Did You Know: Owen Hart...

Forum rules
All Topics in this subsection must start with the prefix "did you know" followed by the name of the topic.

e.g.
Did You Know...The Rock
Bob-O

Did You Know: Owen Hart...

Post by Bob-O » May 4th, '19, 05:46

TIL the plan for Owen Hart following The Blue Blazer gimmick was to take a more serious turn.

Owen was going to start referring to himself as "The Game", and as a dig to Bret, use the phrase "I'm not just the best in the game... I AM the GAME!"

As we all know, history ran it's course and the gimmick was picked up by a jabroni that nobody remembers and barely saw the light of day.

XIV

Re: Did You Know: Owen Hart...

Post by XIV » May 4th, '19, 06:10

The Game?

Stupid nickname. It would never get over.
Have A Nice Day!

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » May 4th, '19, 12:37

There's absolutely nothing wrong with what happened, there shouldn't be shame in it...

...but is there a MORE "Kliq-ey" thing to do than steal an unused gimmick from a dead guy and get crazy over with it?

Owen is regarded as a SUPER chill guy with no enemies, so I'm not sure how the Owen/Kliq relationship was, but after everything that went down, I can't imagine him leaving home-run gimmicks to Hunter in his Will...

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » May 4th, '19, 13:42

Bob-O wrote: May 4th, '19, 05:46 TIL the plan for Owen Hart following The Blue Blazer gimmick was to take a more serious turn.

Owen was going to start referring to himself as "The Game", and as a dig to Bret, use the phrase "I'm not just the best in the game... I AM the GAME!"

As we all know, history ran it's course and the gimmick was picked up by a jabroni that nobody remembers and barely saw the light of day.
I heard this just this week. One of those times where its unfortunate that another wrestler benefited from the misfortune of another...

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 4th, '19, 19:12

Had not heard this before.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3