Yeah...that "SHIELD, Last chapter and Last Interview" they did, definitely made it seen like he was just leaving.
Now that he's officially jumped, I've seen the 'WWE Thought He Was Retiring' thing pop up a few places. I think it's a little fishy that none of that came up when he released that professionally produced Moxley video a few weeks ago, fishier yet that he didn't take any bookings after releasing said video.

I think WWE realized it was in their best interests to play nice with him if they wanted a chance to get him back in three years. He played nice with them, he did what he was asked, and they milked the last little bit they could out of Shield stuff at a time when they needed stuff to do. But, it'd look poorly on WWE's part if they said, "Yeah... one of our top guys went for that greener grass... you'll have that.", so instead they can go "What the... that bastard LIED to us! He's a LIAR!"

I think if they legit thought he was retiring he would have been booked somewhere on the Mania card, or something at least hinting at retirement. Even if they know it's bullshit, what better way to make somebody look bad by booking them a fancy retirement? NOTHING WWE did sent that message at all except the bit in Last Chapter where he said he didn't know what was next. C'mon, it was pretty obvious... but, Mox is the only guy that's left so far that they'll want back at some point. They were on great terms with Jericho until he became exclusive to someplace else, and I'm sure they want that same relationship with Ambrose one day.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 26th, '19, 21:19

Bob-O wrote: May 26th, '19, 20:58
KILLdozer wrote: May 26th, '19, 14:15 Yeah...that "SHIELD, Last chapter and Last Interview" they did, definitely made it seen like he was just leaving.
Now that he's officially jumped, I've seen the 'WWE Thought He Was Retiring' thing pop up a few places. I think it's a little fishy that none of that came up when he released that professionally produced Moxley video a few weeks ago, fishier yet that he didn't take any bookings after releasing said video.

I think WWE realized it was in their best interests to play nice with him if they wanted a chance to get him back in three years. He played nice with them, he did what he was asked, and they milked the last little bit they could out of Shield stuff at a time when they needed stuff to do. But, it'd look poorly on WWE's part if they said, "Yeah... one of our top guys went for that greener grass... you'll have that.", so instead they can go "What the... that bastard LIED to us! He's a LIAR!"

I think if they legit thought he was retiring he would have been booked somewhere on the Mania card, or something at least hinting at retirement. Even if they know it's bullshit, what better way to make somebody look bad by booking them a fancy retirement? NOTHING WWE did sent that message at all except the bit in Last Chapter where he said he didn't know what was next. C'mon, it was pretty obvious... but, Mox is the only guy that's left so far that they'll want back at some point. They were on great terms with Jericho until he became exclusive to someplace else, and I'm sure they want that same relationship with Ambrose one day.
Because I think they figured that the retirement wouldn't be permanent and he'd be back in a few years so they didn't want to call it a retirement.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3