How I Would Book Wrestlemania 28

The sky is the limit
Big Red Machine

How I Would Book Wrestlemania 28

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 1st, '12, 11:34

Heel Divas win, with Eve picking up the pin on the celeb:
Reasoning: Eve gets a win, allowing her to say she is better than Beth, setting up for a heel vs. heel title match, and having her feud with Kelly possibly build Kelly in to make it a Triple Threat match at Extreme Rules:

Big Show def. Cody by Count-out.
Reasoning (this one is actually Lance Storm's idea, not mine): The story has been about Cody taunting Show for losing at Mania, so Show should get the win at Mania. At the same time, taking the IC Belt off of Cody would be a mistake right now. Having Show win bu Count-out makes Show the winner in semi-decisive fashion so Show doesn't "choke" again, but Cody gets to keep the belt, and setting up at least one more match in this feud (for the title, assumedly at Extreme Rules, and, to build off of the finish to their match at Mania, a Falls Count Anywhere match).

Team Johnny Wins: (Maybe Eve distracts Ryder or something to build onto that)
Reasoning: Quite simply, heel authority figures work better. Johnny Ace's character has been just plain awesome since he became interim GM, and Teddy Long has been unbearably boring and unfunny for years now. Quite simply, it would be a shame to lose Johnny and a shame to keep Teddy.

Orton def. Kane with a flash pin but gets jumped immediately afterwards
Reasoning: Kane needs to show that he is a monster now, and the past few weeks haven't been doing that well. This finish keeps this feud going until Extreme Rules where they can blow it off in the match it started with: a Street Fight (which is really the match they should be having here).

Dragon def. Sheamus when AJ purposely gets in the way multiple times, stopping Sheamus from hitting the Brogue Kick as Sheamus doesn't want to run her over.
Reasoning: An AJ heel turn would be awesome (and heartbreaking), and they seem to have put the pieces in place rather well. Also, with Sheamus' temper, if she keeps getting in the way down the line, he actually can run her over and it will be completely in character for him, even as a babyface.

Taker def. Triple H clean
Reasoning: The Streak is one of the most major accomplishment in the history of wrestling, simply because of the way it has been built up. It should never be broken. Also, any dirty finish here will absolutely piss the fans off and gets the wrong kind of heat (the "I HATE this angle" kind of heat, not the "you dastardly heel!" kind of heat).

Jericho def. Punk via cheating
Reasoning: Mania should have major news coming out of it. Not having any title changes would be too disappointing. Also, what could possibly get better heat than a feud between two guys claiming to be the "best in the world" and, after wrestling a clean match up until that point, the heel gets the win after a low blow and a roll-up? That is "throw trash at the heel" heat right there!

Cena def. Rock.
Reasoning: Rocky can't go over. He just can't. It wouldn't be right. I'm not even sure how to do this, but in my gut, I know that Rocky shouldn't go over.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3