Did You Know the Vulture Squad

Forum rules
All Topics in this subsection must start with the prefix "did you know" followed by the name of the topic.

e.g.
Did You Know...The Rock
Big Red Machine

Did You Know the Vulture Squad

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 26th, '17, 21:48

Did you know that the Vulture Squad was originally supposed to be Jack Evans, Ruckus, & Deranged of Special K, but after Deranged blew a bunch of spots in a match with Jack at Death Before Dishonor V: Night 2 and then they had an argument backstage which resulted in Jack beating the crap out of him and he pretty much left the business afterwards and Jigsaw was eventually given the spot instead?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Did You Know the Vulture Squad

Post by cero2k » Jan 26th, '17, 22:58

did not know that, but i did read sometime back that ROH had plans for some people in Special K that never went anywhere, Deranged and Azriel for sure, i think Dixie and Izzy at one point too

Big Red Machine

Re: Did You Know the Vulture Squad

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 27th, '17, 01:53

cero2k wrote:did not know that, but i did read sometime back that ROH had plans for some people in Special K that never went anywhere, Deranged and Azriel for sure, i think Dixie and Izzy at one point too

It was whoever came out of the Special K break-up feud as Lacey's Angels. I think what happened was that when Lacey turned on them and recruited Whitmer and Jacobs they had a match that was so bad that Gabe edited it off the DVD and I know he stopped using one of them after that. I think Azriel got a few more chances. Even Jimmy Jacobs almost got let go at that point because Gabe said he wasn't connecting with the audience in anything above an average way and wasn't having great matches. Gabe told Jimmy to "do something to show me why I should keep you" so Jimmy made Ballad of Lacey and the rest is awesome history.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3