NWK briefly sketches out the CWC and the Crusierweight Division

The sky is the limit
NWK2000

NWK briefly sketches out the CWC and the Crusierweight Division

Post by NWK2000 » Sep 16th, '16, 12:59

Some background
-I wrote this out two days after the brackets was announced, with the Draft in its infancy I wasn't sure how this was going to be approached. Instead of a trophy, I envisioned a belt being presented as a prize regardless.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

NWK2000

Re: NWK briefly sketches out the CWC and the Crusierweight Division

Post by NWK2000 » Sep 16th, '16, 13:17

Round 1

Akira Tozawa def Kenneth Johnson
Jack Gallagher def Fabien Aichner

Tajiri def Damien Slater
Gran Metalik def Alejandro Saez

Harv Shira def Drew Gulak*
Zach Sabre Jr. def Tyson Dux

Noam Dar def Garv Shira
Ho Ho Lun def Daivari

Right side

Brian Kendrick def Raul Mendoza
Tony Nese def Anthony Bennet

Kota Ibushi def Sean Maluta
Cedric Alexander def Clement Petiot

TJ Perkins def Da Mack
Johnny Gargano def Tamaso Ciampa

Lince Dorado def Mustafa Ali
Rich Swann Def Jason Lee

*- This is the one screwy finish all tournament.Shira superkicks Gulak on the outside and Gulak doesn't make the count, causing Shira to win by count out.

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Sep 16th, '16, 13:25

Round 2

Jack Gallagher def Akira Tozawa*
Gran Metallik def Tajiri

Zach Sabre Jr def Harv Shira
Ho Ho Lun def Noam Dar

Right side
Brian Kendrick def Tony Nese*
Kota Ibushi def Cedric Alexander

Johnny Gargano def TJ Perkins
Rich Swann def Lince Dorado

*This is the point where Kendrick's "do anything to win while still being a face" attitude causes friction between Mauro and Bryan. Mauro says he understands Kendrick's attitude, but how far is too far? Bryan says this is a redemption road for Kendrick, and Kendrick would live the rest of his life unfullfilled if he didn't get this opportunity.
*Akira stiffly kicks Gallagher midway through the match. Gallagher loses it (think Perry Saturn shooting on Mike Bell) and holds the submission on Tozawa for a while after the bell. Mauro inteviews Gallagher after the match to ask him what that was all about. Gallagher simply responds, "I'm afraid Mr.Tozawa didn't keep it gentlemanly."

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Sep 16th, '16, 13:35

Round 3

Jack Gallagher def Gran Metallik*
Zach Sabre Jr. def Ho Ho Lun

Right side
Kota Ibushi def Brian Kendrick*
Rich Swann def Johnny Gargano

*Tony Nese, Tyson Dux, and Drew Gulak are seen in the front row applauding Gallagher after his clean win
*This match is important as this is the first match where the loser does not shake the winner's hand, Kendrick looks devestated

In between shows, Kendrick and Gargano get into a Twitter flame war, Gargano basically calling out Kendrick for being an asshole. Kendrick basically says he of all people should know what he's feeling, toiling in the independents forever. He also threatens to beat the understanding into Gargano by crippling him for life. Ciampa joins in and demands Kendrick finds a tag partner, as #DIY will fight Kendrick and a partner of his choosing at the live finale. Tony Nese volunteers to be Kendrick's partner.

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Sep 16th, '16, 14:10

CWC Live Finale

Semi’s
Jack Gallagher def Zach Sabre Jr. *
Kota Ibushi def Rich Swann

*This is the first time we see full blown heelery from Gallagher, including a Ringpost Figure 4 spot, which allows Gallagher to work on the legs for the rest of the match and get the submission win.

#DIY def Kendrick and Nese (DIT hits their combo on Nese for the win. Post match, Kendrick demands medics for Nese)

During Regal's interview with Mauro and Bryan, it is interrupted by a SaNITY vignette, which has been running on NXT since the beginning of the CWC

Finals
Kota Ibushi def Jack Gallagher

After the presentation of the Crusierweight Belt and post match interview, the SaNITY theme hits, Brian Kendrick, Tony Nese, and Tyson Dux, hit the ring attacking Ibushi, with Gallagher joining in. They reveal themselves as SaNITY as the show fades to black.

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Sep 16th, '16, 14:25

Aftermath

The Crusierweight Belt is defended across Raw, Smackdown, and NXT, with the main feud being Ibushi vs SaNITY, with many different challengers on Raw and Smackdown (Zayn, Kallisto, Sin Cara, The Shining Stars etc). Some of the more publicized CWC competitors start appearing on Smackdown, while some of the B-Level players end up on NXT to bolster the tag team division.
Meanwhile, the GMs of all three brands have a bidding war for Kota Ibushi. this goes on for 2-3 months, allowing Ibushi vs SaNITY to play across all the brand PPV's, Kendrick and Ibushi trade the belt several times, while Nese and Gallagher work as a tag team. The feud wraps with Kendrick and Ibushi in a ladder match. with Ibushi winning. At this point it's revealed the Crusierweight Title is exclusive to Monday Night Raw. While Smackdown and NXT features Crusierweights, the championship programs are all on Raw.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 18th, '16, 00:38

I'm not saying it wouldn't have worked (in fact, I really liked the way you handled Gallagher)... but I think that this sort of thing is what the Cruiserweight Classic was specifically trying to stay away from. Let the tournament be the only angle in the CWC and save that stuff for when the Cruiserweights get to the main roster.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Sep 19th, '16, 11:53

Big Red Machine wrote:I'm not saying it wouldn't have worked (in fact, I really liked the way you handled Gallagher)... but I think that this sort of thing is what the Cruiserweight Classic was specifically trying to stay away from. Let the tournament be the only angle in the CWC and save that stuff for when the Cruiserweights get to the main roster.
Keep in mind this was all sketched out during Bracketology and based on initial impressions of some of the guys (Gallagher came off as a heelish snob in his sitdown interview). I also figured the tournament would feature angles, especially if they were going to sign some of the people.