Did You Know... Eric Bischoff

Forum rules
All Topics in this subsection must start with the prefix "did you know" followed by the name of the topic.

e.g.
Did You Know...The Rock
Big Red Machine

Did You Know... Eric Bischoff

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 20th, '18, 07:58

Did you know that while the most well-known target of Bischoff's infamous "couldn't cut the mustard" line was Sean Waltman, Bischoff had used the same line on the air several years ago about two other wrestlers who had just left the company. One of them was Maxx Payne. The other was a young nobody named Jean-Paul Levesque.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

XIV

Re: Did You Know... Eric Bischoff

Post by XIV » Feb 21st, '18, 05:58

Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 20th, '18, 07:58 Did you know that while the most well-known target of Bischoff's infamous "couldn't cut the mustard" line was Sean Waltman, Bischoff had used the same line on the air several years ago about two other wrestlers who had just left the company. One of them was Maxx Payne. The other was a young nobody named Jean-Paul Levesque.
Didn't know that.

Never really had any feelings on Waltman. But I think Triple H cuts the mustard just fine.
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 21st, '18, 08:14

XIV wrote: Feb 21st, '18, 05:58
Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 20th, '18, 07:58 Did you know that while the most well-known target of Bischoff's infamous "couldn't cut the mustard" line was Sean Waltman, Bischoff had used the same line on the air several years ago about two other wrestlers who had just left the company. One of them was Maxx Payne. The other was a young nobody named Jean-Paul Levesque.
Didn't know that.

Never really had any feelings on Waltman. But I think Triple H cuts the mustard just fine.
isn't cutting the mustard a saying for farting? or is that a different food?

XIV

Post by XIV » Feb 21st, '18, 09:03

cero2k wrote: Feb 21st, '18, 08:14
Didn't know that.

No, I'm fairly sure you literally just "cut" a fart.
Have A Nice Day!

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Feb 21st, '18, 11:55

Didn't know that.

Cutting the cheese.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Feb 21st, '18, 20:05

Waltman wasn't the same after he got hurt, grounding his aerial stuff. He couldn't keep up with guys his size after that. Syxx was perfect, the obnoxious scrawny guy with Hall and Nash handing him wins, but after that he never would have gotten over without DX... as a stand-alone competitor; he did not, in my humble opinion, cut the mustard.
NWK2000 wrote: Feb 21st, '18, 11:55

Didn't know that.

Cutting the cheese.
If you're Roman Reigns you're just cutting a promo...