Booking NXT Takeover: Orlando to be as 'epic' as Takeover Dallas

The sky is the limit
cero2k
Site Admin

Booking NXT Takeover: Orlando to be as 'epic' as Takeover Dallas

Post by cero2k » Feb 2nd, '17, 11:56

I was just looking at what the potential card for Takeover Orlando is gonna be, and I just don't see much to it. So i figured, what time is it? It's Fantasy Booking time!

Rollins vs Triple H at NXT. The first NXT champion returns to destroy his creator.
After watching Hunter's RAW promo, i seriously wanna see this contested in NXT where Hunter is defending what he created. Rollins tried to invade it and papa Hunter must defended. Now if you don't want to have Rollins be the heel, well, stack the odds against him by going to Hunter's domain, by playing by Hunter's rules, by reclaiming his NXT glory.

Roode vs Dillinger (NXT Title, NXT Career vs Title)
Dillinger is smoking hot right now, hit it while the iron is hot. He doesn't need to win the title, but let him have a good match. He could take some time off until the next Draft and Dragon to reveal he signed someone he saw a lot of potential in.

Aleister Black vs Tyler Bate (UK Title)
Crown a champ that is tall enough to be on the main shows.

Nakamura vs (new surprise signee) Kyle O'Reilly
Nakamura's farewell match is just like his debut.

Asuka vs Ember Moon (Women's title)
I rather do Asuka vs Kimbre Lee but not enough time left and they may as well push Moon

AOP vs DIY vs Revival
Not enough teams to do other stuff, so just put them all there.

Ohno vs Seven
British Strong Style vs Knockout Artist, nuff said

Winning team becomes no 1 contenders for all titles
Sanity vs Strong/No Way Swann/Liv
Kinda seems like a cool idea to do, regardless of what team wins, you have credible contenders to post WM NXT.

Itami vs Almas
I just didn't think either man should be left out, but had nothing else to do with them.

What would you book for Takeover Orlando to make it as memorable as Takeover Dallas?

Big Red Machine

Re: Booking NXT Takeover: Orlando to be as 'epic' as Takeover Dallas

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 2nd, '17, 12:51

cero2k wrote:I was just looking at what the potential card for Takeover Orlando is gonna be, and I just don't see much to it. So i figured, what time is it? It's Fantasy Booking time!

Rollins vs Triple H at NXT. The first NXT champion returns to destroy his creator.
After watching Hunter's RAW promo, i seriously wanna see this contested in NXT where Hunter is defending what he created. Rollins tried to invade it and papa Hunter must defended. Now if you don't want to have Rollins be the heel, well, stack the odds against him by going to Hunter's domain, by playing by Hunter's rules, by reclaiming his NXT glory.
Doesn't matter what Rollins says. The moment you portray Hunter as "defending what he created" he becomes a babyface.
Roode vs Dillinger (NXT Title, NXT Career vs Title)
Dillinger is smoking hot right now, hit it while the iron is hot. He doesn't need to win the title, but let him have a good match. He could take some time off until the next Draft and Dragon to reveal he signed someone he saw a lot of potential in.
An excellent idea

Nakamura vs (new surprise signee) Kyle O'Reilly
Nakamura's farewell match is just like his debut.
Nice bookending.

I rather do Asuka vs Kimbre Lee but not enough time left and they may as well push Moon
Who would you have go over? I agree that the match is right but I think Asuka should win. Have her defend against Cross at the next Takeover, then drop it to Ember SummerSlam weekend

Ohno vs Seven
This is definitely the best place to do this match. My fear is that the commentary won't necessarily be able to carry it, especially with Nigel not particularly doing well on commentary when he sees guys getting potential concussions

Kinda seems like a cool idea to do, regardless of what team wins, you have credible contenders to post WM NXT.
I'm pretty sure they consider Swann already gone.

Itami vs Almas
I just didn't think either man should be left out, but had nothing else to do with them.

What would you book for Takeover Orlando to make it as memorable as Takeover Dallas?
I have someone unexpected in mind who could be booked against Asuka. I've got her going against someone else in my ongoing fantasy booking. You'll have to stay tuned to see who it is (cheap plug)
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 2nd, '17, 13:47

I was just looking at what the potential card for Takeover Orlando is gonna be, and I just don't see much to it. So i figured, what time is it? It's Fantasy Booking time!

Doesn't matter what Rollins says. The moment you portray Hunter as "defending what he created" he becomes a babyface.
then by all means let's go for the double turn. I would also assume that if they would go with Hunter being the heel, then you wouldn't make it about defending NXT.

Who would you have go over? I agree that the match is right but I think Asuka should win. Have her defend against Cross at the next Takeover, then drop it to Ember SummerSlam weekend
i'm sooo tired of Asuka and her reign that I really wanna see it end ASAP (i wanted her to lose on San Antonio), but your idea would work, they would probably wanna hold Cross winning the title until WM 2018

Ohno vs Seven
This is definitely the best place to do this match. My fear is that the commentary won't necessarily be able to carry it, especially with Nigel not particularly doing well on commentary when he sees guys getting potential concussions
if Nigel can't overcome that, doing commentary in 2017 is probably a bad idea

i couldn't figure out another tag team, TM61 is injured and Blake and Murphy would need a lot of work. If Tyler Bate wasn't champ I'd be down to add Mustache Mountain as the team, have Dunne vs Black for the UK title.

[/color]

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 2nd, '17, 15:15

cero2k wrote:I was just looking at what the potential card for Takeover Orlando is gonna be, and I just don't see much to it. So i figured, what time is it? It's Fantasy Booking time!

then by all means let's go for the double turn.
An interesting concept. I put a few moments thought into this and while I think you could turn Rollins heel by basically having him try to "destroy" NXT (do some official "moving up" thing for Shinsuke but then have Rollins come out and ruin it by injuring him, then have him run around willy-nilly and take out top guys, both babyface and heel), I'm having trouble coming up with a way to make the root cause of this not all come back to the fact that Hunter betrayed Seth and cost him the Universal Title, then, instead of confronting him like a man he lured him into an ambush.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 2nd, '17, 15:18

cero2k wrote:Winning team becomes no 1 contenders for all titles
i couldn't figure out another tag team, TM61 is injured and Blake and Murphy would need a lot of work. If Tyler Bate wasn't champ I'd be down to add Mustache Mountain as the team, have Dunne vs Black for the UK title.
You could have Jose make amends with Kona Reeves by saving Kona from Sanity. Or, perhaps more simply, you could avoid the issue all together by just not booking Sanity as a tag team and instead focusing on EY as a singles wrestler.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 2nd, '17, 15:27

An interesting concept. I put a few moments thought into this and while I think you could turn Rollins heel by basically having him try to "destroy" NXT (do some official "moving up" thing for Shinsuke but then have Rollins come out and ruin it by injuring him, then have him run around willy-nilly and take out top guys, both babyface and heel), I'm having trouble coming up with a way to make the root cause of this not all come back to the fact that Hunter betrayed Seth and cost him the Universal Title, then, instead of confronting him like a man he lured him into an ambush.
you could change it as Hunter stopped Rollins because he was getting out of control. He injured Finn and so he rather crown one of his 'kids' instead than see the architect continue his 'Authority' ego trip once again.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 2nd, '17, 15:33

cero2k wrote:Winning team becomes no 1 contenders for all titles
You could have Jose make amends with Kona Reeves by saving Kona from Sanity. Or, perhaps more simply, you could avoid the issue all together by just not booking Sanity as a tag team and instead focusing on EY as a singles wrestler.
I seriously pulled a gedo and tried to book as many guys in the card. I liked the idea of one match giving us no 1 contenders to all the titles and Sanity happens to have a main eventer, a tag, and a girl. I really couldn't give a fuck about EY, but I actually do like all other 3 members of Sanity, they wouldn't build to a takeover anyway, just a midway big show.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 2nd, '17, 17:54

cero2k wrote:

you could change it as Hunter stopped Rollins because he was getting out of control. He injured Finn and so he rather crown one of his 'kids' instead than see the architect continue his 'Authority' ego trip once again.
I guess that kind of works

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation